GDT: Season Finale vs Failcons

Raves

So this is the season finale, figured we'd start a thread for once this season.  This game could be meaningless if the Bucs beat the Panthers, but if the Bucs lose the winner of this game is in the playoffs.

So Taylor went for the pick and missed allowing Robinson the ability to run for a TD... granted he might've made it even if Taylor instead chose to chase Robinson down from behind but at least that way he wouldn't have had as easy of a time to run without anyone near him.

The Saints did their part - finally - to make the playoffs, and fortunately missed. I only say fortunately because I don't feel they deserved to go. That hurts to say.

Prior to yesterday's game, we were slated for the 13th pick. Now we're at 14th, so no real harm there. Had the Bucs lost, we'd be looking at picking somewhere between 18th to 24th, so at least we're still in the mix for the draft.

This season was frustrating, and the way we ended it, we all know they're just going to keep doing what they've been doing. 

That said, finishing the last 5 games of the season at 4-1 where Carr put up 1117 yards, 14 TDs and only 2 INTs show he's trending in the right direction. 

Anyway, as a Saints and Cubs fan, I'll leave it with "There's always Next Year".

• Like 2

Honestly...I don't really know what to think.

Pete has to go, Dennis Allen should go... but Carrs late season play makes me feel like a lot of his issues were potentially because of the bad play calling/system. I think we can be a wild card team next year/contend for the division with a competent OC. I'm just not sure I trust DA/Loomis to make the right decision there.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Honestly...I don't really know what to think.

Pete has to go, Dennis Allen should go... but Carrs late season play makes me feel like a lot of his issues were potentially because of the bad play calling/system. I think we can be a wild card team next year/contend for the division with a competent OC. I'm just not sure I trust DA/Loomis to make the right decision there.

My faith in Carr is non existent, but truth is there are only a handful of good QBs in the league and it's hard to get rid of a middling guy like Carr, especially when he's shown flashes in the past.

Well, that was a disappointing year. I still think Allen is a total bum, but finishing with a winning record will get him one more year. Saints definitely need a new OC next year though. Maybe a new line coach as well. 

Pretty sure we've seen the last of Michael Thomas in a Saints uniform. It'll be interesting to see if he can stay healthy for another team.

Cam looked like he finally lost a step this year. I'm not sure how much more he has left in the tank. He may have reached that part of his career where he's more effective as a rotational piece.

I'm not sure what to do with Turner. Dude is always injured. 

Lattimore might be an interesting piece of trade bait in the off-season. 

I'm still not a huge fan of Carr, but it could be worse. Even with a different offensive philosophy, I think he is what he is. Good, but not great. 

Saints may want to kick the kickers in the offseason as well. Neither of those guys were particularly good. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Well, that was a disappointing year. I still think Allen is a total bum, but finishing with a winning record will get him one more year. Saints definitely need a new OC next year though. Maybe a new line coach as well. 

Pretty sure we've seen the last of Michael Thomas in a Saints uniform. It'll be interesting to see if he can stay healthy for another team.

Cam looked like he finally lost a step this year. I'm not sure how much more he has left in the tank. He may have reached that part of his career where he's more effective as a rotational piece.

I'm not sure what to do with Turner. Dude is always injured. 

Lattimore might be an interesting piece of trade bait in the off-season. 

I'm still not a huge fan of Carr, but it could be worse. Even with a different offensive philosophy, I think he is what he is. Good, but not great. 

Saints may want to kick the kickers in the offseason as well. Neither of those guys were particularly good. 

I'm guessing we're stuck with Carmichael. DA was singing his praises 2 weeks ago, so they're locked in together.

MT was still good, when he was healthy. I think he owes the Saints a year or 2 at a discounted rate considering he only played 1 season on his mega contract.

Cam, yeah, I'm not sure if he lost a step, or if the fire is going out, or what...

Lattimore is unable to stay healthy. I'd hate to see him go, but he's missed 17 games in the last 2 seasons. Outside of health, he's still a baller.

My take on Carr: he finished pretty strong, so there's that. I'd rather see a guy finish strong, than start strong and fizzle out. I still say we grab a QB (preferably Jayden Daniels) and let him sit a year or 2 and learn from Carr.

Our O-line... basically a heap of trash, or improperly coached, I can't figure out which. Something needs to be done.