The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I was hoping for Lincoln Riley 

He probably would have wanted to run the show. Kliff could be the familiarity that Caleb needs though. I said when the Raiders "hired" him that was going to lead to them getting Caleb Williams, I think that would be true for us. Unfortunately that may mean we are trading up.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

He probably would have wanted to run the show. Kliff could be the familiarity that Caleb needs though. I said when the Raiders "hired" him that was going to lead to them getting Caleb Williams, I think that would be true for us. Unfortunately that may mean we are trading up.

If thats the path, I think it’s an OK one.  

I kinda got my hopes up for a brief minute that “going back to the drawing board” for us meant Lincoln Riley. 

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

John Keim

The Dan Quinn Presser is Monday at 2:30.

I know it’s the weekend right now and that’s why they aren’t having it, but there could also be an OC to announce at that point.  

Also, 2:30 is a great time to do this.  It gives everyone a chance to talk about it on the ride home from work.  I remember having to tune in at noon to get the Rivera welcoming press conference.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

I'd be down, actually. I know he doesn't have the best reputation on earth, but he was pretty solid when Kyler Murray was healthy, especially in 2021.

Kingsbury was one of the pre-eminent minds in college football, and he’s also adapted well to it upon his return, unlike Chip Kelly who is still running the same offense.  

• Like 1

I won’t lie and say I’m not getting a bit concerned about the coordinator situation and the way I’m reading it. Is Quinn not hiring his own staff? They’re interviewing candidates for roles is what I keep reading but is it Quinn or is it ownership? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I won’t lie and say I’m not getting a bit concerned about the coordinator situation and the way I’m reading it. Is Quinn not hiring his own staff? They’re interviewing candidates for roles is what I keep reading but is it Quinn or is it ownership? 

Since offense isn’t DQ strength, it could be a collaborative effort between both