2024 Three Rounder V.01

Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Fields is worth a mid 3rd, imo. That's 200 points on the trade chart.
2025 2nd is worth the equivalent of pick #65 (The first pick of the 3rd round). That's worth 265 points.
That's 465 points worth of tradeable assets.
Pick #43 (The Falcons pick that Chicago receives in the trade) is worth 470 points.

but why trade the future asset just to make that trade happen? I think most bears fans would agree if the option is trade JF straight for a 3rd OR trade JF and a future 2/3 for a 2nd, 99% are going to say the third. the future 2nd is valued at pick 65, ok, but what if it ends up as pick #33, ala Chase Claypool. then ATL gives up #43 for JF AND #33 - that makes no logical sense. if it's a current draft pick to get a higher current pick, ok, that can be talked into - I think JF and a 4th for a 2nd is FAR more likely than JF and a future 2/3 for #2 

7 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

but why trade the future asset just to make that trade happen? I think most bears fans would agree if the option is trade JF straight for a 3rd OR trade JF and a future 2/3 for a 2nd, 99% are going to say the third. the future 2nd is valued at pick 65, ok, but what if it ends up as pick #33, ala Chase Claypool. then ATL gives up #43 for JF AND #33 - that makes no logical sense. if it's a current draft pick to get a higher current pick, ok, that can be talked into - I think JF and a 4th for a 2nd is FAR more likely than JF and a future 2/3 for #2 

It doesn't matter if that future 2nd ends up being pick #33. Until our calendars say 2025, the 64th pick in 2024 is worth more than pick 33 in 2025.

And if you are the Bears GM, how confident are you that you're gonna get to decide which player that 2025 pick is used on?
I wouldn't assume I'm still gonna be employed as the GM of the Chicago Bears after this season. I'm trading a future 2nd to get a guy who can help me win games this year. And if that future 2nd ends up being pick 33, then I'm definitely getting fired anyways, so screw 2025. All that matters is 2024.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I wouldn't assume I'm still gonna be employed as the GM of the Chicago Bears after this season. I'm trading a future 2nd to get a guy who can help me win games this year

why would he assume he's not going to be employed after this season? he was given the ability to trade 1.1 last year, is (likely) going to draft a QB at 1.1 this year. i'm not suggesting the bears are the greatest run organization in the league, but letting a GM do both those things then firing them is malpractice. 

additionally, the future value of draft picks has shifted. it's no longer first pick in the next round - it's the average draft position of the round. a future 2nd is going to pick between 33-64 regardless - so it'd be stupid to value it as the 65th pick of the draft. it's now looked at as the mid-second round pick for accuracy.

i think we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. I appreciate your effort with the 3 round mock, i just think it missed the mark for the Bears, who for whatever reason are the only team that you did any kind of trades regarding

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

additionally, the future value of draft picks has shifted. it's no longer first pick in the next round - it's the average draft position of the round

You ask 32 GM's what that future pick is worth, you might get 32 different answers.