The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

When they identified all the GMs, it certainly didn't take this long. We were done in 4 days? We were going to be done today too if Johnson or Macdonald were interested in us. Ultimately they weren't and we really look like we're on Plan B. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Absolutely, but being thorough and finding the "right" person has been the plan all along. 

Plus think of all the great media attention we are getting from being the last ones to fill the spot. Once we hire our guy, it will be all Washington talk, all the time. ;)

Getting jilted at the alter by multiple candidates is not good publicity. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

When they identified all the GMs, it certainly didn't take this long. We were done in 4 days? We were going to be done today too if Johnson or Macdonald were interested in us. Ultimately they weren't and we really look like we're on Plan B. 

I don't think we're on Plan B we're on like Plan F at this point. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

What if they're too thorough then? What if they let the best candidates go elsewhere because of that? What if this hinders getting a staff together?

Best candidates by who's standards though? 

Do I want a HC to be named right this second? Sure, but I'm not going to throw a fit like a kid that didn't get their way everytime another team hires a HC.

As for the staff, there are so many candidates for staffing out there, I really doubt we have trouble putting one together. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Getting jilted at the alter by multiple candidates is not good publicity. 

So every team that interviewed or tried to interview a candidate was jilted? 

Sounds like just sour grapes on your end from not getting the guys you wanted. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Best candidates by who's standards though? 

Yours? Mine? Theirs? Doesn't matter. We've lost half of our interviews to other teams right? 

Do I want a HC to be named right this second? Sure, but I'm not going to throw a fit like a kid that didn't get their way everytime another team hires a HC.

You might if they hire Eric Bieniemy because he's the only one left to take the job. 

As for the staff, there are so many candidates for staffing out there, I really doubt we have trouble putting one together. 

But how many good and ready candidates are left? How many are still gonna move? What did Quinn's penciled in staff look like vs. who is available now? We're gonna find out. 

• Like 1

I mean, who did you want? Why is that different than what we want? If we didn't get what we want, that kinda stinks, no? 

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I didn't have a candidate I wanted. I just don't want Dan Quinn.  He sucks. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So in the scenario of GMs, what if Peters blew them away in the interview and was the clear cut guy for the job? Would make sense with the quick hire right? 

On the flip side, if none of the HC candidates separated themselves, wouldn't it be practical to take longer? 

All the speculating you guys are doing is great conversation, but likely is very off-base when it comes to the truth.

I just can’t believe we sat around and watched everyone get hired and we’re going to end up with Dan Quinn. This is legitimately the last thing I expected. This is like waiting for Bruce Allen to get fired for 10 years and then finding out Ron Rivera was getting full control of the franchise. From the highest of highs to a giant kick in the balls. What a bummer. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I disagree. You directly posted "Ben Johnson or we riot." 

Based on the crappy candidates they interviewed? Sure. Whatever man. I don't get your attitude on this. You've been in here every week calling for Rivera to be fired. Where was the patience then? Now this is a total disaster and you're all over us for wanting something to actually go right for once. 

So in the scenario of GMs, what if Peters blew them away in the interview and was the clear cut guy for the job? Would make sense with the quick hire right? 

Yes. Agreed. 

On the flip side, if none of the HC candidates separated themselves, wouldn't it be practical to take longer? 

Then request more interviews. Widen your yet. That should be happening ASAP today. 

All the speculating you guys are doing is great conversation, but likely is very off-base when it comes to the truth.

And we circle back to: that is your opinion reading the situation, and I have mine. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean, who did you want? Why is that different than what we want? If we didn't get what we want, that kinda stinks, no? 

I wanted MacDonald. I think he is going to be a great head coach. 

It's not different than what/who you guys wanted. 

I'm just not throwing tempertantrums like the world is coming to an end because we didn't get the guy I wanted. I'm not bad mouthing the people that literally saved us from the Snyder era as incompetent people who don't have a plan. 

It absolutely stinks when you don't get what you want, but rationale thinking is important in these situations and all I'm seeing is emotional responses. 

• Like 2