Bo Hardagree

PhillyRaider

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Oh, I’d prefer an upgrade too but I don’t think we can pin our failures on offence on Hardegree. We had open receivers against the Chiefs, Adams was open several times and Meyers was wide open for a potential TD and the QB simply either was late on the throw, threw behind the receiver or just didn’t see him.

Id bring in a veteran guy and try and keep Bo behind him in the system if possible to see how he develops, I don’t think it’s accurate at all that you're portraying him as a guy who took All Pro’s like Tannehill and Darnold and corrupted them. They didn’t need a coach, they needed a magician.

Tannehill improved into a good player as soon as he got away from Bo. Sadly Darnold and Mac Jones were too far gone. Carr / Jimmy / Cutler also had their worst years of their careers under Bo. I just personally don’t see any reason to keep him on staff based on his resume that includes zero success in like a decade of coaching. 

Optimism is good, we should keep AOC too, maybe he’s the next Tom Brady.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Tannehill improved into a good player as soon as he got away from Bo. Sadly Darnold and Mac Jones were too far gone. Carr / Jimmy / Cutler also had their worst years of their careers under Bo. I just personally don’t see any reason to keep him on staff based on his resume that includes zero success in like a decade of coaching. 

Did you even look at the Stars from Cutler?

Best AVG. QB Rating in his career

4th Most Passung Yards in his Carrer

2nd Beat completion rate of His career

8 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Did you even look at the Stars from Cutler?

Best AVG. QB Rating in his career

4th Most Passung Yards in his Carrer

2nd Beat completion rate of His career

He played so well that he almost immediately got shipped out of Chicago. 

Bo surely helped Carr here last year and Jimmy this year too. Why did both of them only last for a year with the great Bo coaching them up? 

48 minutes ago, Rolni said:

It will be interesting how AP approaches the offensive side, offensive staff IMO.
We have a few guys, who should stay IMO, unless there is clear upgrade, which might be hard to find.

I'm talking about Edgar Bennett, Carmen Bricillo, Kennedy Polamalu and I could see us returning Bo as QB coach too...

Then again I think AP should hire an OC, who can build up a full staff and if he wants to he should have the freedom to do so.

With that said I also would like to see an OC, who would be open to keep some guys from the previous regime, whom did a good work.

Greg Roman is a guy I can really see as our OC.

He is a proven OC with track record and the ability to run the hole O staff. He won't be snatched up as a HC anytime soon, even if we find good success. 

His commitment to the run game and his work with mobile QBs could be in line with how AP wants to run the O side.

We can do worse than Greg Roman. I definitely think we end up with one of Fields, Daniels, or McCarthy, all of whom would do well in his system. However, Lamar is having a career year without Roman.

Again, we don't know what kind of relationships are maintained after twenty years, but I brought up Chad Morton a few weeks ago since he played with AP in Washington. We know AP wants to run the ball while also attacking down field, which is something they definitely do in Seattle. I didn't realize that AP and Mark Brunell played together in Washington in 2004. Again, who knows what the relationship was like, especially since Brunell was benched that year, but he could definitely bring some of those Ben Johnson elements to Vegas. He could end up becoming OC if/when Johnson leaves, but they have a few potential options on staff.

Brennan Marion is another name that's come up. The more I read up on him, the more I like him. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get ahead of the curve with an offense averaging 36 points a game. The RPO emphasis would be great for a mobile QB, but he only has a couple years of playcalling experience in college. 

Of course, Leftwich is an option as well. He was looking like a head coaching candidate, but then was scapegoated running an offense with a dilapidated o line and an aging, distracted QB. Prior to 2022, he was viewed as an innovative offensive mind.

Finally, Champ has worked with Brian Callahan. Any chance he pulls a Bienemy to prove that he can do the playcalling on his own? Bringing his dad along to coach the line would be icing on the cake. This one is a bit of a reach though.

There are lots of young minds too, such as Jake Peetz, Zach Robinson, Jerrod Johnson, and Thomas Brown who all have experience with the Shanahan system. We are headed towards a very intriguing off-season. Let's hope that it doesn't start for a few more weeks. Go Raiders! Let's win the division!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You’re not really convincing me on these regressions to be honest. 

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

You’re not really convincing me on these regressions to be honest. 

So it must just all be chance occurrences I guess. Can you point to anything on his resume or that he has shown here that he should be trusted to develop a young franchise QB? 

If you bring in a new veteran OC he is likely going to want his own guys on staff. I don’t think he’s going to want to keep a JMD/Gase understudy that has failed at every stop as one of the key guys on staff.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He played so well that he almost immediately got shipped out of Chicago. 

Bo surely helped Carr here last year and Jimmy this year too. Why did both of them only last for a year with the great Bo coaching them up? 

