2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/arrest-warrant-issued-for-lions-cb-cameron-sutton-for-alleged-domestic-battery

This article says the police posted about the warrant because they need help finding him, ie he has been evasive.  The warrant was issued earlier this month but they have had trouble finding him so asked for the publics help.  

It also mentions the Lions just found out about it this morning.  

Yes there is plenty out that. Pointing out he's running for 2 weeks is not unkind. That's the facts. 

3 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Yes there is plenty out that. Pointing out he's running for 2 weeks is not unkind. That's the facts. 

Its also a little bit disrespectful because nothing has been proven and even if it is true, I would be willing to bet the victim would prefer that folks not use this kind of trauma as a platform for taking online potshots at other people.

7 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Its also a little bit disrespectful because nothing has been proven and even if it is true, I would be willing to bet the victim would prefer that folks not use this kind of trauma as a platform for taking online potshots at other people.

Who is taking potshots? 

not one single thing in my post took a shot at Sutton 

Whatever 

Edited by detfan782004
  • Like 1

Football-wise this hurts us pretty badly. He would have been a quality #2.

I won't mind if the Lions let this play out a little bit. Do some due diligence and figure out what's what before jettisoning a guy. The potential to recoup his cap hit should also be a concern.

Overall this just sucks. Hope the alleged victim is okay. I heard she was thrown from a window?

• Like 1

Just now, nagahide13 said:

I won't mind if the Lions let this play out a little bit. Do some due diligence and figure out what's what before jettisoning a guy. The potential to recoup his cap hit should also be a concern.

Overall this just sucks. Hope the alleged victim is okay. I heard she was thrown from a window?

Which is the issues I was referring to in previous post.

Issues he can't be found

issues how do they move forwrad

issues PR saying they just found out. I don't buy that

issues with CBs coming off market while this unfolds

issues with a ton of money tied up and maybe a suspension coming

This is a nightmare for the team and him being mia two weeks is absurd 

4 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Which is the issues I was referring to in previous post.

Issues he can't be found

issues how do they move forwrad

issues with CBs coming off market while this unfolds

issues with a ton of money tied up and maybe a suspension coming

This is a nightmare for the team and him being mia two weeks is absurd 

I agree fully with all of this. I can't speak on who knew and who didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if someone(s) in the organization knew that something was going on but not any specifics, I also wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Hillsborough sheriff's office didn't contact the Lions. I'm imagining that it would be very easy for the sheriff's office to just say, "We did, in fact, contact the Lions." and that would be a PR disaster and potentially punishable by the league.

We have a few people here with backgrounds in law enforcement that would probably understand procedure quite a bit better than I do.

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I agree fully with all of this. I can't speak on who knew and who didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if someone(s) in the organization knew that something was going on but not any specifics, I also wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Hillsborough sheriff's office didn't contact the Lions. I'm imagining that it would be very easy for the sheriff's office to just say, "We did, in fact, contact the Lions." and that would be a PR disaster and potentially punishable by the league.

We have a few people here with backgrounds in law enforcement that would probably understand procedure quite a bit better than I do.

My cousins is HWP and Lions fan and we were talking about it. He said their protocol would have been to reach out to Organization prior to going public. They try not to meddle in people's work but it's the last stop before public release. I can't speak to FL LE policies 

39 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

My cousins is HWP and Lions fan and we were talking about it. He said their protocol would have been to reach out to Organization prior to going public. They try not to meddle in people's work but it's the last stop before public release. I can't speak to FL LE policies 

Florida can be extremely different in their policies. That being said, if they did reach out to the Lions, it still could have been this morning to see if they knew of his whereabouts.  I doubt they do it just to get him in more trouble but they need to do their due diligence to locate him and see if he was in Detroit.  If the Lions said no and they haven't seen him or heard from him, they could have gone public just after that.  And being the offseason I don't find it odd that they haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Florida can be extremely different in their policies. That being said, if they did reach out to the Lions, it still could have been this morning to see if they knew of his whereabouts.  I doubt they do it just to get him in more trouble but they need to do their due diligence to locate him and see if he was in Detroit.  If the Lions said no and they haven't seen him or heard from him, they could have gone public just after that.  And being the offseason I don't find it odd that they haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks. 

Policies are in place in case person becomes under duress and can be threat to coworkers in workplace. So I highly doubt Detroit wasn't notified sooner but weirder things happen 

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Strangulation

Was just watching a clip on Woodward talking about it.

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Strangulation

Was just watching a clip on Woodward talking about it.

They did reach out to his agent before going public with the news releases.

Agent did not take call or return call.

Dont like where this is heading at this point 

30 minutes ago, General Tso said:

They have to know something. No way we're just eating the cap hit like that.

Yes and LE says he's still nowhere to be found? So a team releases someone nowhere to be found? Knows nothing about it? Come on now. Nothing adds up here 

they aren't taking 19.2 m in dead cap without some facts or info 

Edited by detfan782004