Week 11 GDT: Bears vs. Lions

CBears019

One very concerning thought that just occurred to me:

If Ryan Poles is making a decision on both Fields and Flus,  it is totally possible that he could see yesterday as a game where Flus had the team in position to win, and in a key moment Fields missed a throw that let the game get away.  I don't think this is accurate, but sometimes you see what you want to see and if he's still liking Flus, or more likely sees his future more tied with Flus than Fields, you could talk yourself into that assessment of the game. 

Don't know why I'm exploring all the negative scenarios here, but the weird undercurrents from the media suggesting Flus might be locked in for some insane reason, and the converstations around here saying Flus should stay have me a big paranoid about worst case outcomes.  If they keep Flus it's likely only for another year, and they'd essentially just be kicking the next restart down the road, again.  Barf. 

When you are a completely dominate as the Bears were through 56 minutes of a game it is inexcusable for them to lose. That is coaching. We have seen multiple collapses like this with this regime. I know I'm preaching to the choir but they have to go. I know there were several player mistakes but every team has players make mistakes every week. This regime is such a clown show.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

When you are a completely dominate as the Bears were through 56 minutes of a game it is inexcusable for them to lose. That is coaching. We have seen multiple collapses like this with this regime. I know I'm preaching to the choir but they have to go. I know there were several player mistakes but every team has players make mistakes every week. This regime is such a clown show.

Correct: the *entire* regime

52 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Man, this used to be such a nice forum, everyone getting along... Now this crap team has divided us and made everything contentious. First we can't agree on how deeply to fire Eberflus into the ground and now this.

I wasn't being contentious. My point was Eberflus is a huge issue and so is Poles. 

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I wasn't being contentious. My point was Eberflus is a huge issue and so is Poles. 

I was making a joke.  Normally those "I'm going to correct your post" posts are suggesting the original poster was wrong,  for you two it was more "I agree, but here's the OTHER part that sucks" regarding the totality of the staff.  Starting to see why people use the /s but I certainly don't disagree with you!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'm just scared they're going to get rid of him and he's going to become a star else where and make the Bears organization pay dearly for giving up on him. I'm torn right now.

I understand that trying to pair JF with a potential new coaching staff may not be ideal, but Flus being fired is looking more and more probable with each week that passes, and if that's the case then they should not dictate to a new HC that he has to work with Fields, although at the same time it's not as if it can't be an option if said HC determines through their own evaluation that Fields is someone they would like to work with 

What they absolutely cannot do though is keep this coaching staff and move on from JF to draft a rookie. That'll be a big time mistake

I guess what we are hoping for is a Drew Brees - Phillip Rivers situation...with the Chargers Rivers was without doubt better than Brees ever was...Brees just found the perfect landing spot and became a hall of famer...

Fields played well yesterday but if Maye or Williams do blow the front office and new HC out the water then we still need to make that move...the best QBs in this league have the rare ability to slow the game down and play in calmness...Fields still hasn't shown that (him, Getsy's scheme, play calling, talent around him all to blame) until he can show that then there will always be conversations that we can do better.

31 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Unfortunately, like many other very questionable coaching and personnel decisions, this sadly will not be the case. 

So, yes, unfortunately so:  From Eberflus' presser today, responding to a question about whether Dexter would be earning more snaps and if so, why, he responded with "No, absolutely not, and, ah, for the why? It's because of Madmike90,  him personally actually. I hate that guy and want to ruin his Sundays"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

So, yes, unfortunately so:  From Eberflus' presser today, responding to a question about whether Dexter would be earning more snaps and if so, why, he responded with "No, absolutely not, and, ah, for the why? It's because of Madmike90,  him personally actually. I hate that guy and want to ruin his Sundays"

I reviewed the footage and this tracks.

• Like 1