QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

The only problem with that point is that I'm referring to This off-season(which would be after Josh McDaniel got fired and therefore could no longer be in control).

Why weren't we wondering who the assistant GM would be this off-season?(that's what a question looks like by the way)

Some of us were. Several people were wondering if Champ would acquire a role in that vain if he didn’t get the promotion. 

where is the assistant GM search thread on this forum list?(this is a question) Because we know how long the OC search thread one was. I know how long the Luke Getty as new OC.

But now the idea that an OC is very important(especially as it pertains to a team with a defensive coach) is just a narrative apparently. Interesting thought. (this is not a question just in case you were confused)

Edited by Jeremy408

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

where is the assistant GM search thread on this forum list?(this is a question) Because we know how long the OC search thread one was. I know how long the Luke Getty as new OC.

But now the idea that an OC is very important(especially as it pertains to a team with a defensive coach) is just a narrative apparently. Interesting thought. (this is not a question just in case you were confused)

Wow you really are that daft. Nobody knew if there was going to be a place for Champ, but there were plenty of people asking and wondering if he would still have a place with the organization and in what capacity. Plenty of speculation on if he would be an assistant GM. Quit being purposefully obtuse. (I know you won’t it’s the only way you craft arguments). 

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Wow you really are that daft. Nobody knew if there was going to be a place for Champ, but there were plenty of people asking and wondering if he would still have a place with the organization and in what capacity. Plenty of speculation on if he would be an assistant GM. Quit being purposefully obtuse. (I know you won’t it’s the only way you craft arguments). 

I just wanna see the thank God we retained champ Kelly thread, where we talked about that for almost a month. Yet the OC that everyone was wondering about and we talk about every day on this form for weeks is not as important as that guy. Who cares where that OC goes to see a player in person. 

15 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s true and a good point I’ve never thought of. I’m sure the Raiders hierarchy in terms of decision making is determined based on threads on this forum. 

The reality is that no GM’s attended pro days today because they’re in the thick of trying to execute their free agency plan. The fact that the Raiders sent Champ Kelly and the new QB coach to go see Nix tells me that we’re interested.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I just wanna see the thank God we retained champ Kelly thread, where we talked about that for almost a month. Yet the OC that everyone was wondering about and we talk about every day on this form for weeks is not as important as that guy. Who cares where that OC goes to see a player in person. 

You need to get back to answering my questions kid. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

That’s true and a good point I’ve never thought of. I’m sure the Raiders hierarchy in terms of decision making is determined based on threads on this forum. 

The reality is that no GM’s attended pro days today because they’re in the thick of trying to execute their free agency plan. The fact that the Raiders sent Champ Kelly and the new QB coach to go see Nix tells me that we’re interested.

That’s obviously how every front office works. Jeremy kid here knows every inner working of the FO. He’s personally driving the Rattler faction back to Vegas as we speak. 

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

That’s obviously how every front office works. Jeremy kid here knows every inner working of the FO. He’s personally driving the Rattler faction back to Vegas as we speak. 

I’m sure that they’d send the primary decision maker to go see a 3rd / 4th round pick work out to ensure he’s a good fit for the scheme.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I’m sure that they’d send the primary decision maker to go see a 3rd / 4th round pick work out to ensure he’s a good fit for the scheme.

Oh absolutely. I’m sure they sent the whole offensive staff with Getsy who they already know has a great eye for QB development.  

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Oh absolutely. I’m sure they sent the whole offensive staff with Getsy who they already know has a great eye for QB development.  

They actually sent the QB coach with Champ and there have been rumors throughout the offseason that we like Nix lol

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They actually sent the QB coach with Champ and there have been rumors throughout the offseason that we like Nix lol

lol I know. It’s blowing my mind that this is an actual argument that he’s so dug in on. Just like the Tomlin one. Wild days man. 

2 hours ago, FloydFan said:

-Why does literally the entire world disagree with you on this topic? Maybe it’s because you just prefer being a contrarian?

-Why does Belichick beat Tomlin in almost every stat yet Tomlin is better?

-Why does Belichick get discounted for Brady yet Tomlin not for Roethlisburger?

-Why does age not factor into this? Tomlin is significantly younger and obviously Belichick at his advanced age affects his suitors. People don’t want a coach who is going to be gone in three to four years at best. 

-On the topic of Russell Wilson still being able to play? The answer to that is simple: the whole world doesn't disagree with me. In this world people believe some things and other people believe in other things. It's actually why it's called an opinion. 

-Fun fact: I never actually said Tomlin is a better coach than Bill Belichick. Don't believe me? Go find me where I actually said that Tomlin is a better coach than Bill Belichick. The point I was simply making was in response to a question the NYRaider mentioned to me about belichick getting Cam Newton wrong despite being a decorated coach. It was then that I mentioned that there's a reason why he is unemployed. So that there's no mystery to what I was saying, the point I was making was that after Tom Brady Belichick has shown three times(with a Jarrett Stidham Mac Jones in Cam Newton) but he was unable to successfully identify a worthy successor and it obviously affected his ability to win games. One can make the point that after the consistently solid quarterback play of Tom Brady, he was unable to sustain a winner(he had one winning record after that). Mike Tomlin(who are the only reason why he's being mentioned is because I pointed out that he was interested in signing Russell Wilson or the 1.2M that no one thought he was going to sign for) have shown both when he had Ben Roethlisberger at the end of his career when he wasn't good anymore and after Ben Roethlisberger retired that he can still produce a winning record and go to the playoffs. I was mentioning that you don't end up having the most constiant winning records as a HC because you reliant on the QB. Why is that relevant to this conversation? Because the whole topic of conversation was how good does Russell Wilson need to be to make the Steelers who are getting him for 1.2 million a better team. It had nothing to do with who is the better coach. I don't even actually know how you guys turned it into that. But now that you're actually asking the question I can address it. 

-In terms of what? I started writing and then I realized I didn't even understand the question you're asking here

-No it wouldn't factor in because any coach who regresses every year (especially after a certain great quarterback leaves and goes to a different team and wins the Super Bowl), regardless of age. And if you could get the greatest coach of all time who obviously still wants to play do you really think age is going to be the reason why you don't go after him? Or is it because he hasn't had a winning season in three years(which just so happens to be after the quarterback he had for 20 years and six Super Bowls victories out of nine appearances). It's pretty clear the teams don't want him. 

1. Read this very carefully to understand

2. In the future, if you have a question, ask a question. You get a lot better results than if you accuse someone of not answering a question that you did not ask. :)

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Man I gotta start giving the Assistant GM more flowers! 

Not getting involved in this, but it’s also peak smoke screen season. 
haven’t we recently drafted players in the first we never even officially met with?

IMO pro day isn’t as important as tape anyways. 
wouldn’t put to much weight in who goes where to watch in person. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Not getting involved in this, but it’s also peak smoke screen season. 
haven’t we recently drafted players in the first we never even officially met with?

IMO pro day isn’t as important as tape anyways. 
wouldn’t put to much weight in who goes where to watch in person. 

Definitely true point. I just thought it was interesting

• Like 1