Free Agency 2024

It was a hell of a ride, but now we transition into probably the biggest offseason in a while. Literally half the team is free agents.

These next couple of years are the prime time to cash in on Stroud on his rookie deal. Time to see what Caserio is going to do! 

• Like 2

RB Devin Singletary

CB Steven Nelson

LB Blake Cashman

OT George Fant

DL Khalil Davis

DE Derek Barnett

DT Teair Tart

P Cameron Johnston

K Ka'imi Fairbairn

LS Jon Weeks

These are players I think we should and can realistically keep. I would make Greenard an offer but I would expect to be outbid. I think Barnett and Anderson could be the de facto 1-2 DEs for us, and we could keep churning/drafting behind those two. Similarly I would make Schultz and Rankins offers, but I wouldn't pay much more than we were already paying them to keep them around. I still expect Quitoriano to be a very good player, and I think Slowik (assuming he stays) could really find ways to use him effectively, and Jordan seems to be ascending. Rankins is good, but I wouldn't say he's like head and shoulders above a guy like Khalil Davis. I think they're probably pretty comparable. Hinish had himself a first half against the Ravens, maybe he can still turn into something. 

I want to buy a real deal RB, and I think we should consider looking at a veteran safety as well. Kyle Dugger is probably better than Pitre, someone like that maybe. 

ALSO..

I think we should try and get in on the Chris Jones sweepstakes!

• Like 1

I don't know if we can afford him but I'd LOVE to replace Perryman with Devin White!  I would also love to sign Christian Wilkins, although I would like to hold onto to Rankins as well, if the terms are right as he will be 30 next fall.  

It might be nice to steal Calvin Ridley from Jacksonville.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

Maybe a quality, veteran, guard too.  We need a guard and a center.  I don't think the current guys are good enough.  How much better would our offense be with a stronger IOL and a couple more quality receivers?  A LOT better!  

23. G KEVIN DOTSON, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Dotson was traded from the Pittsburgh Steelers to the Los Angeles Rams this offseason, and what first appeared like an odd fit should have instead been a signal that head coach Sean McVay was reinventing his offense to much success in 2023. McVay pivoted from a wide-zone rushing attack to a heavy gap scheme, and Dotson was a picture-perfect fit. He has always been a strong pass protector, which carried over, as well.

27. G ROBERT HUNT, MIAMI DOLPHINS

It came as a bit of a surprise that Hunt was not the young Dolphins offensive lineman agreeing to terms on an extension before the season concluded, but it could also be a signal that he knows he can command a strong contract on the open market with a large sample size of good play.

At 6-foot-6 and 335 pounds, Hunt got his NFL start at tackle, lining up on either side in his rookie season and holding up admirably. He found a home for the past three seasons at right guard and was a great fit in the team’s zone rushing attack under head coach Mike McDaniel.

I'm familiar with Curtis Samuel from his days playing at Ohio State.  He's a versatile player that can be plugged in as a hybrid RB/WR out of the backfield.  

76. WR CURTIS SAMUEL, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

Samuel was an efficient target in Eric Bienemy’s Washington offense that spread the ball around more than any team in the NFL, hauling in just shy of 73% of passes thrown his way with just four drops on 85 targets in 2023. Samuel was used as a ball carrier in 2023 like he was in 2022 and previous seasons dating back to his Ohio State days. His Swiss Army knife skill set shows up with good change of direction in space and start-stop ability that is still above average at this stage of his career.

Edited by Heavy_Flow

43 minutes ago, Heavy_Flow said:

76. WR CURTIS SAMUEL, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

Samuel was an efficient target in Eric Bienemy’s Washington offense that spread the ball around more than any team in the NFL, hauling in just shy of 73% of passes thrown his way with just four drops on 85 targets in 2023. Samuel was used as a ball carrier in 2023 like he was in 2022 and previous seasons dating back to his Ohio State days. His Swiss Army knife skill set shows up with good change of direction in space and start-stop ability that is still above average at this stage of his career.

A change a scenery could be great for him! Adding him and a 2nd day WR could be great.

I don’t expect Woods and Brown back next year. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ObotimusPrime said:

Watching the Detroit game and I want Mike Evans even more, but I think his play is pricing us out. Doesn’t look like he’s slowed down at all. 

Jamyr Gibbs certainly increased the value of the RB position.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ObotimusPrime said:

Watching the Detroit game and I want Mike Evans even more, but I think his play is pricing us out. Doesn’t look like he’s slowed down at all. 

I honestly think he's retiring as a Buc. 

• Like 1