Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

48 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ben Standig

The Mike Macdonald-coached Ravens defense today vs. Texans:

* 3 points allowed 
* 0 allowed after 1Q
* 213 total yards allowed
* 10 first downs allowed

Pretty damn good! My 1st choice!

He has stymied both Slowik (twice) and Ben Johnson.  He comes from a great coaching tree, where Harbaugh is very clear on expectations and delegating and truly leading the team.  He’s honestly the guy I’ve talked myself into wanting in my top 3. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I know he’s a good coach but that defense is loaded. That shouldn’t take away from what he’s done however. 

They're not that loaded. They have 1 great DL. Two journeyman OLBs, an All-Pro MLB in Smith, a good LB in Queen, Kyle Hamilton is a young stud at SS & a vet FS who's good but not great. 

Humphrey is out with an injury. Darby is one of their starting CBs opposite a 3rd round guy.

Their talent level is not all that but they are coached well & don't give up big plays. 

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He has stymied both Slowik (twice) and Ben Johnson.  He comes from a great coaching tree, where Harbaugh is very clear on expectations and delegating and truly leading the team.  He’s honestly the guy I’ve talked myself into wanting in my top 3. 

All I know is if we hire him, we better get a great young offensive mind as an OC to develop our #2 pick & Howell into more consistent players. We're not going to be anything unless one of those two guys is eventually a top 10 QB.

Hopefully he brings over Tee Martin to be our OC.

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They're not that loaded. They have 1 great DL. Two journeyman OLBs, an All-Pro MLB in Smith, a good LB in Queen, Kyle Hamilton is a young stud at SS & a vet FS who's good but not great. 

Humphrey is out with an injury. Darby is one of their starting CBs opposite a 3rd round guy.

Their talent level is not all that but they are coached well & don't give up big plays. 

That defense features 4 All Pros. Two first team and two second. This doesn’t include Patrick Queen, Odafe Oweh, Markus Williams, Kyle Van Noy and Clowney who’ve all been pretty good. Same with Darby.  It’s not like they’re trotting David Mayo and Benjamin St Juste out there. 

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Rule 1 Adam Peters- keep your talent 

Yeah man where you can. You can even go back before that. They had to draft Preston Smith with the 37th pick bc they let Orakpo walk & then of course Smith wasn't even as good as Rak.

Cutting Moses, Flowers & Ioannidis (they all should've been restructured) wasn't smart by Rivera & in the end it was done so we could take a flyer on Carson Wentz while sending the Colts two 3rd round picks instead of signing a FA QB like Bridgewater while having Heinickie compete with him & then developing Howell behind them in 2022.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

That defense features 4 All Pros. Two first team and two second. This doesn’t include Patrick Queen, Odafe Oweh, Markus Williams, Kyle Van Noy and Clowney who’ve all been pretty good. Same with Darby.  It’s not like they’re trotting David Mayo and Benjamin St Juste out there. 

They have 4 players who will be All-Pro this year?

Queen is good not great, Markus Williams is good not great, Van Noy & Clowney are last their prime and have been journeymen the last 4 or 5 years.

It's about the coaching and the system. They plug & play players, Darby is a perfect example. He had to start for the injured Humphrey. He was coached up, knew his assignments & played well.

I’d like to pivot to something. 

Let’s assume we hire Ben Johnson. Who do you all want to possibly see be brought in for DC?

On the otherside, we hire Mike Macdonald. Who for OC?

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Let’s assume we hire Ben Johnson. Who do you all want to possibly see be brought in for DC?

Mike Macdonald and Garrett Riley

Ben Johnson and Jesse Minter

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Would Mike McDonald have the chops to be able to offer Todd Monken more authority/responsibility than the Ravens could?  Probably not, and the Ravens would block anything because they can also offer Associate Head Coach. 

It wasn’t long ago that Monken received head coaching interviews.  He may not have interest anymore since he’s almost 60.  But he would cement a legacy as a great offensive mind if he went to Washington and built from the ground up here with a new QB.  

He would probably bring Tee Martin with him.  But Monken is a name to dream on.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They have 4 players who will be All-Pro this year?

Queen is good not great, Markus Williams is good not great, Van Noy & Clowney are last their prime and have been journeymen the last 4 or 5 years.

It's about the coaching and the system. They plug & play players, Darby is a perfect example. He had to start for the injured Humphrey. He was coached up, knew his assignments & played well.

Yes. Two first team and two second team on defense. I mean, come on. The talent they have on defense is strong. This is silly. 

I know coaches who get hired bring in a fellow coach to come in and assume a position on his new team. 
I know they want to feel comfortable with that person but is it really the correct decision when there might be someone better and more qualified to take that job. 
Where do you draw that line? 

After today all Commanders virtual interviews will be done: 

Anthony Weaver:
Raheem Morris:
Dan Quinn:
Aaron Glen:
Mike Macdonald:
Ben Johnson:
Bobby Slowik: Interview today

After today they can narrow their list to their HC finalists and begin 2nd interviews.