Lamar Jackson vs Steve Young

AntonChigurh

55 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

If you think Ozzie Newsome is letting some rookie HC tell him who to draft, you don't know Ravens!

I said "had a say". I didn't say he told Newsome who to draft. Just as I doubt Newsome refused any insight from the new head coach who has to coach the players that are drafted. 

Harbaugh was not hired to just be a figurehead, and give good speeches. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I said "had a say". I didn't say he told Newsome who to draft. Just as I doubt Newsome refused any insight from the new head coach who has to coach the players that are drafted. 

Harbaugh was not hired to just be a figurehead, and give good speeches. 

Harbaugh was certainly hired to spend most his time on defense and special teams, that's what he did 20 years prior to the Ravens and that's what he's done 15 years with the Ravens.

7 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Harbaugh was certainly hired to spend most his time on defense and special teams, that's what he did 20 years prior to the Ravens and that's what he's done 15 years with the Ravens.

And there's way more responsibilities to being a head coach, a good one, then just focusing on the areas of expertise you're experienced in football before you are hired. In John's case, that would include being involved heavily in who he, and the staff he hires is going to be coaching for the systems they're implementing. One of the reasons the Ravens have been a stable organization is due to everyone being on the same page. That includes Ozzie, who worked well with just about everyone over the years. He can be the maestro of the draft while relying heavily on the coaching staff, who will be coaching the players that are selected. As a former player himself he understands the importance of relationships between players, and coaches. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

I know they won a title but I remember thinking those 49ers teams underachieved in the 90’s overall.  The 1995 packers playoff loss at home was really bad 

Edited by CP3MVP