2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'm just curious as to why the Patriots who had been around the literal GOAT were willing to let him walk and then signed Cam Newton as his replacement. I mean they are a great organization and had the greatest coach of all time. Surely they wouldn't sign a washed / bad QB to be their starter, they are a good organization. Cam also had 28 TD in his last healthy season before he signed with New England

To prove that he could win with anyone. they didn't get rid of Brady because he was washed as we saw the following year. They got rid of Brady because New England wasn't big enough for the both of them. As we saw, that was a stupid idea.

Mike Tomlin on the other hand, has nothing to prove. He's already won the most consecutive seasons of any coach in the NFL, regardless of quarterback play. He just sees a quarterback that can help his football team for an affordable price and can give the quarterback they did draft two years prior I transferred develop without having to play. If he shows vast improvement and somehow beats Russell the idea is that the contract will be so low that it doesn't matter.

if Russell balls out and Pickett shows improvement you can just let Russell Wilson walk Russell Wilson got to play on a really good team so he'll have a market. 

If Russell balls out and Pickett doesn't show  improvement. You can roll the Russ for like two more years and draft someone else.

it's not a complicated thing because there's no real money involved. We're not talking say if Russell can't play now you owe him something comparable to what we were going to end up owing Jimmy Garoppolo before he failed the drug test or whatever happened.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

To prove that he could win with anyone. they didn't get rid of Brady because he was washed as we saw the following year. They got rid of Brady because New England wasn't big enough for the both of them. As we saw, that was a stupid idea.

Mike Tomlin on the other hand, has nothing to prove. He's already won the most consecutive seasons of any coach in the NFL, regardless of quarterback play. 

So let me get this straight: 

Bill Bellichick who has 6 Super Bowls had something to prove but Mike Tomlin who has 1 Super Bowl had nothing to prove?

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

If he shows vast improvement and somehow beats Russell the idea is that the contract will be so low that it doesn't matter.

So the only reason a team would be interested in Russ is because even if he sucks it doesn't matter due to his contract? I thought they were interested in him because he can still play at a high level?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So let me get this straight: 

Bill Bellichick who has 6 Super Bowls had something to prove but Mike Tomlin who has 1 Super Bowl had nothing to prove?

So the only reason a team would be interested in Russ is because even if he sucks it doesn't matter due to his contract? I thought they were interested in him because he can still play at a high level?

1. Yes, there is a reason why one is employed while the other is not

2. They obviously don’t think he sucks because then why bring him in at all?lol.. common sense..

21 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

1. Yes, there is a reason why one is employed while the other is not

2. They obviously don’t think he sucks because then why bring him in at all?lol.. common sense..

Why does Bill have 6 Super Bowls compared to Mike Tomlin's 1?

Again if you watched Russ play last year there's no way you're arguing he can still play at a high level. The Steelers are one of the few teams in the league that he'd be an upgrade, which isn't an endorsement of how good he is, rather a how bad Kenny Pickett is.

Why does Bill have 6 Super Bowls compared to Mike Tomlin's 1?

Again if you watched Russ play last year there's no way you're arguing he can still play at a high level. The Steelers are one of the few teams in the league that he'd be an upgrade, which isn't an endorsement of how good he is, rather a how bad Kenny Pickett is.

Tom Brady 

What’s a high level?

Edited by Jeremy408

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Tom Brady 

What’s a high level?

Tomlin had Big Ben for most of his career and as you said he's such a great coach, even better than Bill, to the point he doesn't need a great QB to win, right?

A level where he consistently gives you a chance to win games.

Tillery released. Hoping we re-sign Butler at least for the DL. Interested to see if we bring any of our FA’s back. Eleumunor and Hooper would be useful depth pieces. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Tomlin had Big Ben for most of his career and as you said he's such a great coach, even better than Bill, to the point he doesn't need a great QB to win, right?

A level where he consistently gives you a chance to win games.

Who’s better Big Ben or Brady? 

oh yeah it’s clear Russell can do that

-still mobile

-still throws for a lot of tds

-still completes a high percent of his passes

-still has has never thrown more than 11 ints in a season.

not saying he’s a franchise quarterback but he didn’t give you a chance to win games if there’s talent around him him. For a cheap deal was my point in the first place 

Edited by Jeremy408

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Big Ben is a HOF QB

So let me get this right, Tomlin is better than Bill because he can win with any QB, yet only won a single Super Bowl with one of the greatest QB ever?

Russ is 17-27 as a starter over the last three years 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Big Ben is a HOF QB

So let me get this right, Tomlin is better than Bill because he can win with any QB, yet only won a single Super Bowl with one of the greatest QB ever?

Russ is 17-27 as a starter over the last three years 

Brady is the best quarterback of all time

Bill got fired by the team he won six rings for after not being very good after the quarterback that he won all of the six Super Bowls with went to a different team and won a Super Bowl with them. then after he was fired there was not any teams in the NFL that hired him

Mike Tomlin regardless of who was playing quarterback on his team whether it was a career back up or a rookie that I think it’s a draft bust personally or a really really oldBig Ben he has found a way to have a winning season. when he’s done it more than any coach in the NFL.

