? Week 15 MNF: Falcons (8-5) @ Buccaneers (4-9)

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Gotta admit. D Smith didn't play too poorly last night.

it pains me to admit I ve been envious of the Saints oline model for years.  The strength of the oline is the interior.  Considering the Bucs have one above average starter when healthy, that is my main area of concern for the unit.

10 hours ago, ravishingone said:

He was terrific.  The deep ball accuracy was there tonight.  A RS sophomore coming into the league, he is developing nicely.

His completion % for the year is 64. The guy is improving and I think sitting on the sidelines may have helped him mentally.

Maybe he and d jax aren't a good fit? No chemistry? I know some don't like to hear the words "trade Djax" but if we can meet a pick in return why not? 10 million for a guy that hasn't developed any chemistry with Winston. And he's not really anything special outside his 9 route and speed. 

Id rather invest 10 million in Jarvis Landry Bc he can do it all. 

11 minutes ago, indifference said:

His completion % for the year is 64. The guy is improving and I think sitting on the sidelines may have helped him mentally.

It certainly could have helped to take a step back.  There are valid concerns about RS sophomore QBs success in the NFL.  However, I m sure we both agree improvement is not a straight line up especially with Winston s limited exposure in college.  I do think it is time to change the coaching staff around Winston.  At the very least, 3 years of Bajakian  being Winston s primary support on the sideline is enough.

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It certainly could have helped to take a step back.  There are valid concerns about RS sophomore QBs success in the NFL.  However, I m sure we both agree improvement is not a straight line up especially with Winston s limited exposure in college.  I do think it is time to change the coaching staff around Winston.  At the very least, 3 years of Bajakian  being Winston s primary support on the sideline is enough.

What really needs to be done with winston is what the Jags are doing with Blake bortles. Build a strong team around him and not ask him to do to much. They drafted fornette and have yeldon and Ivory. They're strong running the ball. They made some moves to the OL and got physical up front. They dialed it back for him and have limited the TOs. 

Bucs need to do that with Winston. May take two offseasons Bc with Mccoys age and injury history, Bucs need to invest in a new DL starters and depth. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Glad to see the offense come alive last night, even with all the injuries...

This defense needs a complete overhaul (outside of the LB's) including the coordinator...

Honestly, I'm cool with blowing the whole thing up. Alexander is good but he still blows assignments in zone coverage. Its like this entire LB core has no understanding of zone concepts because they are constantly getting beat underneath. David has been most consistent LB on the team in both aspects. We need new coaches to help these guys out. Bucs need to sign a LB just for his coverage skills alone. I'm tired of seeing them mess up their responsibilities. DL is getting revamped and CB's too. That's given.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

it pains me to admit I ve been envious of the Saints oline model for years.  The strength of the oline is the interior.  Considering the Bucs have one above average starter when healthy, that is my main area of concern for the unit.

I'd move Smith to LG and try to sign Solder or draft someone to play LT. Either go that route or sign/draft a guard. I know we have a ton of needs on defense but I'd take a strong look at that kid from UTEP Hernandez in the second round.

21 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

What really needs to be done with winston is what the Jags are doing with Blake bortles. Build a strong team around him and not ask him to do to much. They drafted fornette and have yeldon and Ivory. They're strong running the ball. They made some moves to the OL and got physical up front. They dialed it back for him and have limited the TOs. 

Bucs need to do that with Winston. May take two offseasons Bc with Mccoys age and injury history, Bucs need to invest in a new DL starters and depth. 

That's what you should do with every young QB. I wouldn't say don't expect him to do much but for Winston I'm looking for him to maintain drives. Keep us on the field and convert third downs and key plays. Every young QB needs some type of rushing attack to help him slow the game down. Just need to blow this OL up and find a running room and Winston numbers will be even better.

20 minutes ago, indifference said:

I'd move Smith to LG and try to sign Solder or draft someone to play LT. Either go that route or sign/draft a guard. I know we have a ton of needs on defense but I'd take a strong look at that kid from UTEP Hernandez in the second round.

I think maybe an offensive scheme change would do well for smith. We talk about not giving up on winston because he's been hot and cold. Well Donovan smith overall has been solid at LT. Maybe a west coast scheme will help pass protection. I think I'd ride Donavan smith one more year at LT with a new scheme. 

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

I think maybe an offensive scheme change would do well for smith. We talk about not giving up on winston because he's been hot and cold. Well Donovan smith overall has been solid at LT. Maybe a west coast scheme will help pass protection. I think I'd ride Donavan smith one more year at LT with a new scheme. 

I've been leaning this way too. He's had some really good games mixed with all the awful ones. We have a ton of holes to fill. Sucking it up and giving him one more year would allow us to focus more on the rest of the oline, RB, dline, and our secondary.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've been leaning this way too. He's had some really good games mixed with all the awful ones. We have a ton of holes to fill. Sucking it up and giving him one more year would allow us to focus more on the rest of the oline, RB, dline, and our secondary.

Not only that, but we've had a revolving door at LG this year and Evan smith sucks at guard. That doesn't help when they rotate the guy on your right constantly. 

I also have to add when winston plays more decisive and the playcalling calls for quicker passes, the Line looks better. A lot of times winston this year played hesitant and his timing was off. Last night is a perfect example of what good winston does for this offense. 

4 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Not only that, but we've had a revolving door at LG this year and Evan smith sucks at guard. That doesn't help when they rotate the guy on your right constantly. 

I also have to add when winston plays more decisive and the playcalling calls for quicker passes, the Line looks better. A lot of times winston this year played hesitant and his timing was off. Last night is a perfect example of what good winston does for this offense. 

Quicker passing concepts (like we had last night) help the oline a lot. When's the last time we ran a quick out route? There was a guy to dump the ball to on almost every play. We haven't done that at all this year.

Winston also did an amazing job extending plays. He made free runners miss left and right. And he was quick with his decisions when he was running for his life.

Archived