I'd be happy to come out of free agency with...

mwalker

Jaylon Johnson isnt hitting the FA market.    I can all but guarantee that.   And even if he does, he will likely cost upward of $20m a year....which I wouldnt do and dont think our FO would do either.

If I am going all in on a player....it would probably be Tee Higgins...although admittedly, I dont see that happening either.

Regardless of what people want, I BELIEVE we will be targeting Cousins pretty hard.   I dont see any way they do not try to upgrade our QB position.     I see no circumstance in which Trubisky returns.    I think they would be interested in bringing back Rudolph, but not necessarily to compete for starter.    If not Cousins, then someone else...perhaps even Russell Wilson if he is cut.     If not one of the top names, then maybe a guy like Tannehill or Wentz to compete with and perhaps mentor Kenny.      I guess Justin Fields is possible, but I hope not.    I feel like a team like Atlanta may trade as much as a 1st round pick for him....I wouldnt trade more than a 3rd.

My guess on what will happen...

QB Kirk Cousins or Tannehill/Wentz
WR Nelson Agholor
ILB Patrick Queen or resign Kwon Alexander
CB Rock Ya Sin, Stephon Gilmore or resign Levi Wallace

I could also see a safety, but its a weak year for safety in free agency.   I think there is a good chance they give Eric Rowe a chance to start next year.

I could also see some type of trade.    Not going to guess what position, though.   I just feel like we may acquire a starter via trade during or after the draft.

A couple guys I'd like:

Devin White- has been weened from the field for Britt to play. Steelers liked him but traded up for the wrong Devin.

Isaiah Simmons- fast and big ILB.

CJ Henderson- Solid size. Good speed. Hasn't lived up to his draft slot.

Azeez Al Shair- loved him as a prospect. Flashed in San Francisco. Stud with the Titans.

Tim Settle- big bodied DT to challenge for NT.

Javon Kinlaw- competition for Larry Ogunjobi.

Kenneth Murray- challenge for starting ILB. Two guys returning from major injury. Will they fully recover? Insert Murray and keep rolling.

Noah Igbinoghene- solid CB who fell off the ledge with injuries and being stuck behind depth,

Raekwon Davis- powerful run defender. 6'7 325 with 4 years NFL experience. Will turn 27 during the season. Not a good pass rusher.

• Like 1

Murray would be good  as would Queen. What would you expect them to sign for?

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Steelers liked him but traded up for the wrong Devin.

and if this season doesn't go as planned, will the Steelers trade up for a QB next year? 

would Simmons suit our scheme at ILB? He has the range and speed so maybe it's worth a try

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Murray would be good  as would Queen. What would you expect them to sign for?

and if this season doesn't go as planned, will the Steelers trade up for a QB next year? 

would Simmons suit our scheme at ILB? He has the range and speed so maybe it's worth a try

Regarding trade for a QB? I'm not sure.

I think Simmons would be a nice fit. Giants can pick up his 5th year option in 2024 but I don't think they will.

6 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Regarding trade for a QB? I'm not sure.

I think Simmons would be a nice fit. Giants can pick up his 5th year option in 2024 but I don't think they will.

worth a try for ILB then . 

QB trade up would be next year if the class is good and this team as is faults to top 10 type record. 

ILB has been cursed with injury bug, not sure if players want to take the chance here O.o

what do you expect Murray and Queen to sign for? I would sign Queen or Murray/Simmons and trade/cut peterson if I had to. Instead I expect this team to keep overvalued players and lose out on actual legit players entering their primes - the steeler way

On 1/25/2024 at 2:14 AM, mwalker said:

CB J.Johnson
ILB P.Queen 
DL C.Wilkins
SS X.McKinney
OC A.James

how much is this? total dollars? somewhere in the region of $180-200m. there is some figure out there you have to spend $100m on new contracts every year and xx over xx years or something of that nature. you still have to sign your own guys not that theres anyone worth signing. but do we really think the steelers would make one splash signing let alone five. 

jaylon johnson over $13m per year

p queen over $8m per year

wilkins over $14m per year

mckinney over $9m per year

james over $7m per year

those are in average annual salaries. these guys then get to dictate term by number of games in town. there will be plenty to never pick you.

14 hours ago, armsteeld said:

A couple guys I'd like:

Tim Settle- big bodied DT to challenge for NT.

that's the one guy that can split time with adams or work in some sort of rotation. he was good at tech and is still good today. he will be cheap. there's not much demand for a nt type. youre looking at getting top bid out of five teams and you have the worst d line out of those five teams. that should be as easy as a free agent to get as thats out there.

6 hours ago, zflairway said:

how much is this? total dollars? somewhere in the region of $180-200m. there is some figure out there you have to spend $100m on new contracts every year and xx over xx years or something of that nature. you still have to sign your own guys not that theres anyone worth signing. but do we really think the steelers would make one splash signing let alone five. 

jaylon johnson over $13m per year

p queen over $8m per year

wilkins over $14m per year

mckinney over $9m per year

james over $7m per year

those are in average annual salaries. these guys then get to dictate term by number of games in town. there will be plenty to never pick you.

Yes jaylon Johnson about 5 million over 13 million…I don’t think many of these numbers are realistic, wish they were and we’d get them.

16 hours ago, rlon said:

Yes jaylon Johnson about 5 million over 13 million…I don’t think many of these numbers are realistic, wish they were and we’d get them.

so you're saying jaylon johnson is going to get 5 years and $90m with 40% guaranteed over the first three years. that's pretty good value for his abilities