Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

Frankly, the 49ers were much better all year. 

The chiefs have been clearly better the last two weeks. 

This...

One team is on the rise and one team backed into the SB and truly got lucky!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Chiefs/49ers fans: how nervous are you going into this one?

This feels different than the Ravens game or the last one vs KC. On those runs I was sure with each round they would lose, until they finally did. 

This time I have been careful not to be negative about the 49ers much at all, and I honestly was sure they would win each game. Even at half time of the Lions game I was fine & knew they just needed some stops. I wanted Kansas City, for personal reasons & because I think Baltimore was a worse matchup.

Still picking SF to win. But this is Andy Reid and Mahomes.. I won't be counting my chickens until that clock hits zero. And with expectations are where the real disappointment lies.. so we'll see

Nevermind 

I thought you were talking about KC, and now I'm not sure so I just erased it. Wasnt the kind of comment worth responding to in the first place

Edited by adamq

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I swear Pacheco was just answering with the same old "it takes all of us, we all we got we all we need, gotta live and die for your teammates and leave it all on the field" regardless of the question. 

Andy Reid will not allow disrespect pre-game lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adamq said:

Nevermind 

I thought you were talking about KC, and now I'm not sure so I just erased it. Wasnt the kind of comment worth responding to in the first place

Look at his posting history. If it's negative, he's probably talking niners

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

No. He isn't the best coordinator ever and there are no coaches in there for being a great coordinator. I'd be fine if we started electing excellent coordinators, but I wouldn't start with Spags

I could see a world where Spags makes it, but it would be very akin to like an Eli Manning or Troy Aikman making it for QBs. It wouldn't be on the grounds of him being the greatest ever, but in recognition of his performance in the biggest moments. Even if you just single out his time in KC, the defense has overall averaged out to good. Not great, definitely not elite, just good. But his postseason runs have been fantastic. I personally wouldn't have him over guys we've seen coach elite defenses for like a decade straight, but I have different thoughts on the hall than those who actually vote for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Chiefs/49ers fans: how nervous are you going into this one?

plankton-i-dont-know.gif

This year, anyway. I thought our season was over at Buffalo. This I'd all just unexpected joy at this point. Feels very low stakes given that it's a Superbowl. I don't know that anyone's legacy is particularly hurt by a loss here. And we just won last year. So it's kind of just fun.

• Like 1

I've mentioned it before in the villains thread, but the niners are a very unlikeable team off the field if you're not a fan. It's easy to love the way a lot of the guys play, but they talk a lot off the field. And they all have some opinions to say the least. Deebo does kay Adams like every week. Kyle is just like one giant arrogant ego. Dre and Warner have had some dirty moments on the field. 

And they've never actually won anything

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've mentioned it before in the villains thread, but the niners are a very unlikeable team off the field if you're not a fan. It's easy to love the way a lot of the guys play, but they talk a lot off the field. And they all have some opinions to say the least. Deebo does kay Adams like every week. Kyle is just like one giant arrogant ego. Dre and Warner have had some dirty moments on the field. 

And they've never actually won anything

I'll be honest - as a Cowboys fan, I've never been one to root for the 49ers but Kittle killed whatever bit of "fan of the game" I had for them.  Haha - now you're in the ranks of the Eagles (slightly above b/c you didn't throw beers at a paralyzed Irvin)

• Like 1