The Broncos suck. 

Edited by Jeremy408

Potential FA targets projected contracts according to PFF:

Offense

Kirk Cousins: 2 yr/$80M 

Tyron Smith: 1 yr/$10M

Mike Onwenu: 4 yr/$58M

Robert Hunt: 4 yr/$70M

Josh Jacobs: 3 yr/$33M

Kevin Zeitler: 2 yr/$15M

Connor Williams: 3 yr/$23M

Jermaine Eluemunor: 2 yr/$15M

Dalton Risner: 3 yr/$16M

Damien Lewis: 4 yr/$38M

Jon Runyan: 3 yr/$20M

Jonah Jackson: 3 yr/$30M

Defense

Chris Jones: 4 yr/$120M 

Christian Wilkins: 4 yr/$100M

Leonard Williams: 3 yr/$52M

DJ Reader 3 yr/$46M

Patrick Queen: 4 yr/$72M

Chidobe Awuzie: 2 yr/$21M

Chase Young: 1 yr/$15M

Jadeveon Clowney: 1 yr/$9M

Jordyn Brooks: 3 yr/$36M

Grover Stewart: 3 yr/$33M

Devin White: 1 yr/$7M

Adoree Jackson: 1 yr/$6M

Javon Kinlaw: 1 yr/$5.5M

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Brady is the best quarterback of all time

Bill got fired by the team he won six rings for after not being very good after the quarterback that he won all of the six Super Bowls with went to a different team and won a Super Bowl with them. then after he was fired there was not any teams in the NFL that hired him

Mike Tomlin regardless of who was playing quarterback on his team whether it was a career back up or a rookie that I think it’s a drive boss personally or a really really oldBig Ben he has found a way to have a winning season. when he’s done it more than any coach in the NFL.

The Broncos suck. 

He got 4 years without Brady before they moved on, Tomlin has only coached without Ben the last two seasons, lol.

He had Big Ben for 15/17 seasons, how has he shown he can win with anyone at QB, lmao. 

He was 6-8 in Seattle his final year there and they made the playoffs with the same team / Geno at QB the next season.

Potential FA targets projected contracts according to PFF:

Offense

Kirk Cousins: 2 yr/$80M 

Tyron Smith: 1 yr/$10M

Mike Onwenu: 4 yr/$58M

Robert Hunt: 4 yr/$70M

Josh Jacobs: 3 yr/$33M

Kevin Zeitler: 2 yr/$15M

Connor Williams: 3 yr/$23M

Jermaine Eluemunor: 2 yr/$15M

Dalton Risner: 3 yr/$16M

Damien Lewis: 4 yr/$38M

Jon Runyan: 3 yr/$20M

Jonah Jackson: 3 yr/$30M

Defense

Chris Jones: 4 yr/$120M 

Christian Wilkins: 4 yr/$100M

Leonard Williams: 3 yr/$52M

DJ Reader 3 yr/$46M

Patrick Queen: 4 yr/$72M

Chidobe Awuzie: 2 yr/$21M

Chase Young: 1 yr/$15M

Jadeveon Clowney: 1 yr/$9M

Jordyn Brooks: 3 yr/$36M

Grover Stewart: 3 yr/$33M

Devin White: 1 yr/$7M

Adoree Jackson: 1 yr/$6M

Javon Kinlaw: 1 yr/$5.5M

I think you go for Wilkins or Williams as a top priority

you try for Adoree Jackson with a cheap deal and if you can’t get him you just go back to Amik Robertson & draft a guy

try to resign Elu(draft a guy 1st if you don’t get him and arent able to trade up)

Bring Damian Lewis

22 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

-still mobile

-still throws for a lot of tds

-still completes a high percent of his passes

-still has has never thrown more than 11 ints in a season.

not saying he’s a franchise quarterback but he didn’t give you a chance to win games if there’s talent around him him. For a cheap deal was my point in the first place 

He was one of the lowest volume passers in the league last year. His completion % is inflated because how Payton used him and his TD numbers were also a product of Payton’s system. 

Payton got the most he could out of him and their offense still sucked. I don’t think Arthur Smith is going to maximize him more.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He got 4 years without Brady before they moved on, Tomlin has only coached without Ben the last two seasons, lol.

He had Big Ben for 15/17 seasons, how has he shown he can win with anyone at QB, lmao. 

He was 6-8 in Seattle his final year there and they made the playoffs with the same team / Geno at QB the next season.

Yeah but he has Won with washed Big Ben and when Big Ben was injured and they had to go with a back up. And of course he has shown this year they could win without Big Ben all together. 

A lot of injuries on Seattle the final year and it wasn’t the exact same team with geno. They intelligently used all of the Space and draft picks from the trade to sign key free agents receive key role players that help them out here and draft a bunch of players that became starters which made them better team(which I remember calling back then) I knew they were going to be better the following year just based on the fact that they had so much space and draft picks. It’s just that most people follow hype.

I also want to point out that I knew that Russell Wilson was going to be horrible on the Broncos because of how much he was paid and the fact of the Broncos are actually a garbage team just like how I think the Broncos are gonna be garbage next year pending if they make any crazy moves.