The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They've botched this so bad I would just throw all of their original plans out the window.

Trust. The. Process.

They didn't get Johnson, MacDonald or Slowik and all of the sudden their whole plan is ruined? A plan you have no knowledge of...

You and I have been in unison about not going the retread route, Bill Belichick would be the opposite of what we want. Just be a little more patient and hopefully the new HC will grow on you.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Trust. The. Process.

They didn't get Johnson, MacDonald or Slowik and all of the sudden their whole plan is ruined? A plan you have no knowledge of...

You and I have been in unison about not going the retread route, Bill Belichick would be the opposite of what we want. Just be a little more patient and hopefully the new HC will grow on you.

They don't have a plan!

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Trust. The. Process.

No, but if we had to guess from the inferences from the local beats (who have been pretty spot on), then there is some reasonable assumption that they didn't get their Top 3 candidates and are now pivoting to figure out what to do from what is left. 

Peters is now at the Senior Bowl. We have no interviews lined up at the moment. I'd say the initial plan is done, it didn't work, and now they're regrouping today. Or Quinn gets announced at 4:59 today.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Peters is now at the Senior Bowl. We have no interviews lined up at the moment. I'd say the initial plan is done, it didn't work, and now they're regrouping today. Or Quinn gets announced at 4:59 today.

I imagine they'll wait till Friday afternoon at this point to announce the Quinn hire so they don't get destroyed by the weekday media. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Pete Carroll ran to the NFL. If you're a good coach, you're a good coach wherever you go. I don't see what the big deal is?

So, Pete ran up? Lucky for Harbaugh this time, he is able to run up again after he left his cheating behind. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So, Pete ran up? Lucky for Harbaugh this time, he is able to run up again after he left his cheating behind. 

Okay dude. Whatever. I'm clearly wrong here. Harbaugh sucks.