The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Schefter said on sports center that Washington is in no rush to hire anyone and will likely interview more candidates.

This bodes to what others had concerns about. This tips more in the direction of them having preferences and not getting them.

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why not interview Ejiro or Joe Brady? Why not the college route? Kiffin, Dabo or Kirby Smart? Lane Kiffin is a nutcase so that could be an issue. 

Okay I won't go on a tangent again, but I would take Jim Harbaugh over Dabo Sweeney. No college coach drives me more nuts than Dabo. I think there was good reason why he wasn't even considered for the Alabama job. 

I think those three have found their calling in college. Ejiro is interesting. Brady is a good example for Ben Johnson to look at. 

You might see Ejiro in these next rounds. Brady too if we really do want the Off HC. 

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay I won't go on a tangent again, but I would take Jim Harbaugh over Dabo Sweeney. No college coach drives me more nuts than Dabo. I think there was good reason why he wasn't even considered for the Alabama job. 

I think those three have found their calling in college. Ejiro is interesting. Brady is a good example for Ben Johnson to look at. 

You might see Ejiro in these next rounds. Brady too if we really do want the Off HC. 

Dabo would be on the bottom of the college list for me. He's kind of a prick. 

I guess if I had to rank a top 5 for what's left out there

1. Frank Smith

2. Brian Flores

3. Ejiro Evero

4. Joe Brady

5. Dan Quinn

I have zero interest in Aaron Glenn. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

2. Brian Flores

This one concerns me only because of his lawsuit. He's a little more hidden now, but who the hell knows if he was a HC again. 

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This one concerns me only because of his lawsuit. He's a little more hidden now, but who the hell knows if he was a HC again. 

Honestly, I just think he's a good coach. Not sure I would hire him because of the issues he had with Tua and I'd be scared of how he worked with the QB we take at 2. But I do think he's damn good at what he does. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Trust the process, my friend 👍🏼

I would need lots of patience, but I would learn to live with it. I would just hope that they were absolutely sure. Undoubtedly to trade up is going to cost more than I would want to pay for one spot. That relationship between Riley and Williams better be rock freaking solid.

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think the delay right now is that they’re trying to close the deal for a move up to the #1 pick before they announce their deal with Lincoln Riley to come continue coaching Caleb.

You swung out of your shoes on this one. 

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Why should we trust the process? 

The process clearly isn't going well if it hasn't resolved yet.

We are currently the last girl at the dance and all the most in demand dance partners chose other options including, not dancing at all,  just going home.  We started planning our attendance to the dance 6 months ago.  We didn't expect to the last one standing.

We actually have the most sought-after front office executive from the past three years.  

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Why not interview Ejiro or Joe Brady? Why not the college route? Kiffin, Dabo or Kirby Smart? Lane Kiffin is a nutcase so that could be an issue. 

Joey Freshwater and Dabo are both nutcases.  I especially don’t want Dabo, who doubles down on his refusal of NIL.  That is a surefire way to alienate players.  

I’m not even sure that I want Kirby.  The college route almost never works, unless they’ve had previous success in the NFL like Pete Carroll did.  

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Dabo would be on the bottom of the college list for me. He's kind of a prick. 

I guess if I had to rank a top 5 for what's left out there

1. Frank Smith

2. Brian Flores

3. Ejiro Evero

4. Joe Brady

5. Dan Quinn

I have zero interest in Aaron Glenn. 

Frank SMith is a great offensive guy but it might be a year early on him as well.  

Also don’t understand the zero interest in Aaron Glenn.  

50 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think the delay right now is that they’re trying to close the deal for a move up to the #1 pick before they announce their deal with Lincoln Riley to come continue coaching Caleb.

Well that would be a bombshell if I ever heard one