2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think so, he is well liked. I just hope we are smart with cap space. We are in Vegas, no income tax, player friendly coach...

Hondo Carpenter said that he spoke to an agent . The agent said players want to play for 3 coaches, Demeco Ryans, Dan Campbell and Antonio Pierce 

On 1/26/2024 at 9:56 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

We have another offseason with a new staff that has a ton of holes to fill on a roster devoid of above average talent.  Free agency has been a major disappointment over the last 20 years with massive overreaches and players not living up to their bloated contracts. 

I wonder how the new coaching staff will be perceived by free agents and their agents?  I have a feeling that it will be another disappointing off season as FA and their agents wont want anything to do with us until we can prove we can consistently win football games.  

We have no QB, a RB who wants to get paid and might be gone, an aging number 1 WR who should be traded, an Oline can could be upgraded at nearly every spot, a Dline that is littered with below average talent outside of Maxx and the "potential" of Wilson, a LB corp that is limited, CB depth is mostly below average although I do like Jones potential as a #2 and Hobbs was above average as a NB, our safeties are average at best. 

My guess is it will be another difficult offseason with a new coaching staff, no QB, not many players that are above average in terms of talent on a team that has been the worst ran organization in the NFL over the last 25 years.  I want to be optimistic but talk is cheap and it will be hard to land talent until we can prove we can consistently win.  

This is too pessimistic IMHO.

We just went 8-9 with a pretty terrible QB situation. Our top Olineman and All Pro RB missed games and our coach was fired halfway through the year.

QB is a huge question mark for sure, but outside that the OLine is average and can easily be upgraded with one draft pick and a free agent.

RB we have an All Pro or White looked very promising, depth can b found easily and cheaply. We’re in a great position here as we can roll with either comfortably.

WR we have a great #1, a great #2, a nice speed option in Tucker and Renfrow is a good slot although obviously over priced and could be cut. We only need depth here and to maybe replace Renfrow. TE we have a young stud in Mayer who I think is going to be great and depth is fine.

We have bookend DEs and a couple average DTs, we need another end to step up (maybe Wilson?) and we need a top DT so there is honestly a weakness there. 

LB has been a pleasant surprise, Spillane has been Pro Bowl quality and Deablo and Masterson to me have been solid but not unreliable for their roles. We could probably do with a little depth. It’s really not of great importance though.

CBs we have great depth but are really missing an outside guy to pair with Jones. Amik has filled in and is a valuable squad player, Hobbs and Hall are good slots. Draft or free agency can easily fix this.

Moehrig had a good year, Epps was good too and Pola Mao showed flashes. We gave Smith limited snaps and maybe we should bring in some extra competition but it’s a low priority really.

STs are excellent in terms of kicking but we could do with a dangerous returner.

All these things are easily doable in one off season, the QB may take 18 months seasoning if he’s a rookie but we really are not far off competing. It’ll ultimately come down to how they try and solve the QB conundrum but there’s plenty of reason to be optimistic.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 8

On 1/28/2024 at 12:16 PM, Raidersrule said:

I could see Tom going after saquon 

just like ekeler 

I was thinking we are going to get Ekeler, which would be a downgrade I think. I'd rather just stick with Jacobs than him. Barkley I could see too, again I'd rather just stick with Jacobs

2 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I was thinking we are going to get Ekeler, which would be a downgrade I think. I'd rather just stick with Jacobs than him. Barkley I could see too, again I'd rather just stick with Jacobs

I would sign a cheap vet to be RB2, someone like Antonio Gibson. I also like the RB class and think we could draft a stud in round 3~4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

If Jacobs is left to leave, White, Ekeler and Abdullah would be fine for me. We’d have speed, pass catching, change of pace. 

I’m a bit unsure why people don’t seem to like Abdullah, I think he’s been a great, reasonably cheap option.

Since Telesco was reluctant to give big money to Ekeler, I doubt we sign him even if JJ leaves.

I think we either bring back JJ or ride with Zeus and draft another RB to be his pair, maybe also bringing back Abdullah as a veteran 3rd down RB too...

It will be interesting what we do, since we will have a pretty good salary cap situation, I could see us bringing JJ back on a 1+1+1 kinda deal...

The JJ-Zeus pair could be the backbone of our O. The pairing would give us a better chance to have a healthy Jacobs come January IMO...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rolni said:

Since Telesco was reluctant to give big money to Ekeler, I doubt we sign him even if JJ leaves.

I think we either bring back JJ or ride with Zeus and draft another RB to be his pair, maybe also bringing back Abdullah as a veteran 3rd down RB too...

It will be interesting what we do, since we will have a pretty good salary cap situation, I could see us bringing JJ back on a 1+1+1 kinda deal...

The JJ-Zeus pair could be the backbone of our O. The pairing would give us a better chance to have a healthy Jacobs come January IMO...

I would only offer Eckler the vet minimum. RBs falloff fast 

18 hours ago, Darbsk said:

If Jacobs is left to leave, White, Ekeler and Abdullah would be fine for me. We’d have speed, pass catching, change of pace. 

I’m a bit unsure why people don’t seem to like Abdullah, I think he’s been a great, reasonably cheap option.

He’s alright, fits a role of vet 3rd down back. He doesn’t screw up but he also doesn’t make many explosive plays. He’s an end of the roster, vet min guy. I wouldn’t be mad if he was brought back, but I understand if fans want a younger guy with potential 

22 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I think Eckler would be a replacement from Abdullah/Bolden. Jacobs/White would still on the team in my opinion 

On 1/30/2024 at 1:19 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I think I agree too. He dropped off the face of the earth last year.

I'd honestly prefer going after Rahaad Penn, Zack Moss, or Joshua Kelley as a spell back and rolling with Zeus myself. I think they all have some upside but health is an issue and they're not suited to be bellcow backs. 

Ekeller is old and has no potential upside left. He's basically Abdullah, and we already have that for cheaper. 

Edited by ronjon1990