Create A Roster Of Your Failures

BetterCallSaul

8 hours ago, Duluther said:

Keith Rivers, a late 00's 1st round USC LB; most noteable for having his jaw broken by a Hines Ward crack-back block.

Playboy is a throwback to when a FootballsFuture user, who was obsessed with Keith Rivers, called other users "playboy."

that’s totally… just… bananas.

• Like 3

Bengals drafted Rivers and his teammate, Rey Maualuga, in the same draft. Rivers looked good early in his rookie year. Then Ward broke his jaw and he was never the same after that, though he played for several years more. 

On 1/5/2024 at 12:17 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

Tyler Eifert

On 1/5/2024 at 1:50 PM, Soko said:

Tyler Eifert

Woah now. I definitely wouldn't group Eifert in with those other names. He was awesome when healthy. One of those, "what could have been" careers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Woah now. I definitely wouldn't group Eifert in with those other names. He was awesome when healthy. One of those, "what could have been" careers.

I think he would have been really good without injuries. I thought he was going to be like...a HOF-level TE. Even when healthy, he didn't look like that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think he would have been really good without injuries. I thought he was going to be like...a HOF-level TE. Even when healthy, he didn't look like that.

He looked elite though before injuries derailed his career so I think he suffered a bit from being young and sharing targets in a pretty loaded pass offense. Plus Dalton wasn’t the best QB and the team was run by a defensive minded coach in Marvin Lewis. Eifert wasn’t an outright bust like many others here in the thread but he didn’t live up to the potential he had either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

He looked elite though before injuries derailed his career so I think he suffered a bit from being young and sharing targets in a pretty loaded pass offense. Plus Dalton wasn’t the best QB and the team was run by a defensive minded coach in Marvin Lewis. Eifert wasn’t an outright bust like many others here in the thread but he didn’t live up to the potential he had either.

I was banging the drum for the Browns to draft him at #6 overall. I guess my expectations for him were far too high. Yeah he wasn't bad...I just think my overinflation of him in my head makes it a "failure."

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I was banging the drum for the Browns to draft him at #6 overall. I guess my expectations for him were far too high. Yeah he wasn't bad...I just think my overinflation of him in my head makes it a "failure."

I mean I too thought he was a top 10 prospect but alas. Injuries.

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Underwhelmed + injury bust = whiff. 

Raiders

Offense

QB - JaMarcus Russell

RB - Darren McFadden

WR - Henry Ruggs 

WR - Darius Heyward-Bey

TE - Teyo Johnson

LT - Robert Gallery

LG - Mo Collins

C - Jake Grove

RG - Alex Leatherwood

RT - Menelik Watson

Defense

DE - Clelin Ferrell 

DT - Jihad Ward

DT - PJ Hall

DE - Tyler Brayton

LB - Rolando McClain

LB - Miles Burris

CB - Gareon Conley

CB - DJ Hayden 

CB - Fabian Washington

SS - Jonathan Abram

FS - Mike Mitchell

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

He didn’t underwhelm though. 

Is one solid (but not special) season in an eight year career enough to not be underwhelming?

To each their own, I guess.

• Like 1