Week 10: Browns @ ‘Vens

Ray Reed

15 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I think it is also possible that Mitchell maybe missed some blocking assignments and the staff did not trust him with those responsibilities. 

This would be my guess as well, believe Justice Hill was in on all the snaps on that last drive by the Ravens, mainly in pass protection. Given we were down to our backup tackles and they were already getting dominated, figured they wanted a slightly bigger/better back in pass protection to help chip the edge rushers - not that it made much difference in the end.

56 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

This would be my guess as well, believe Justice Hill was in on all the snaps on that last drive by the Ravens, mainly in pass protection. Given we were down to our backup tackles and they were already getting dominated, figured they wanted a slightly bigger/better back in pass protection to help chip the edge rushers - not that it made much difference in the end.

From watching the tape on both sides of the ball, the Browns were DOMINATING us in the trenches.

The Wyatt Teller film was just him pancaking everyone on our DL, and then the Browns DL film was just them putting Mekari on his *** all day long. But it's still a shame we didn't really try anything to get the ball out of Lamar's hands faster. We just tried blocking more guys...

• Like 1

Lamar leads the NFL in 4th Q/OT turnovers since 2021 with 12. That’s with him missing big portions of the last 2 seasons.

Really hard to close out games in the 4th with a lead when your offense is turning the ball over. So many games all we need to do is not turn it over and we win, and we turn it over. Has to be better

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Lamar leads the NFL in 4th Q/OT turnovers since 2021 with 12. That’s with him missing big portions of the last 2 seasons.

Really hard to close out games in the 4th with a lead when your offense is turning the ball over. So many games all we need to do is not turn it over and we win, and we turn it over. Has to be better

Hi Ray season on my friend 

Looks like this year goes down to last week

• Like 1

Not necessarily a must-win but I think Harbaugh's seat starts to get warm if we don't bounce back on Thursday. With the amount of talent on this team, going one and done in the playoffs again is not necessarily enough for him to lose his job but it's enough that I think there will be a legitimate conversation to be had. Part of that comes down to how it all goes down, though, and kneecapping ourselves by dropping down to a wild card team because of catastrophic collapses against every single on of our divisional rivals would be untenable. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

26 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Not necessarily a must-win but I think Harbaugh's seat starts to get warm if we don't bounce back on Thursday. With the amount of talent on this team, going one and done in the playoffs again is not necessarily enough for him to lose his job but it's enough that I think there will be a legitimate conversation to be had. Part of that comes down to how it all goes down, though, and kneecapping ourselves by dropping down to a wild card team because of catastrophic collapses against every single on of our divisional rivals would be untenable. 

If our defense rebounds and finishes the year strong, and we go 1-and-done in the playoffs, I would not be opposed to immediately transitioning to Mike Macdonald (assuming he's even ready to be a HC) after this year.

All of Harbaugh's supposed strengths are actually weaknesses this year - Special Teams, in-game coaching decisions, halftime adjustments.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:11 PM, Nobellythrower said:

It’s because Mike Macdonald hasn’t shown an ability to adjust his defense as games go along. He hasn’t shown a legitimate counter punch to something that isn’t working or that’s being exploited.

He needs to improve in this regard if the team has any hope of winning the Superb Owl.