December Mock Draft

armsteeld

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

When it comes to Trotter, I'm not super into it mostly because I feel like he didn't have to "sift through the trash" so to speak.  I rather hold off for what I feel is a better LB class in 2025, get DL in this draft, rock with Holcomb and Roberts in 2024.

As far as Leggett, I like him, I just kinda question how he works in with WR group.  I think he's a good talent but I want to see a guy who can win in the short area.  

Which games do you feel not as confident about regarding getting to the ball? Ivan Pace played a similar style yet he looks good in Minnesota. 29.5 tackles for loss says he's good at shifting through trash.

54 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Which games do you feel not as confident about regarding getting to the ball? Ivan Pace played a similar style yet he looks good in Minnesota. 29.5 tackles for loss says he's good at shifting through trash.

Q: why didn't we take a chance on Pace?  

A mark robinson 

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

won't other teams think like this and in turn make the ILB's be a bit of a reach early? 

How is the UFA market for ILB next year? What about bringing Rell back to play ILB?

Yes but that is the draft.  It is why they need to go into the draft without holes in the team so they can draft BPA

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 3rivers said:

watch our OL  and see if your view changes on this 

If you want tackle you'll have to go earlier, 2nd round is too late to find a star here, (but this is where you find a starter ¬¬) unless the board is heavy and someone like Patrick Paul falls to you (at the top of round two, but good teams will take him late 1st), with a glut of left tackles escalated up the board from brand name and you get the actual star a bit later. Which is generally how the star is born.

If you want center you can get a stud in the 2nd and a starter in the 4th, guard will be the same.

If you want to drastically improve the line, which is certainly the case when you bottom feed ufa trenches and come up empty, you'll want to double dip and keep Broderick Jones where he is and prioritize left tackle in the first, unless it's not there, which is how the cookie crumbles :ph34r:

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

He's a little small to be the prototypical safety hybrid built for the modern game. It's like Devin Bush with less speed but more instincts. While I do believe this is a position that has merit and a place in some sub package fronts, or all fronts if you can control the line with your front (three or four), Pace is not the prototype for this position. For one, his side to side, which is the whole game for the trash sifter is OL esque. Or there about. And you can't sift through the trash if you're moving at the same speed.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Q: why didn't we take a chance on Pace?  

A mark robinson 

Pace profiles more like 26 Mark Barron with a tad bit more juice. A safety hybrid, built low to the ground, which is different than Mark Robinson and a running back played linebacker thumper. Hey - they're both in the middle -_- The best way to attack the ILB spot is to find yourself someone who projects as a 4-3 OLB that gets after the qb and is quick and fast and able to cover tight ends. That's the MAC prototype. Robinson is more like a MAC that profiles as a BUCK due to athletic limitations. The BUCK is now one of the rarest breeds in all the game. The UGA kid who just transferred to Kentucky (bewildering) is the guy who profiles best as the 240 pounder

Pace should get eaten alive by a 6'5" Kelce type, so he'll play BUCK as a safety hybrid, and that's just not ideal. It's like throwing the baked potato in the mike when it's gotta be mashed. Ok. thanks. You got butter or how am I supposed to eat this. Got bun? 9_9

Peyton Wilson was the one guy I thought could be Kuechly esque. That'll put him in the BUCK category, because we'll definitely need someone with more athleticism and dynamic nature to play MAC :ph34r: 

Dallas Turner would be the MAC prototype. Most people would play him at EDGE because of his athleticism, lock out, and get off. He's best in pursuit and closing that gap, and he'll run into a wall far too often at the next level to be playing against the LT, because he's neither strong enough nor LC enough to get this done on a consistent basis. 

4 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Woo I was tired when I wrote that and could have stated my point better. 

I feel like Clemsons defense did a fair enough job of keeping the LBs clean to make plays. My point stands less to the players and more to the process of team building. I don’t think we have a good enough line to get him clean looks at RBs and I rather spend time building on that as opposed to LBer. 

Also you don’t need to tell me on Pace. I wanted him in RD 4-5 last draft and he was a UDFA. 

• Like 1