2023 Week #14 TNF Steelers 7-5 Host Patriots 2-10

Steeler Hitman

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

This offseason will be interesting

Agreed. Even from just a fan standpoint. 

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

People say it's not the steeler way to do certain things in the offseason. That's all out the window now with this new FO.

It isn’t but we aren’t in position to do things the Steelers Way, which I take as draft well, retain good players at reasonable rates, move on from guys a year too early than a year too late. So we got to shift to do things different because we aren’t in position to do that. 

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm really fascinated in how they'll handle this QB/OC situation. I think everything is on the table. Cousins, Murray, big trade up for a rookie, sticking with kenny etc... not saying we should make those moves, but I won't dismiss the possibility

I am too. I think it would be reasonable to move on from Mitch. If Fields can be had cheap get him. Let him and Kenny Duke it out. If both play in 2024 and both are bad, you have your answer as to what your 2025 pick needs to be. 

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I am too. I think it would be reasonable to move on from Mitch. If Fields can be had cheap get him. Let him and Kenny Duke it out. If both play in 2024 and both are bad, you have your answer as to what your 2025 pick needs to be.

I still think KP would be god enough with a legit OC and better OL . Still, the idea of a a new QB is good to replace mitch (if he doesn't win ) and to replace KP is he doesn't progress.  OC though is the first thing, legit OC  or forget it.  Lets see what the steeler way is in the offseason. Maybe they extend mitch (to lessen the bleeding fro his colbert deal still) and keep mason since he knows the steeler way.

17 minutes ago, warfelg said:

"included Mike T’s approach to leading this locker room"

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-offense-struggling-nobody-knows-cause/

where is the "hands/palms up in the air" emoticon

“You guys might want a colorful answer, but it’s really execution,” Cole said. “Like, that’s it. The stuff is there, we aren’t executing.”

Diontae Johnson did not have a much better answer.

“I think it comes down to execution,” Johnson said. “We can’t do much more than that. You just have to watch the film and get back to work. That’s all you can do.”

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

There’s where I’m at. Hence why I think a coach wouldn’t make a meaningful difference. 

That's fair, very much so. The influx of talent has to be better for any HC prospect to want to take the role here in Pittsburgh or for it to end any different than Carolina currently. 

Edited by VigilantZombie
  • Like 1

I never commented on this play King is talking about but wanted to.  Good point Peter, and  high draft status high salary QB failed right there, thats on mitch

of course they forgot to mention how tomlin wasted the TO's that could have been of use near the end of the game

4 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Wondering if the league has any issue with TJ being in concussion protocol. My guess is it was on that first play, but then he came back in and played the rest of the game, but is in protocol now. 

https://x.com/steelersdepot/status/1733501907334045744?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Given the independent doctor thing I think they’ll be in the clear. 

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/steelersdepot/status/1733501907334045744?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Given the independent doctor thing I think they’ll be in the clear. 

It seems odd that when he came back in the game that he had a tinted visor. Sensitivity to light is one of the most common symptoms of a concussion. He had no visor prior to the head injury.

It doesn't take a genius to come to a conclusion that he was symptomatic and still allowed to return to the game. I would imagine someone may get in trouble for this, even if it is the independent doctor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

It seems odd that when he came back in the game that he had a tinted visor. Sensitivity to light is one of the most common symptoms of a concussion. He had no visor prior to the head injury.

It doesn't take a genius to come to a conclusion that he was symptomatic and still allowed to return to the game. I would imagine someone may get in trouble for this, even if it is the independent doctor.

Yes I noticed that and that’s why I was wondering if it would be an issue