Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

Hiring Dan Quinn would be a huge kick in the balls. So much to be excited about with the peters hire, pick 2, and 5 picks in top 102, and he would absolutely ruin it for me. His defense preforms well against bad teams, but when it comes to playing good offenses, gets absolutely shredded. I want 0 do to with Dan Quinn. In order I think Ben Johnson, Bobby Slowik, then Mike McDonald are my favorites. Yes I want an offensive guy, but if they go defense it better be McDonald and not Quinn. 

Edited by Scott Land
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Hiring Dan Quinn would be a huge kick in the balls. So much to be excited about with the peters hire, pick 2, and 5 picks in top 102, and he would absolutely ruin it for me. His defense preforms well against bad teams, but when it comes to playing good offenses, gets absolutely shredded. I want 0 do to with Dan Quinn. In order I think Ben Johnson, Bobby Slowik, then Mike McDonald are my favorites. Yes I want an offensive guy, but if they go defense it better be McDonald and not Quinn. 

See I think Slowik needs another year I felt that last year with Johnson. It’s between Johnson and Macdonald too me. Quinn is a really good leader. He’s excellent at maximizing DB’s!!! But I just feel like this team needs someone that innovates each players stregths. Those two have shown the ability to do that as coordinators. What I love about Macdonald is he runs a really awesome concept for DB’s. A guy like Forbes could legit feast and be maximized along with Curl and Forrest and maybe even Butler. I actually like our Safties skillsets. And how he used his guys in Bmore is what these guys were born to do. We just never had modern concepts on defense and it’s why teams just chunked us to death. Especially once Forrest went out

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

He's probably only ahead of Glenn on the list of likely candidates left that I would take him over. I know a bunch of people keep saying he's like Raheem Morris and deserves another opportunity, but I sure as hell don't want it to be here. Outside of Johnson though, we hear his name more than anyone. Bookies have been at second "best" odds (with Ben the overwhelming favorite). 

Only caveat I will give him is that Arthur Blank and Rich McKay are “better” imitations of Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen.  Blank is a meddler, and McKay seems to gain and lose power on a somewhat consistent basis.  Quinn really wasn’t put into a great position to win with all that went on behind the scenes there.  

That being said, he would need to blow the interviews out of the water with the rest of them struggling.  And I can’t imagine him doing better than either McDonald or Glenn from what I’ve heard of those guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You have the Seahawks interviewing Ben Johnson and we’re interviewing Mike Macdonald both tonight. Will there be interviews tomorrow or not?

Supposed to be, but who knows at this point.  

Clearly, with both teams waiting, their ideal candidates were the ones coaching this weekend, which gives me a lot of pause about speculating that it is Quinn. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Supposed to be, but who knows at this point.  

Clearly, with both teams waiting, their ideal candidates were the ones coaching this weekend, which gives me a lot of pause about speculating that it is Quinn. 

I agree. Each candidate could leave with a deal. Like you said who knows. 

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Keim still saying the consensus is we're the leader in the clubhouse for BJ, but then he did a what if? we're not segment lol.

None of them know for sure.  Both Seattle and now us are teams keeping this close to the vest.  

If they’re still traveling to interview Glenn and Johnson today, we know they’re included in the target.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

None of them know for sure.  Both Seattle and now us are teams keeping this close to the vest.  

If they’re still traveling to interview Glenn and Johnson today, we know they’re included in the target.  

I think they are coming here now that they got eliminated.

My conspiracy is that they know/have known they are hiring Ben Johnson but hadn't fulfilled the Rooney Rule yet, and if it was a for sure thing before they hadn't fulfilled it, would be punished and probably lose draft picks. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

My conspiracy is that they know/have known they are hiring Ben Johnson but hadn't fulfilled the Rooney Rule yet, and if it was a for sure thing before they hadn't fulfilled it, would be punished and probably lose draft picks. 

Eh, I'm not sure. Does virtual count as meeting the requirement? If so, we had Raheem Morris and Anthony Weaver, no? 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What a pleasant freaking surprise man. I got so sick of hearing about things before they happened. Now, even the media, are sitting there scratching their heads. 

This is what successful teams do and it's nice to hear we are doing some things correctly for a change. 

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Eh, I'm not sure. Does virtual count as meeting the requirement? If so, we had Raheem Morris and Anthony Weaver, no? 

No virtual doesn't, they have to be in person interviews that aren't in house interviews (EB).

• Like 1