2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Disagree. New DC and a few new players is what they need. Which could be argued is a hard reset anyways. The offense is ready to win now with the talent. You don't put a ground zero defense out there.

Josh Sweat has had 1 good season, and was basically invisible for the 2nd half of last year. 

A combo of Huff and Van Ginkle would probably look better than Sweat and Reddick last year.
We ain't getting Burns or Allen.
Hunter and Huff is the best combo we can hope for, and I'm guessing Huff will be more expensive than most of you are assuming. 
Not against a small trade up for Jared Verse.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If you are swapping g one out for 25 year old pass rusher that makes sense……but both? 

Oh I am definitely not in favor of swapping both out. I think there's definitely something to be said for too much change and having some continuity within a unit.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Josh Sweat has had 1 good season, and was basically invisible for the 2nd half of last year. 

He's had 4 straight good to great seasons. He's a good player and is what like 26? The 2nd half of last season was just such absolute chaos and an outlier for basically everyone on the team. I throw it out when looking at players who have a significant sample size of good-greay play.

I'm in favor of swapping out both.
Sweat is not good. Just an average starting DE. 
Odd that most of you assume he's the 11 sack guy versus the 6-7 sack guy, when he only has 1 year of being the 11 sack guy and 3 years of being the 6 or 7 sacks guy. It seemed like every OL we played against was missing 2 starters, and we still didn't have squat for a pass rush.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

He's had 4 straight good to great seasons. He's a good player and is what like 26? The 2nd half of last season was just such absolute chaos and an outlier for basically everyone on the team. I throw it out when looking at players who have a significant sample size of good-greay play.

lol gtfo, no he hasn't. That's absolutely absurd to say.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

lol gtfo, no he hasn't. That's absolutely absurd to say.

I think hell froze over 🤣 me n Jeezla actually agreed on something 

I think Huff is gonna be in that 18-22 apy range. His win rate n pressure rate is only second to parsons. 

Huff is an instant upgrade over sweat. 

Nolan can take over for Reddick but you have to let him play. Too many times we pick players but don't let them develop, they need gametime to do that. 

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

A combo of Huff and Van Ginkle would probably look better than Sweat and Reddick last year.
We ain't getting Burns or Allen.
Hunter and Huff is the best combo we can hope for, and I'm guessing Huff will be more expensive than most of you are assuming.

I don’t think us not getting burns or Allen is a sure thing

25 year old pass rusher coming into their prime. They proved with AJ if they value a position they’ll trade major draft compensation for them

doesn’t mean they will do it but I wouldn’t put it past them

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Thing with sweat is the league will tell us how he’s viewed. He’s under contract at a reasonable number. If he’s traded for a 3rd you’re right. If he’s traded for a 2nd or higher you’re wrong. I think this is a scenario where the league can kind of dictate what the eagles do here

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I don’t think us not getting burns or Allen is a sure thing

25 year old pass rusher coming into their prime. They proved with AJ if they value a position they’ll trade major draft compensation for them

doesn’t mean they will do it but I wouldn’t put it past them

We'd have to (most likely) trade a 1st and 2nd, and pay them a contract that resets the market.
Just sign Danielle Hunter, let him cook for 3 years, then find his replacement when he falls off.
Sign Hunter, Van Ginkle, and draft Verse. DL has been hard reset.

Edited by Jeezla

24 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If you are swapping g one out for 25 year old pass rusher that makes sense……but both? 

Thing is if the eagles trade for burns or Allen then idc if they trade both. You just added a real blue chip guy who’s 25. At that point you can sign a ginkel, greenard, or if you’re really throwing cash huff

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

We'd have to (most likely) trade a 1st and 2nd, and pay them a contract that resets the market.
Just sign Danielle Hunter, let him cook for 3 years, then find his replacement when he falls off.

I think they’d be fine with both of those though

you likely get a 2nd for reddick, possibly sweat

#22 is further back than what they traded for AJ 

to me trading your potential 3rd 2nd rounder and #22 is worthwhile for one of those guys.

burns and Allen are best player on defense guys. They’re pair up with Jalen carter for the next 7 years guys. To me that’s worth the compensation. We’d likely still be left with 2 2nds which is unarguably howies most consistent round as a drafter 

4 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Thing is if the eagles trade for burns or Allen then idc if they trade both. You just added a real blue chip guy who’s 25. At that point you can sign a ginkel, greenard, or if you’re really throwing cash huff

Greenard is a tricky one. I don't trust him away from DeMeco.

Edited by Jeezla