2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

The Mailata contract is a no brainier.  He's going to make about 16 mil per yr over the next 2 years and 22 the next 3.  They're paying a franchise LT less than 20 mil per over the next 5 seasons.  For context, Dickerson is getting 21 mil per.  The Eagles absolutely got a hometown discount.

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'm ok with Maddox signing since we got multiple options to replace him if he's injured yet again. He gets hurt again he's gonna be playing on vet minimum or out the league soon after. 

Right now all we have is Tyler Hall who has been coming off the practice squad his entire career, and CGJ who can fill in at a pinch but then that leaves a hole at safety. Bringing Maddox back is fine but they need to draft a CB who can play slot and compete with Hall. I imagine Hall being a practice squad player for us. They still need to bring in another safety as well because we have nobody behind our two starters who often miss time, especially with Brown missing significant time going into this season.

21 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Right now all we have is Tyler Hall who has been coming off the practice squad his entire career, and CGJ who can fill in at a pinch but then that leaves a hole at safety. Bringing Maddox back is fine but they need to draft a CB who can play slot and compete with Hall. I imagine Hall being a practice squad player for us. They still need to bring in another safety as well because we have nobody behind our two starters who often miss time, especially with Brown missing significant time going into this season.

The Eagles have shown a lot of interest in Andru Phillips.  He may be the Eagles target as he has some inside and outside versatility with the idea he'd start his career in the slot with the ability to move outside.  I'm not sure where his draft range is currently.  Was probably a late day 2-early day 3 guy before the senior bowl, but his stock has likely gone up.  Maybe a trade down from 53 candidate? Trade up from 120?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

@downundermike come get your boy

I just don't see it with this guy.  Also reading between the lines of the guys the Eagles have shown interest in at WR the Eagles look like they're targeting WR late day 2-early day 3.  Corley is likely long gone by then.

57 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

The Eagles have shown a lot of interest in Andru Phillips.  He may be the Eagles target as he has some inside and outside versatility with the idea he'd start his career in the slot with the ability to move outside.  I'm not sure where his draft range is currently.  Was probably a late day 2-early day 3 guy before the senior bowl, but his stock has likely gone up.  Maybe a trade down from 53 candidate? Trade up from 120?

Outside of Sainristil I think he might be my #1 want for slot CB.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Outside of Sainristil I think he might be my #1 want for slot CB.

All I know is that I don't want Wiggins.  I'm hoping DeJean falls to us and Howie is smart enough to pounce.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Danger said:

If we are taking a corner back day 1 or 2, he needs to be able to play outside. I'm cool with Sainrisitl or Andru at pick 120

I feel like Andru is someone that could play outside in time.  Sainrisitl I feel like is a slot only.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

I feel like Andru is someone that could play outside in time.  Sainrisitl I feel like is a slot only.  

This is exactly what I think the Eagles are looking for. Someone that can play backup slot behind Maddox for this year, and then next year move to the outside to likely pair with Ringo as the starters. Then next offseason through FA or draft they find a permanent slot CB.

19 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

This is exactly what I think the Eagles are looking for. Someone that can play backup slot behind Maddox for this year, and then next year move to the outside to likely pair with Ringo as the starters. Then next offseason through FA or draft they find a permanent slot CB.

Is there a reason Isiah Rodgers can't that person? 

17 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I wouldn't pencil Maddox in as the starter given how little of a commitment they're making to him.  Hall I don't think is a throwaway either.  He's played well when he's played.  And if they were to take Andru he could win the job outright.

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Devils advocate, we don't know what Rodgers is after a year out of football.  It's unlikely that all of their swings will pan out, but Rodgers getting back to pre-suspension from would solve a lot of problems.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Rodgers could be that person, I actually forgot about him.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

I wouldn't pencil Maddox in as the starter given how little of a commitment they're making to him.  Hall I don't think is a throwaway either.  He's played well when he's played.  And if they were to take Andru he could win the job outright.

Well given what we know it really doesnt matter who they draft, this team does not like starting rookies, so I dont think a rookie will beat out Maddox. I dont think Hall beats out Maddox in training camp either as long as Maddox makes it to game 1. Maddox didnt have much of a market and Eagles were able to bring him back for cheap. Eagles clearly like Maddox but also know they cant depend on him. So between Maddox, Hall, and a rookie, I would say Maddox is the starter.......but all this could change of course. Especially if they sign another safety because then I could see Maddox and CGJ essentially splitting that role.

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Devils advocate, we don't know what Rodgers is after a year out of football.  It's unlikely that all of their swings will pan out, but Rodgers getting back to pre-suspension from would solve a lot of problems.

Rodgers is for sure the wild card in that secondary. Them giving him a shot makes it more likely that if they do draft a CB its one that can play slot year 1.