Josh McCown has broken left hand, back injury

jetskid007

Petty I believe will play the whole game this week. I expect him to play average to below average. I think we lose bad and then look to Hack. At that point Petty has had his shots. Play Hack the last 2 games. See what he has after knowing the system for a season. I genuinely have no clue how he will perform. But we go from there. If he looks below average to awful we know we need to get Cousins, Bridgewater or draft a qb in Round 1. If he looks good then obviously all should be ecstatic and hope he grows as a player.

Uh, no. If Hackenberg looks good in the garbage time part of the season, you still draft a QB in Round 1 and don't get duped into thinking you have anything more than a second-round bust.

At least everybody got what they wanted...McCown done for the season and the Jets having zero chance of winning another game.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Uh, no. If Hackenberg looks good in the garbage time part of the season, you still draft a QB in Round 1 and don't get duped into thinking you have anything more than a second-round bust.

At least everybody got what they wanted...McCown done for the season and the Jets having zero chance of winning another game.

I don't think Macc is naive enough to pass on a QB based on a 2 game trial. He tried trading up for Watson last year because he was his top QB. All a solid outing would do is maybe change your perspective a bit... unless a QB you love is there, you're not mortgaging too much or maybe you avoid signing a QB to an overpriced contract in free agency... things like that. Always better to have 2 good young QBs than one. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I don't think Macc is naive enough to pass on a QB based on a 2 game trial. He tried trading up for Watson last year because he was his top QB. All a solid outing would do is maybe change your perspective a bit... unless a QB you love is there, you're not mortgaging too much or maybe you avoid signing a QB to an overpriced contract in free agency... things like that. Always better to have 2 good young QBs than one. 

Right.  Maccagnan has been scouting and reviewing Darnold, Rosen and Allen since last draft. I am sure he will check out more like Jarrett Stidham and Drew Lock. However, I hope it is not for some ruse ****. lol.

Archived