Week 10: Browns @ ‘Vens

Ray Reed

5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

We've seen this game a 1000 times before during the Harbaugh era, it's at the point where you can literally feel it. All started on the blocked FG drive. 

I was smart enough to shut the game off after halftime and watch the predictable updates trickle in on twitter. 

Let's see how they respond this time.

You can literally see it on Harbaugh's face. He gets all pouty and confused at a certain point in the game. 

18 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

If anyone is interested, Ravens had 98% win probability up 14 in the 4th quarter when the Browns had it 2nd and 15 on their own 20 with 11ish minutes left. 

Even on the final drive where we lost, we had a false start (or holding?) on CLE, then a strip sack, and then they just easily waltzed their way down the field with absolutely no resistance whatsoever.

Total team collapse from Lamar and the defense.

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Even on the final drive where we lost, we had a false start (or holding?) on CLE, then a strip sack, and then they just easily waltzed their way down the field with absolutely no resistance whatsoever.

Total team collapse from Lamar and the defense.

I’ve noticed that it’s very hard for Lamar to pull himself out of a funk during a game. Once he gets frustrated it’s borderline impossible to settle him down on the field and he starts pressing way too much 

Just to follow up, using ESPN's win probability calculator:

Loss vs. CLE: 97% win probability with 11:15 left in the 4th quarter
Loss vs. IND: 88% win probability with 2:03 left in the 4th quarter
Loss @ PIT: 90% win probability with 5:29 left in the 4th quarter

Just epic choke after epic choke. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

I said last week teams are just going to make lamar beat them not with his arm but by the deep ball and browns did that and teams are going to follow suit

IDK I don't really see that as being a big factor in the game. Lamar had a good Y/A, just the two picks hurt. 

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

I don't really see that as being a big factor in the game. Lamar had a good Y/A, just the two picks hurt.

If the defense isn't scared of the deep ball then it makes the intermediate to short things harder, browns went with a lot of cover 1 man, bengals were scared off lamar deep ball which is why he was slicing them up at that game, make the deep ball work it only helps out the medium to short stuff until then against legit teams idk

2 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

If the defense isn't scared of the deep ball then it makes the intermediate to short things harder, browns went with a lot of cover 1 man, bengals were scared off lamar deep ball which is why he was slicing them up at that game, make the deep ball work it only helps out the medium to short stuff until then against legit teams idk

The Browns are as legit as defense as we will face this year

• Like 3