2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

What’s your free agent predictions and moves going into the draft ?

Justin Fields ~ I think we trade a 3rd and a conditional 2025 pick 2~4 based on 2024 performance. I think that’s a fair trade for both sides. Fields finished the 2023 year strong. He knows the system 

Cuts: Jimmy, Hoyer, Tillery , Renfrow 

Starters Brought Back: Jacobs ( 10m 2y) , Jenkins (dirt cheap), Van Wroten (dirt cheap) , Adam Butler cheap, JE cheap

Free Agency: 

Jaylon Johnson - (18m) - I think the Fresno kid comes to his hometown team. Ricky Manning will lead the recruitment 

Leonard Williams - (15m) - I think Seattle is going bring in that Ravens DT. We finally get big Kat. Smart to invest on DL

Sebestian Joseph Day - NT (3m) - former Charger fills a need. He will be cheap. Mike Tyson would be at the games. 

Jonah Jackson (G) - (5m) - part of the great Detriot Oline. Wouldn’t break the bank 

Wild Card

Kenneth Murray - former first round pick from the Chargers. I think we sign him for cheap to see if he can thrive  in a new system.  Min type deal 

Laviska Shenault-  He’s been a bust as a WR but we sign him for cheap to convert at RB. I think he can thrive as a pass catching back. Could also be the punt returner. Min type deal 

I think Getsy to LV rules out Fields to LV. I like Fields a lot but don’t love his fit for Getsy’s offense. 

Love the Jaylon Johnson, Shenault, and Jonah Jackson signings but do not want Leonard Williams for that price at this stage of his career. 

• Like 1

https://x.com/KuhnTristen/status/1754596206335213781?s=20

The #Raiders and EDGE Janarius Robinson agreed to a 1 year, 985k (638k guaranteed) contract for 2024 Robinson will be an RFA in 2025. The 3rd year pass rusher posted 1.5 sacks, 2 TFL, 3 QB hits and 9 pressures in 78 snaps last season.

Let’s go. He was impressive in limited time last season 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 12:42 PM, bucksavage1 said:

https://x.com/KuhnTristen/status/1754596206335213781?s=20

The #Raiders and EDGE Janarius Robinson agreed to a 1 year, 985k (638k guaranteed) contract for 2024 Robinson will be an RFA in 2025. The 3rd year pass rusher posted 1.5 sacks, 2 TFL, 3 QB hits and 9 pressures in 78 snaps last season.

Let’s go. He was impressive in limited time last season 

He got arrested for DUI today. I don't think he should get cut. Screwed up once, another strike he is an easy cut. Can't be screwing up like that. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

He got arrested for DUI today. I don't think he should get cut. Screwed up once, another strike he is an easy cut. Can't be screwing up like that. 

He’s probably gonna get cut. AP don’t play that DUI ish

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

The same AP who cut Roderick Teamer after his DUI this past season 

The same AP who brought Marvin Lewis into the mix in a formal role? 

Robinson will be a week 1 starter at this rate lol. 

No, seriously, that was one of my concerns about Lewis, so I'm interested in how this plays out. His Cinci teams consistently had off-field issues. Hopefully AP doesn't seek his advisement in that regard. 

• Like 1

Offseason outside FA Wishlist 

•DE - Either Josh Allen or Danielle Hunter 

•DT - Chris Jones or Christian Wilkins 

•CB - Jaylon Johnson or Kendall Fuller 

•LB - Patrick Queen or Frankie Luvu 

If we can free up enough cap space, this is how I would attack free agency. Build a dominant defense, as either AOC or a rookie will likely be leading the offense. Crosby, Allen, Koonce and Wilson for the DE rotation. Wilson kicks inside on 3rd & long snaps. I’d look to resign Jenkins and Adam Butler for depth. Pairing a penetrating DT with Crosby and another force off the edge would be next level. CB would be a solid trio of with one of the two mixed with Jones and Hobbs. Linebacker trio would be best in years with Queen/Luvu, Spillane and Diablo. 

Shore up the offensive line in the draft! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

If we can free up enough cap space, this is how I would attack free agency. Build a dominant defense, as either AOC or a rookie will likely be leading the offense. Crosby, Allen, Koonce and Wilson for the DE rotation. Wilson kicks inside on 3rd & long snaps. I’d look to resign Jenkins and Adam Butler for depth. Pairing a penetrating DT with Crosby and another force off the edge would be next level. CB would be a solid trio of with one of the two mixed with Jones and Hobbs. Linebacker trio would be best in years with Queen/Luvu, Spillane and Diablo. 

Hopefully the Bears don’t franchise Johnson. I think we have a great chance to get him. Or I would like to steal Snead/ Chris Jones from KC

5 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

I think it’s optimistic but that would be awesome.
Jaylon Johnson should have been here instead of Arnette anyway! Luvu is a great under the radar pickup, really liked him when he was at the Jets but he was underused and he’s taken a step up at the Panthers. Honestly, can’t see us getting the big ticket DT but maybe we draft an impact player here. Luvu is a pretty good pass rusher too so with Wilson already a high pick and Crosby here I can’t see us really going DE. If we get Luvu, Johnson and draft a high pick at DT I’d be pretty happy!

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Hopefully the Bears don’t franchise Johnson. I think we have a great chance to get him. Or I would like to steal Snead/ Chris Jones from KC

Bears GM has basically said he ain’t going anywhere either.. Fuller had a 83 pff grade, have to watch some more of him but I think he’s a safer get to me.. 2 80+ grades seasons, 1 90+ in his career.. For some reason I always feel like Snead is very grabby and that in a Raiders jersey likely gets him 1-2 PI calls a game minimum.. Fuller on a 3-4 year at 12-15 per probably get it done. We just need minimum 2 above average to elite players injected into the D to make it top 10 imo and if we can land Chris Jones, Fuller and another edge like Allen or Hunter, I’d be content with a draft pick or mid tier FA to compete with Masterson and Burney for 3rd LB spot. Even Queen, Fuller and Chris Jones (hopeful 2nd year leap from Tyree in this case) would still leave 12-15 mil cap space after anticipated cuts of Garrapolo, Renfrow and Tillery. Enough for Jacobs possible return, back end FA depth and draft class as most of those won’t eat into top 51 cap space.

Edited by JarrodR86

On 2/7/2024 at 9:11 AM, ronjon1990 said:

The same AP who brought Marvin Lewis into the mix in a formal role? 

Robinson will be a week 1 starter at this rate lol. 

No, seriously, that was one of my concerns about Lewis, so I'm interested in how this plays out. His Cinci teams consistently had off-field issues. Hopefully AP doesn't seek his advisement in that regard. 

You could always count on them to take the talented players with off-field issues. Those teams were like minimum-security prisons. Sometimes it worked out for them, most times it didn't. I personally never understood it outside of a "lightning in a bottle" philosophy. In Vegas, we don't have that luxury (ala Ruggs, which is the reason we couldn't take Carter).

I would throw the bank at Chris Jones, but I get the feeling numerous other teams will be thinking the same thing. We have Nevada's tax situation in our favor, at the very least.

A DL of Koonce - Wilson - Jones - Crosby has serious potential.