2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

On 2/6/2024 at 10:15 PM, Humble_Beast said:

the same AP who tried to cover up for Plaxico Burress when he shot himself. Taking the gun and almost doing time.

AP is going to bring back the old school Raiders culture hiding guns for teammates, wonder if we try to bring back Ruggs on a work release type situation

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AP is going to bring back the old school Raiders culture hiding guns for teammates, wonder if we try to bring back Ruggs on a work release type situation

Guarantee you that Hondo would cite his sources as indicating that they're all great moves with nothing bit upside and nothing short of the most savvy moves ever because he will have been told 27 other teams were in the mix for the exact same moves. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Guarantee you that Hondo would cite his sources as indicating that they're all great moves with nothing bit upside and nothing short of the most savvy moves ever because he will have been told 27 other teams were in the mix for the exact same moves. 

Hondo, Agarcia, and Buck would say Mark Davis at QB is a good move for us

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Quick Free agent wish list.

Kick Cousins QB

Leonard Williams DT

Chidobe Awuzie CB

Robert Hunt RG

Josh Jacobs RB

Darnell Mooney

Kevin Dotson is a guard I like, played well at RG for the Rams. 

Snead is my favourite CB and Wilkins DT pipe dream getting all of them though. 

I think we need to get a G, CB QB & NT in FA. 

Grover Stewart NT would be worth a look. 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

Kevin Dotson is a guard I like, played well at RG for the Rams. 

Snead is my favourite CB and Wilkins DT pipe dream getting all of them though. 

I think we need to get a G, CB QB & NT in FA. 

Grover Stewart NT would be worth a look. 

I'm not sure Dotson fits the system we are running, I like Snead and Wilkins as well, but I was trying not to break the bank. I almost went NT over Williams too in that case I like DJ Reader.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I'm not sure Dotson fits the system we are running, I like Snead and Wilkins as well, but I was trying not to break the bank. I almost went NT over Williams too in that case I like DJ Reader.

I like Reader as well.

I’d be lying if I understood what run scheme we ran or whether it changed when JMD left. What scheme do we run and what type of OL do you think we should target ?

I understand the Rams ran a gap scheme last year and Dotson flourished, 

https://www.the33rdteam.com/sean-mcvay-rams-offensive-evolution-makes-them-dangerous-playoff-team/

Edited by Dessie

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

I like Reader as well.

I’d be lying if I understood what run scheme we ran or whether it changed when JMD left. What scheme do we run and what type of OL do you think we should target ?

I understand the Rams ran a gap scheme last year and Dotson flourished, 

https://www.the33rdteam.com/sean-mcvay-rams-offensive-evolution-makes-them-dangerous-playoff-team/

Getsy uses a wide zone scheme I believe, which Is why I chose Robert Hunt, the Seahawks us the same scheme and he's been very good in it the last 3 years at RG. McVay also went away from the wide zone to the gap scheme that Dotson flourished in hence why I'm not sure he would be the right fit.

Edited by raidr4life

11 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Getsy uses a wide zone scheme I believe, which Is why I chose Robert Hunt, the Seahawks us the same scheme and he's been very good in it the last 3 years at RG. McVay also went away from the wide zone to the gap scheme that Dotson flourished in hence why I'm not sure he would be the right fit.

You mean the Dolphins for Hunt right ? Thanks for the info on Getsy’s scheme, makes sense then that Dotson might not be a scheme fit for us. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and odds are probably slim since it would be intra-division.. but with Telesco and JoJo here, would anybody be surprised if they tried to pry Herbert from LA? Given that they are both responsible for scouting, drafting and extending him, and Harbaugh in position to rebuild how he sees fit + they are currently around 44 mil over the cap and he could draft JJ if he really wants him and believes in him.. would anybody scoff at 13, 44, 77 and a 2025 1st. I don’t think he’s elite, but I think he’s good enough to battle with, especially with our offensive talent. Would Jim do it? And would you guys like the move or rather trade up/trade down and go the rookie route?

4 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and odds are probably slim since it would be intra-division.. but with Telesco and JoJo here, would anybody be surprised if they tried to pry Herbert from LA? Given that they are both responsible for scouting, drafting and extending him, and Harbaugh in position to rebuild how he sees fit + they are currently around 44 mil over the cap and he could draft JJ if he really wants him and believes in him.. would anybody scoff at 13, 44, 77 and a 2025 1st. I don’t think he’s elite, but I think he’s good enough to battle with, especially with our offensive talent. Would Jim do it? And would you guys like the move or rather trade up/trade down and go the rookie route?

This is an interesting thought.

If we’re thinking of giving up multiple firsts for a limited, untested rookie (they all have red flags and potential issues in my book, no safe prospect there), then I’ve said it might be better to explore the possibility of a proven QB like Herbert. All these rookie QBs to me have a high bust chance.

With regards to Herbert, I think he’s tremendously talented, Mahones is clearly the best QB in the league but Herbert, for me, is in that very close second tier of QBs with guys like Jackson, Allen, Burrow, Rodgers depending on health, maybe Stroud next year. All of those are very very good players and franchise guys for a decade.

It would be a very bold move from Harbaugh to move on from a Pro Bowl level QB for a rookie but he’s got a pretty big ego so I could see the possibility albeit very unlikely.

If we could get Herbert for what you’ve proposed above or even a similar amount to that which we’d have to give up to draft a rookie like Daniels, to me that would be an absolute no brainer. I’d do that without hesitation.

Edited by Darbsk

13 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

No way Herbert goes for less than 3 1sts. He is very good and young. I don't think the Chargers would ever consider trading him.