Free Agency 2024

11 hours ago, ObotimusPrime said:

I was interested in Burton as well but then I found out he has character concerns. The team has typically stayed away from guys like that, but I wonder we’ll deal with it now that we’re actually setting up a team with a strong culture

I'm hoping what you're referring to is a thing of the past.

Just pick the best players, unless they're like Watson.

7 hours ago, Kirby Drive said:

I'm hoping what you're referring to is a thing of the past.

Just pick the best players, unless they're like Watson.

To be fair, nobody knew about BumRub Tugger (you like that!?!) until deep ;) into is caREAR...

I'll see myself out

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We aren’t serious about our secondary. We are gonna have all DEs who can get after the QB and we are gonna get lit up for 70% passing every day 

Keep in mind, we have to have 90 players on roster going into Training Camp - odds are that Henderson is likely not going to make the final 53 man roster.

Secondary will likely be addressed at the draft, very early too. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Keep in mind, we have to have 90 players on roster going into Training Camp - odds are that Henderson is likely not going to make the final 53 man roster.

We are in a mess in the secondary. We have 1 CB who is injury prone. We have one of the biggest draft busts ever at the other CB. We have a 1 safety who plays 1/2 the games. We have another who got progressively worse as the season went on. 

our secondary has been an issue for years. We’ve got to fix it. Caserio is allowing his personal feelings for Nelson to impact our ability. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We are in a mess in the secondary. We have 1 CB who is injury prone. We have one of the biggest draft busts ever at the other CB. We have a 1 safety who plays 1/2 the games. We have another who got progressively worse as the season went on. 

our secondary has been an issue for years. We’ve got to fix it. Caserio is allowing his personal feelings for Nelson to impact our ability. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

From what I've been able to research: Carolina played zone at the 3rd highest rate in the leauge. Henderson isn't a guy from what I read who does well with complexity. Zone is difficult in that sense. Henderson is a man-coverage press corner.

He was drafted into the mess that is Jacksonville and was traded by Urban Meyer. 4 systems in 4 years. Fired Jacksonville coach, Urban Meyer fired next season, Carolina coach who was later fired, then Frank Reich.

He didn't have much of a chance. I'm not saying he will do much, but I understand the flier by the Texans. At the least, Texans have youth and talent at CB. Hasn't always been the case. Draft another CB by day 3, and the room is alright. Safety worries me. Pitre needs to take a huge step. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Blaze said:

From what I've been able to research: Carolina played zone at the 3rd highest rate in the leauge. Henderson isn't a guy from what I read who does well with complexity. Zone is difficult in that sense. Henderson is a man-coverage press corner.

He was drafted into the mess that is Jacksonville and was traded by Urban Meyer. 4 systems in 4 years. Fired Jacksonville coach, Urban Meyer fired next season, Carolina coach who was later fired, then Frank Reich.

He didn't have much of a chance. I'm not saying he will do much, but I understand the flier by the Texans. At the least, Texans have youth and talent at CB. Hasn't always been the case. Draft another CB by day 3, and the room is alright. Safety worries me. Pitre needs to take a huge step. 

Can you imagine Justin Simmons leading our secondary???

Sticky corners with a fierce pass rush and here comes Simmons with the easy pick...

• Like 1