2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

On 1/31/2024 at 1:07 PM, ronjon1990 said:

I'd honestly prefer going after Rahaad Penn, Zack Moss, or Joshua Kelley as a spell back and rolling with Zeus myself. I think they all have some upside but health is an issue and they're not suited to be bellcow backs. 

Ekeller is old and has no potential upside left. He's basically Abdullah, and we already have that for cheaper. 

What about kicking the tires on JK Dobbins?  He is super injury prone but is young and should be cheap on a 1 year 2M prove it deal.  If he is injured again 2M won't break the bank but if he can put a full season together he would provide tremendous value. 

I could see moving on from Jacobs and rolling with White, Dobbins then drafting a back like B. Allen in the 4th

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What about kicking the tires on JK Dobbins?  He is super injury prone but is young and should be cheap on a 1 year 2M prove it deal.  If he is injured again 2M won't break the bank but if he can put a full season together he would provide tremendous value. 

I could see moving on from Jacobs and rolling with White, Dobbins then drafting a back like B. Allen in the 4th

I can't knock him while listing Penny and Moss, for sure. 

I honestly just never got very high on Dobbins though. 

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I can't knock him while listing Penny and Moss, for sure. 

I honestly just never got very high on Dobbins though. 

When he's been on the field he has looked legit, the issue has been staying on the field. 

I also have been an advocate for moving on from Adams this offseason but have been looking at potential value free agents at the WR position and there isn't much to choose from.  I would not bel pleased if we were to sign Higgens or Pittman for around 20M as I don't see the value there for either. 

Some depth guys I could kick the tires on for a 1 year 5M or under prove it deal would be Chark or Shaheed.  Not much value out there at the WR position which if we move on from Adams we could potentially use the late #1 we get for him on a young WR like Troy Franklin from Oregon who projects as a stud in the NFL. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

If we are to pay anyone this offseason in the 20M range the only two players I would consider paying are Josh Allen and Brian Burns. Around 15M I would consider J. Johnson CB from the Bears but it's highly unlikely that any of the three actually hit the FA market considering their teams can use the franchise tag to keep them around. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we are to pay anyone this offseason in the 20M range the only two players I would consider paying are Josh Allen and Brian Burns. Around 15M I would consider J. Johnson CB from the Bears but it's highly unlikely that any of the three actually hit the FA market considering their teams can use the franchise tag to keep them around. 

I agree with this, but maybe would add 

Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Hollywood Brown, Calvin Ridley if we trade Tae- I think all are WR1 and younger then Tae

I think you overlooked DTs - Chris Jones would be amazing and would weaken the Chiefs, Justin Madubuike had monster season for Ravens, Chris Wilkins in his prime and one of the best in the league. I think Leonard Williams still worth 20m too, maybe on a 2-3 year deal. Danielle Hunter prolly worth 15-20m too 

I hope we stay away from Kirk Cousins. Seems like fools gold. He looked good with the best wideout in the league, a perfect system. I think he will regress out of that system, will cost a lot, old, coming off a major injury 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

What’s the low down on ya boy rattler. I’m interested does he have arm strength?

He has the arm talent in the mobility(what is a five-star recruit coming out of high school). The negatives are that he got benched at Oklahoma(you're supposed to be the Place where quarterbacks that get benched go and become superstars) because he turned the ball over too much over there his sophomore year. Then he goes to South Carolina where he doesn't exactly light up the scoreboard. Turned the ball over less this year but the scoring didn't go up much. And then went to the senior bowl he was the best quarterback there with equitable talent around him and against him

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

He has the arm talent in the mobility(what is a five-star recruit coming out of high school). The negatives are that he got benched at Oklahoma(you're supposed to be the Place where quarterbacks that get benched go and become superstars) because he turned the ball over too much over there his sophomore year. Then he goes to South Carolina where he doesn't exactly light up the scoreboard. Turned the ball over less this year but the scoring didn't go up much. And then went to the senior bowl he was the best quarterback there with equitable talent around him and against him

What happened from 22 to 23 I remember him lighting up Tenn last year

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What happened from 22 to 23 I remember him lighting up Tenn last year

well last year even though he had that really good game his touchdown to interception ratio wasn't very good(18-12) here he improved it(19-8) but I also heard they were injuries throughout the offensive line and the receivers. Which is why the senior bowl was crucial to see whether or not he could play well when the talent level was equal both for and against him. 

What’s your free agent predictions and moves going into the draft ?

Justin Fields ~ I think we trade a 3rd and a conditional 2025 pick 2~4 based on 2024 performance. I think that’s a fair trade for both sides. Fields finished the 2023 year strong. He knows the system 

Cuts: Jimmy, Hoyer, Tillery , Renfrow 

Starters Brought Back: Jacobs ( 10m 2y) , Jenkins (dirt cheap), Van Wroten (dirt cheap) , Adam Butler cheap, JE cheap

Free Agency: 

Jaylon Johnson - (18m) - I think the Fresno kid comes to his hometown team. Ricky Manning will lead the recruitment 

Leonard Williams - (15m) - I think Seattle is going bring in that Ravens DT. We finally get big Kat. Smart to invest on DL

Sebestian Joseph Day - NT (3m) - former Charger fills a need. He will be cheap. Mike Tyson would be at the games. 

Jonah Jackson (G) - (5m) - part of the great Detriot Oline. Wouldn’t break the bank 

Wild Card

Kenneth Murray - former first round pick from the Chargers. I think we sign him for cheap to see if he can thrive  in a new system.  Min type deal 

Laviska Shenault-  He’s been a bust as a WR but we sign him for cheap to convert at RB. I think he can thrive as a pass catching back. Could also be the punt returner. Min type deal