2023 Playoff First Round: vs Dolphins

10 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’m so damn nervous that they’re going to start that terrible WR rotation again. 

I don't think they'll do anything different with Rice, at this point. His snap count started peaking actually before Moore went down. I do think every other spot in the rotation is up in the air though. But that kind of has more to do with everyone behind Rice not being good anyway

On 1/16/2024 at 9:58 PM, Chiefer said:

He’s great rn. Dude is totally redeeming himself in a contract year. Looks like he’s gained a little weight and it’s honestly paid dividends. He’s carrying defenders now, and taking full advantage of every opportunity. Fun to watch 

His vision is still awful.  Right up into the backs of his blockers, rather than patience to let the hole develop.

19 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

His vision is still awful.  Right up into the backs of his blockers, rather than patience to let the hole develop.

Think it just hurts a little less with him putting on some weight and becoming more straightline. Bad vision and trying to juke back and forth is terrible. Bad vision but just barreling ahead at least will get some positive yards, typically.

Can do worse for a #3 back. Though next year I'd be fine moving on from him and McKinnon. Find a new vet to take some pass catching duties. Roll with either a low pick or one of the PS squad guys to round out the depth chart.

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Think it just hurts a little less with him putting on some weight and becoming more straightline. Bad vision and trying to juke back and forth is terrible. Bad vision but just barreling ahead at least will get some positive yards, typically.

Can do worse for a #3 back. Though next year I'd be fine moving on from him and McKinnon. Find a new vet to take some pass catching duties. Roll with either a low pick or one of the PS squad guys to round out the depth chart.

It's also good if we go for some power running. The IOL is built for it and Pacheco has shown some skills. Having CEH to spell Pop is nice. 

5 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I still think he offers something.  He has more leg drive and makes the 1st man miss more than Pacheco.    He’s not the better back, but these last few games he has ran like we want him to: 

On 1/18/2024 at 7:24 PM, RedGold said:

I still think he offers something.  He has more leg drive and makes the 1st man miss more than Pacheco.    He’s not the better back, but these last few games he has ran like we want him to: 

I’m gonna say hard no on the superior leg drive. Elusiveness, certainly at times you see why he was someone we thought was worth a first round pick.

5 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I’m gonna say hard no on the superior leg drive. Elusiveness, certainly at times you see why he was someone we thought was worth a first round pick.

This is going to get a lot of hate,   but I wish Pacheco made the first man miss more.   

Clyde has been awesome the last 4 weeks at getting away from the 1st guy and pushing for extra yardage.    The beginning of the year,  yeah I didn't want him getting touches..  but end of year he was really driving the piles for extra yardage.   That's not me saying I think he deserves to start over Pacheco either. 

22 minutes ago, RedGold said:

This is going to get a lot of hate,   but I wish Pacheco made the first man miss more.   

Clyde has been awesome the last 4 weeks at getting away from the 1st guy and pushing for extra yardage.    The beginning of the year,  yeah I didn't want him getting touches..  but end of year he was really driving the piles for extra yardage.   That's not me saying I think he deserves to start over Pacheco either. 

Awesome is over the top. Useful and much improved perhaps.

On 1/22/2024 at 6:07 PM, RedGold said:

That's not me saying I think he deserves to start over Pacheco either.

That’s good, because Pop and our defense are quite literally carrying us through the playoffs.  CEH has been a nice surprise though I agree. I’m still not putting him ahead of Pacheco or McKinnon and what he brings in the red zone if he could go.