And the 6 seasons before, were He wasn't that good either are Not the reason, the shipped him?

And I didn't said he was good just that you we're wrong. Again.

I didn't say a single word about Jimmy G or Carr regarding Bo, so why do you bring that Up?

Again to deflect. Always so predictable.

23 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

And the 6 seasons before, were He wasn't that good either are Not the reason, the shipped him?

And I didn't said he was good just that you we're wrong. Again.

I didn't say a single word about Jimmy G or Carr regarding Bo, so why do you bring that Up?

Again to deflect. Always so predictable.

My entire point has been that every Qb that Bo has coached regressed almost immediately. 

Cutler played so well for Bo the Bears almost immediately moved on. Just like we did / will do with Jimmy and Carr, just like the Jets did with Darnold, and the Dolphins did with Tannehill. 

So again if you trust him to develop him a young franchise QB, more power to you. Anyone that seen his seen his track record knows I’m right. 

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My entire point has been that every Qb that Bo has coached regressed almost immediately. 

Cutler played so well for Bo the Bears almost immediately moved on. Just like we did / will do with Jimmy and Carr, just like the Jets did with Darnold, and the Dolphins did with Tannehill. 

So again if you trust him to develop him a young franchise QB, more power to you. Anyone that seen his seen his track record knows I’m right. 

If they we're good before - you May have a Point.

But Darnold and Cutler we're mediocre at best before. So they don't fit your narrative.

Tannehill was not good either but had 2 good seasons afterwards, which also don't fit the narrative that everyone regressed.

Carr - whether you Like hin or Not everybody knew that his First season in a knew system is garbage, regardless of the QB Coach. And weren't you the one who gave Carr the fault for everything. Which one is now to blame Carr or Bo?

Jimmy's Arm didn't turn miraculously into a noodle just because of Bo.

6 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

But Darnold and Cutler we're mediocre at best before. So they don't fit your narrative.

Tannehill was not good either but had 2 good seasons afterwards, which also don't fit the narrative that everyone regressed.

Carr - whether you Like hin or Not everybody knew that his First season in a knew system is garbage, regardless of the QB Coach. And weren't you the one who gave Carr the fault for everything. Which one is now to blame Carr or Bo?

Wait we’re blaming bo for jimmy’s cannon of a arm Lololol 

28 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Again I’d prefer a new OC with a proven track record of success, not one who has failed at every stop of his career and was mentored by two of the worst coaches we’ve seen in recent NFL history.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So it must just all be chance occurrences I guess. Can you point to anything on his resume or that he has shown here that he should be trusted to develop a young franchise QB? 

If you bring in a new veteran OC he is likely going to want his own guys on staff. I don’t think he’s going to want to keep a JMD/Gase understudy that has failed at every stop as one of the key guys on staff.

No, the burden of proof is on you if you claim he ‘ruined’ several QBs. I’m neither saying I trust nor distrust him.

I just think you can’t lay all the blame on him for poor offensive performances when he’s taken over mid season (and an offence that was terrible and couldn’t score even 20) having never called plays and had to work with a 4th round rookie QB, also the last couple games he’s missing our best Olineman, an All Pro RB and our best TE. I believe the O is no worse now than pre Bo Hardegree, in fact statistically it’s quite a bit better. 

I’d personally bring in a veteran guy who’s been around the block to develop our kid if we draft a rookie QB, someone like a Bill Musgrave ir Frank Reich, though I honestly am not up on coordinators enough to make an honest, informed assessment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

No, the burden of proof is on you if you claim he ‘ruined’ several QBs. I’m neither saying I trust nor distrust him.

I just think you can’t lay all the blame on him for poor offensive performances when he’s taken over mid season (and an offence that was terrible and couldn’t score even 20) having never called plays and had to work with a 4th round rookie QB, also the last couple games he’s missing our best Olineman, an All Pro RB and our best TE. I believe the O is no worse now than pre Bo Hardegree, in fact statistically it’s quite a bit better. 

I’d personally bring in a veteran guy who’s been around the block to develop our kid if we draft a rookie QB, someone like a Bill Musgrave ir Frank Reich, though I honestly am not up on coordinators enough to make an honest, informed assessment.

My meter is if we dont keep Bo, do you think he’ll be an OC anywhere else next season. I’d wager a large sum of money that it’s a no. 

I’d prefer a veteran guy as well. Byron Leftwich is intriguing for me.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

My meter is if we dont keep Bo, do you think he’ll be an OC anywhere else next season. I’d wager a large sum of money that it’s a no. 

I’d prefer a veteran guy as well. Byron Leftwich is intriguing for me.

Ah, yes, Leftwich was a hot name a couple years ago. Interesting candidate. 

• Like 1