Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So the problem is the team that made a promise not MHJr then.

In the NHL, MLB, NBA this happens all the time where players don’t workout.  They get invites then from some teams and they do those workouts that those teams want to see then.  I would venture to say we’re going to trend to less and less 1st round talents, especially high 1st, working out in a public setting.  All they do is expose themselves to negative media talk and injuries.

Brittle! If media and twitter gms bruise your ego then you are NOT the one I need on my team. Also, NBA players get fully guaranteed contracts but this isn't the NBA that we're talking about so....

1 minute ago, armsteeld said:

Brittle! If media and twitter gms bruise your ego then you are NOT the one I need on my team. Also, NBA players get fully guaranteed contracts but this isn't the NBA that we're talking about so....

Honestly, I feel like you’re trying really hard to tear him down right now.  There’s an answer at every turn as to why we shouldn’t be considering him WR1.  

He and the teams in position to draft him are obviously comfortable with what’s happening because they have communicated on it.  He just hasn’t been training to run around in underwear.  He’s shown more than enough on tape to earn this spot on tape.  He’s communicated with 9 teams so he knows his worse case scenario. And in that case I would never blame a guy for not subjecting himself to potential injury doing something that teams tell you isn’t necessary.  

It’s just like the bowl game decisions being made.  I used to think the players were being weak, were giving up, but I’ve come around to the fact of ‘who cares’.  Unless it’s for a championship all they do is expose themselves to injuries and losses on the scale of millions.  

So if a team promises a player they will take them, it’s high enough and they decide not to work out, and the team is comfortable with seeing what they need to see in a visit, then so be it.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Honestly, I feel like you’re trying really hard to tear him down right now.  There’s an answer at every turn as to why we shouldn’t be considering him WR1.  

He and the teams in position to draft him are obviously comfortable with what’s happening because they have communicated on it.  He just hasn’t been training to run around in underwear.  He’s shown more than enough on tape to earn this spot on tape.  He’s communicated with 9 teams so he knows his worse case scenario. And in that case I would never blame a guy for not subjecting himself to potential injury doing something that teams tell you isn’t necessary.  

It’s just like the bowl game decisions being made.  I used to think the players were being weak, were giving up, but I’ve come around to the fact of ‘who cares’.  Unless it’s for a championship all they do is expose themselves to injuries and losses on the scale of millions.  

So if a team promises a player they will take them, it’s high enough and they decide not to work out, and the team is comfortable with seeing what they need to see in a visit, then so be it.

What an asinine statement! If you disagree with my eval or how I see a player then that's cool. To say anything otherwise is childish. I'm only stating that we (most fans) watch football for its competitive nature. If I see an athlete not being competitive and is lax then I'm commenting on it regardless of who it is. I don't care if he is drafted number 1 overall; it's how the process after the season ended plus another player whom I value more than Harrison, that makes him seem egotistical. I've never heard of a player skipping media and then not working out leading up to the potential biggest job of his lifetime. He's already being portrayed as a super diva before he makes it to an NFL team. Will they allow him to skip media days? I know the vets on that team (wherever he goes) are drooling to set him straight. If this wasn't a player that you loved so much (I'm assuming and now about assumptions) how would you view that player?

3 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

What an asinine statement! If you disagree with my eval or how I see a player then that's cool. To say anything otherwise is childish. I'm only stating that we (most fans) watch football for its competitive nature. If I see an athlete not being competitive and is lax then I'm commenting on it regardless of who it is. I don't care if he is drafted number 1 overall; it's how the process after the season ended plus another player whom I value more than Harrison, that makes him seem egotistical. I've never heard of a player skipping media and then not working out leading up to the potential biggest job of his lifetime. He's already being portrayed as a super diva before he makes it to an NFL team. Will they allow him to skip media days? I know the vets on that team (wherever he goes) are drooling to set him straight. If this wasn't a player that you loved so much (I'm assuming and now about assumptions) how would you view that player?

You called him brittle because he’s not doing something teams told him they don’t need to see him do.  I disagree then him not working out is something work making a big deal of.

In fact I would say that his statement of he rather train for the season, be ready for his team to rely on him day one, rather than train to run 40 yards in a straight line, or do a preset grouping of routes to impress someone is being more competitive than anyone else.

