2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

who are your favorite targets in free agency? 

Offense 

QB: Russ Wilson, Sam Darnold, Jameis Winston, Baker Mayfield, Gardner Minshew, Tyler Huntley - I think we need to draft a QB and also add a vet. The QB unit is a joke right now. 

RB: Saquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard, D'Andre Swift, Zach Moss, Devin Singletary- I wouldn't pay big on the RB position. Zeus is breaking through, the two bolded are tempting. If we could get one of the other guys on a value contract to be RB2 would be amazing 

TE: Austin Hooper, Noah Fant, Gerald Everett, Mike Gesickt, Hunter Henry, Harrison Bryant- not sure if Hooper comes back, smart to have two good TE with flexibility. we would be in the market for a value vet TE2

G: Kevin Zeitler, Robert Hunt , Jon Runyan Jr, Kevin Dotson, Aaron Brewer, Dalton Risner, Jonah Jackson, Damien Lewis, Phil Haynes, Ezra Cleveland, Isiah Wynn- I think we let Andre James walk and kick Parham inside to center. Van Wroten is old, so I could see us add one or two new starting guards. 

DT: Chris Jones, Christian Wilkins, Leonard Williams, Justin Madubuike, Sheldon Rankins, Grover Stewart, Teair Tart, Shelby Harris, Javon Kinlaw, Raekwon Davis

NT:Michael Pierce, Sebastian Joseph Day, A'Shawn Robinson, Daquan Jones, Poona Ford - DT position needs a complete overhaul. I think we need 2 new guys: DT, NT

DE: Josh Allen, Brian Burns, Danielle Hunter, Chase Young, Bryce Huff, Jonathan Greenard, Za’Darius Smith, Leonard Floyd, Jadeveon Clowney, Josh Uche, Andrew Van Ginkel, Carl Lawson, Denico Autry, Dorance Armstrong, Mario Edwards Jr., Marcus Davenport -might not be a need at all if Koonce keeps ballin out 

OLB:Frankie Luvu, Jordyn Brooks, Azeez Al-Shaair, Devin White, Patrick Queen, Kenneth Murray,  Anthony Walker Jr., Blake Cashman, Drue Tranquil, Willie Gay, Jordan Hicks, Oren Burks - I think Deablo could use competition, we need atleast one starting level LB

CB: Jaylon Johnson, L’Jarius Sneed, Kendall Fuller, Chidobe Awuzie, Kenny Moore II, Steven Nelson, Adoree’ Jackson, Sean Murphy-Bunting, Tavierre Thomas, Amik Robertson- I think the Raiders found a gem in Jack Jones who is a CB1 level talent. Amik has been good as a starter, we could upgrade the CB2 spot or bring back Amik. Hobbs is fine as a nickel 

who would you like to bring in? 

my dream scenario: Jon Runyan, Leonard Williams, Devin White, Jaylon Johnson, Sebastian Joseph Day, Jameis Winston

Edited by Humble_Beast

54 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

who are your favorite targets in free agency? 

Offense 

QB: Russ Wilson, Sam Darnold, Jameis Winston, Baker Mayfield, Gardner Minshew, Tyler Huntley - I think we need to draft a QB and also add a vet. The QB unit is a joke right now. 

RB: Saquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard, D'Andre Swift, Zach Moss, Devin Singletary- I wouldn't pay big on the RB position. Zeus is breaking through, the two bolded are tempting. If we could get one of the other guys on a value contract to be RB2 would be amazing 

TE: Austin Hooper, Noah Fant, Gerald Everett, Mike Gesickt, Hunter Henry, Harrison Bryant- not sure if Hooper comes back, smart to have two good TE with flexibility. we would be in the market for a value vet TE2

G: Kevin Zeitler, Robert Hunt , Jon Runyan Jr, Kevin Dotson, Aaron Brewer, Dalton Risner, Jonah Jackson, Damien Lewis, Phil Haynes, Ezra Cleveland, Isiah Wynn- I think we let Andre James walk and kick Parham inside to center. Van Wroten is old, so I could see us add one or two new starting guards. 

DT: Chris Jones, Christian Wilkins, Leonard Williams, Justin Madubuike, Sheldon Rankins, Grover Stewart, Teair Tart, Shelby Harris, Javon Kinlaw, Raekwon Davis

NT:Michael Pierce, Sebastian Joseph Day, A'Shawn Robinson, Daquan Jones, Poona Ford - DT position needs a complete overhaul. I think we need 2 new guys: DT, NT

DE: Josh Allen, Brian Burns, Danielle Hunter, Chase Young, Bryce Huff, Jonathan Greenard, Za’Darius Smith, Leonard Floyd, Jadeveon Clowney, Josh Uche, Andrew Van Ginkel, Carl Lawson, Denico Autry, Dorance Armstrong, Mario Edwards Jr., Marcus Davenport -might not be a need at all if Koonce keeps ballin out 

OLB:Frankie Luvu, Jordyn Brooks, Azeez Al-Shaair, Devin White, Patrick Queen, Kenneth Murray,  Anthony Walker Jr., Blake Cashman, Drue Tranquil, Willie Gay, Jordan Hicks, Oren Burks - I think Deablo could use competition, we need atleast one starting level LB

