The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

I know it’s late in the game and don’t know how anyone would feel about getting an interview now but I would bring Brian Flores in. Looks like plan b at this point who cares from our point of view. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Tom Pelissero 

The #Seahawks are bringing in #Ravens DC Mike Macdonald today for a second interview for their head coaching job, per sources. 

Seattle met with Macdonald, 36, on Tuesday in Baltimore. Now, he’s going through the expanded process they did with other candidates.

Looks like Seattle is making a move. Peters not moving on MM tells me he’s not all that impressed 

Well, this sure seems to suck. Whiffed on Johnson, Slowik, and now looks like MacDonald. I didn’t even want a defensive coach, but if we’re stuck going that route, I sure as hell didn’t want some ho-hum defensive coach. 

Asking for a friend, if the top remaining option is Dan Quinn, have we reached the “grab the red phone and call Belichick” point yet?

Just now, e16bball said:

Well, this sure seems to suck. Whiffed on Johnson, Slowik, and now looks like MacDonald. I didn’t even want a defensive coach, but if we’re stuck going that route, I sure as hell didn’t want some ho-hum defensive coach. 

Asking for a friend, if the top remaining option is Dan Quinn, have we reached the “grab the red phone and call Belichick” point yet?

Apparently we did not have a plan B

• Like 1

Man the reactions in here are kinda bonkers. 

We land the top executive available, something that would NEVER have been possible with Snyder as owner, and we got rid of Ron Rivera. Now all of a sudden when we didn't get "the top HC candidate," the team is ******* up and we are laughing stocks? 

Come on guys. They could hire any of the interviewed candidates, including EB (sorry @MKnight82), and we are still miles ahead of where we were last year. There is no instant fix. Everyone needs to purge the Snyder "Win the Offseason" mentality out. We don't need the best of the best at everything. We need the right people at the right places. We need players that fit a specific play-style and plan. Everything about this team is changing starting this year, which means we need to blank slate what it means to root for this team and how it is built. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I know it’s late in the game and don’t know how anyone would feel about getting an interview now but I would bring Brian Flores in. Looks like plan b at this point who cares from our point of view. 

I don't think you're going to see this group start over. They won't admit defeat like that. It'll be one of the three left imo.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We land the top executive available, something that would NEVER have been possible with Snyder as owner, and we got rid of Ron Rivera. Now all of a sudden when we didn't get "the top HC candidate," the team is ******* up and we are laughing stocks? 

Come on guys. They could hire any of the interviewed candidates, including EB (sorry @MKnight82), and we are still miles ahead of where we were last year. There is no instant fix. Everyone needs to purge the Snyder "Win the Offseason" mentality out. We don't need the best of the best at everything. We need the right people at the right places. We need players that fit a specific play-style and plan. Everything about this team is changing starting this year, which means we need to blank slate what it means to root for this team and how it is built. 

If we hire Dan Quinn we're right back where we were. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I understand but as we progress I don’t want to take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Looks bad that we put all our eggs in the Ben basket 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

If we hire Dan Quinn we're right back where we were. 

I absolutely disagree. 

Is Dan Quinn bringing Dan Snyder with him? Is he bringing Ron Rivera with him? Bruce Allen? 

Ya'll sound like spoiled children who didn't get the toy they wanted for Christmas. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think you're going to see this group start over. They won't admit defeat like that. It'll be one of the three left imo.

Aaron Glenn

Anthony Weaver

Dan Quinn

* Eric Bienemy  how could I forget 

If this is the only choices we have. Let’s go for it give me Anthony Weaver. WTH

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I understand but as we progress I don’t want to take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Looks bad that we put all our eggs in the Ben basket 

Literally, only the fans "put all our eggs in the Ben basket". 

These are gross overreactions to assumptions made by fans.

Just because the team didn't hire the coach ya'll wanted, there is no plan, no direction? We are going backwards? 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I absolutely disagree. 

Is Dan Quinn bringing Dan Snyder with him? Is he bringing Ron Rivera with him? Bruce Allen? 

Ya'll sound like spoiled children who didn't get the toy they wanted for Christmas. 

We all just want the best for this team. Passion for this team and want it to succeed 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Literally, only the fans "put all our eggs in the Ben basket". 

These are gross overreactions to assumptions made by fans.

Just because the team didn't hire the coach ya'll wanted, there is no plan, no direction? We are going backwards? 

Do you think things are playing out like Adam Peters wants it to go?