Think about that.  His mindset is that he’s better off being ready to go day one than potentially setting himself back by getting hurt trying to train for something some of the teams, namely the ones in position to draft him, don’t care about.

50 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

He don't need to compete plus he doesn't need to talk.

FIFY

I don't care if you have him as WR1 or WR2. The dudes guaranteed to go in the top 10, 99% change of going in the top 5. He doesn't NEED to do anything. 

I have never seen one player in NFL history line up in a track stance and run dead spring 40 yards on Sundays. I am not sure why we care so much that he decided he didn't need to do that. 

I have no idea why he wouldn't want to expose himself to NFL interviews. They have a rock solid history in only being completely normal

This is just old man shouting at the clouds stuff about "back in my day". 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

You called him brittle because he’s not doing something teams told him they don’t need to see him do.  I disagree then him not working out is something work making a big deal of.

In fact I would say that his statement of he rather train for the season, be ready for his team to rely on him day one, rather than train to run 40 yards in a straight line, or do a preset grouping of routes to impress someone is being more competitive than anyone else.

Think about that.  His mindset is that he’s better off being ready to go day one than potentially setting himself back by getting hurt trying to train for something some of the teams, namely the ones in position to draft him, don’t care about.

That's what I mean by the arrogance of that player. ALL draft picks feel the same way and train for the upcoming season. He's not doing anything special! Is he practicing a team's playbook? More than likely not. Yeah....I'm done discussing that dude. Wish him the best but this entitlement crap is sickening.

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

FIFY

I don't care if you have him as WR1 or WR2. The dudes guaranteed to go in the top 10, 99% change of going in the top 5. He doesn't NEED to do anything. 

I have never seen one player in NFL history line up in a track stance and run dead spring 40 yards on Sundays. I am not sure why we care so much that he decided he didn't need to do that. 

I have no idea why he wouldn't want to expose himself to NFL interviews. They have a rock solid history in only being completely normal

This is just old man shouting at the clouds stuff about "back in my day". 

I'm done talking about it so...

Posted (edited)

I'd be happy drafting either guy. Arnold has inside/outside plus Safety experience. Kool Aid has mainly been an outside guy but I love his technique. Love to see Ike working them out.

*Edit* This is more than having them run drills. Ike, being a former player, is watching how quickly their body reacts, looking for stiffness, looking at explosiveness, and more importantly, are they under control.

Edited by armsteeld

7 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I'd be happy drafting either guy. Arnold has inside/outside plus Safety experience. Kool Aid has mainly been an outside guy but I love his technique. Love to see Ike working them out.

Prefer Kool Aid out of the two to Arnold. I feel like Arnold will be in for a SS/Hrlybrid Safety role like Branch did last year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

*Edit* This is more than having them run drills. Ike, being a former player, is watching how quickly their body reacts, looking for stiffness, looking at explosiveness, and more importantly, are they under control.

Click on settings and slow it down to 0.25x and you get to see how Arnold was explosive and didn't take any false steps. A false step is when Ike pulls the ball towards himself which tells Arnold to come forward. Watch Arnold's feet and he always pushing off with the back leg rather than taking another step before moving forward. Many CB's have that issue which leaves you vulnerable to plays that happen quickly in front of you or that require you to stop and redirect your movement. DBs should be doing thris drill from middle school onwards as it is always relevant in football.

Just now, warfelg said:

Prefer Kool Aid out of the two to Arnold. I feel like Arnold will be in for a SS/Hrlybrid Safety role like Branch did last year. 

Agreed. With Donte Jackson on the roster, Arnold provides the better value even though I think Kool Aid is the better player.

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Agreed. With Donte Jackson on the roster, Arnold provides the better value even though I think Kool Aid is the better player.

Eh I’m not making a decision like that based on Donte Jackson. 

10 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I'm done talking about it so...

giphy.gif

I in no way want to be rude because I respect your opinions and willingness to take on conversations....but, I mean, there is a decent amount of irony at play here and I have a very sarcastic sense of humor so....

Do you feel as if you....have done all you need to do in this matter?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

giphy.gif

I in no way want to be rude because I respect your opinions and willingness to take on conversations....but, I mean, there is a decent amount of irony at play here and I have a very sarcastic sense of humor so....

Do you feel as if you....have done all you need to do in this matter?

Blank Stare Staring GIF - BlankStare Staring Stare - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2