CB: Jaylon Johnson, L’Jarius Sneed, Kendall Fuller, Chidobe Awuzie, Kenny Moore II, Steven Nelson, Adoree’ Jackson, Sean Murphy-Bunting, Tavierre Thomas, Amik Robertson- I think the Raiders found a gem in Jack Jones who is a CB1 level talent. Amik has been good as a starter, we could upgrade the CB2 spot or bring back Amik. Hobbs is fine as a nickel 

who would you like to bring in? 

my dream scenario: Jon Runyan, Leonard Williams, Devin White, Jaylon Johnson, Sebastian Joseph Day, Jameis Winston

I think you keep a make because he's the type of player that you can resign for alot cheaper than you can get a Jaylon Johnson or Ladarius Sneed which allows you to spend more money on other players you actually have to pay like jack Jones or Malcolm Koonce. You also may be able to add another impact player on the defense because of the cheap Amik Robertson contract. I noticed that all the really good defenses do it. 

• Like 1

We can clean up the mistakes of the old regime, my two main targets would be:

Jaylon Johnson - The best CB in the free agent class and who we should've drafted instead of Damon Arnette a few years ago. He's a west coast kid that played at Utah so I'm assuming he'd like to play in Vegas to be close to friends and family. Not to mention Champ Kelly was a part of the Bears front office when they drafted him so they're familiar with each other. If we were to sign Johnson we'd have one of the better cornerback rooms in the league with Johnson, Hobbs, and Jones.

Leonard Williams - He hasn't been great this year but I think he still has some juice left in the tank and he's a guy that can play up and down the defensive line. He's also a west coast kid that grew up a big time Raiders fan so I'm sure that he'd also love to stay on the west coast to be close to friends and family. Plus there's an obvious connection there if we retain Patrick Graham as he played for PG for years with the Giants.

• Like 1

I think there’s potential to have 80+ mil cap space with release of Garapolo (as June 1st designation), and I’d probably move on from Meyers and Renfrow.. Those 3 moves alone would put us around 82 mil.. these next moves I’d do in no particular order, but adding one from each group would be amazing, or 2-3 impact players out of the 4 non QB positions. 

I’d get another legit WR to pair with Adams - Mike Evans, Michael Pittman, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Tyler Boyd and Marquise Brown are all free agents yet most could get franchise tagged worst case. If we can make an upgrade over Meyers, I’m for it! 

Next area I’d address would be DT.. If we could sign one of Chris Jones, Christian Wilkins or Leonard Williams, it would make Crosby and Koonce that much better with pressure up the middle to worry about. 

An area that would also help make the DLine stronger would be strengthening up the CB position. Adding a Jaylon Johnson, Sneed, Awuzie or Gilmore to go with Jack Jones and Hobbs would give us a solid starting trio and still have depth with guys like Bennett and Facyson on the 2024 roster.. 

DE is another priority I’d target. Yes, Koonce has emerged but I’m not ready to crown him an every down player or think he’s some sack artist, but still see him as a good rotational piece. Plus he only has a year left on his rookie deal.. Ideally Crosby needs less snaps for his own health and longevity, as great as he is. Tyree may be better suited to bulk up and get stronger as an interior pass rusher.. So in this case if we can get an impact edge rusher and get a Josh Allen, Danielle Hunter, Brian Burns, Leonard Floyd or Clowney. Allen and Burns could get the tag here as well.

Lastly, QB is so unknown currently that it could go in so many directions.. trade up, trade back, sign a vet(Cousins if Minnesota goes younger in draft), trade for a vet (Fields/Murray as options, not advocating).. Either way, signing one + drafting one and bumping AOC down to QB3 sounds about right as he develops into more of a career backup/spot starter. Russell Wilson, Mayfield, Minshew and Darnold are 4 other bridge options. 

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn’t mind Leonard Williams, it is a good fit.. I’d prefer Chris Jones or Wilkins but Leonard isn’t a bad plan C.. if Chicago somehow doesn’t franchise Jaylon, snagging him and Leonard + an edge like Allen, Hunter or Burns would be an A+ free agency.

Something more realistic is probably Leonard, Kendall Fuller and Clowney/Autry DE vet as we need a 4th to go with Maxx, Koonce and Tyree. Jack Jones and Fuller outside with Hobbs in the slot would be a nice starting trio. Maxx, Leonard, Adam Butler/John Jenkins (I’d resign both) and Clowney as a base DLine looks solid.. Koonce and Tyree rotating, hopefully Nesta and Byron Young improve in year 2 as depth. Add a guy like Jerzhan Newton at 13 and we may finally have some push inside with Leonard and him. 

Assuming we missed out on the top 3 QBs, I'd love something like this

QB: Tyler Huntley

RB: Tony Pollard

TE: Noah Fant

G: Robert Hunt

DT: Justin Madubuike (pipe dream I'm sure)

Draft Nate Wiggins in the 1st and T'Vondre Sweat in the 2nd and we're cooking with fire.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I wonder if they’ll try to bring back Khalil Mack.

I know he’s not a need necessarily, but it would be cool to see him back again.

Not really a need especially with Koonce’s emergence, but id shed a few happy tears seeing Mack and Crosby on the field together lol