2024 Three Rounder V.01

Jeezla

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

WAS
#1 Caleb Williams QB
#40 Kam Kinchens S
#67 Ja'Lynn Polk WR
#100 Dallin Holker TE

I'd rather stay put and not give up stuff to get Caleb, but if we do so be it. I don't love pick #40, I assume Curl left then? Seems okay otherwise. I am not familiar with Holker yet, but Stover was already gone.

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

CIN
#18 Cooper DeJean CB
#49 Kingsley Suamataia OT
#80 Cade Stover TE

Not really digging this for the Bengals.  We drafted CBs in the second round the past two drafts.  So we spend a ton on Sneed and turn around and draft DeJean in the first?  Can't see it.  Cam taylor Britt is balling, and DJ Turner showed flashes until he hit the rookie wall.  If we go for a big money outside free agent, I would think it will be for a DT.  

And give us an OT (mims) in the first and either Murphy or Taylor in the second, as we need to overhaul the DT room.

I would hate the 2nd and 3rd rounds for the Giants. If they don’t go QB in the first, I don’t believe they will see one of the other QBs of an upgrade on Jones. Also Penix and his ACLs playing in MetLife? I’ll hate any draft with a RB in the second and they need a veteran RT, not another prospect. Pass rusher and CB are much bigger needs.

So the Bengals lose their starting RT and DT in free agency, positions that even if we resign them, are still the Bengals biggest needs next to a TE, then don’t draft a replacement at either in the first round? Instead, after investing a 2nd rd pick at CB, and a 1st and 3rd at Safety in the past two drafts, you have the Bengals spending big money at Corner and then drafting another corner in the first round? Make that make sense to me, cause it doesn’t, at all right now

At minimum, the Bengals first round pick would be a tackle or defense tackle if you have them signing Sneed.  DBs aren’t going to help anything if there’s no one up front applying pressure to the QB or stopping the run, and certainly won’t help block for Joe Burrow. Based on how your board went, Mims would be the 1st rd pick and, though there is a 0% chance Murphy is still there in the 2nd, hell he might not be on the board by the time the Bengals pick at 18, Murphy should be the pick in the 2nd, especially if you have the Bengals losing Reader and Williams to FA

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

17 - JAX - Terrion Arnold CB

Not bad.  Would prefer going trenches with a Center(JPJ who you already have gone) or maybe a guy like Darius Robinson(Baalke loves DL guys with length and athleticism). Could go

48 - JAX - Xavier Worthy WR

Assuming we do let Ridley hit FA he seems like a decent choice in the sense of like for like.  Me I would go with Byron Murphy who imo shouldnt even last mid 2 at the latest.

79 - JAX - Jonah Ellis OLB

This belongs to the falcons unless we extend Ridley before the new calendar year which if we did they get our 2.

96 - JAX - Ricky Pearsall WR

2wrs in 4 picks with 0 ol is gross.  I'm okay with him but he's not the we type I think we need(that big wr like Higgins/Justyn Ross) for Lawrence. Id look for a G/C or a backup swing tackle.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Bears trade Justin Fields and a conditional 2025 2/3 to ATL for #43. 

What are the conditions?

Calvin Ridley - Falcons (He's coming home!)
Jonathan Greenard - Falcons

Ridley coming home would be great. I don't really see it happening, but I'd love it. Greenard I can pass on though.

8 - ATL - Dallas Turner OLB

Good pick

74 - ATL - Javon Bullard S

Good pick

79 - JAX - Jonah Ellis OLB

Falcons have this pick.

On 2/18/2024 at 6:35 PM, Jeezla said:

Notable Pre-Draft Offseason moves:

Draft related Trades:
Bears trade #1 to WAS for #2, #36, and Jonathan Allen
Bears trade Justin Fields and a conditional 2025 2/3 to ATL for #43. 
Eagles trade pick 22 to CHI for CB Jaylon Johnson

Some Free Agent signings
Chidobie Awuzie - Bears
Jeremy Chinn - Bears
Robert Hunt - Bears

Draft

Round 1
2 - CHI - Drake Maye QB
9 - CHI - Rome Odunze WR
22 - CHI - Brian Thomas Jr WR
36 - CHI - Bralen Trice EDGE
43 - CHI - Graham Barton C
75 - CHI - Bucky Irving RB

It like most parts and don't like a few parts.

If Chicago likes Maye more then make the move. Sweat, Allen, Dexter Jr is a damn solid starting trio on the OL. If going heavy then Dexter kicks to EDGE and Billings starts at NT, or Brice comes in as EDGE and you have Allen/Dexter inside.

The Fields trade makes almost no sense to me. I'd rather trade him for a straight up third than lose future capital in a 2nd or 3rd. I'd hate to see Jaylon leave but get it.

I'm not sure what Hunt does here (though i like him a lot). Jenkins is usually a stud when he is on the field and they just signed Nate Davis, so C is the biggest hole on the OL. He's obviously much better than Davis but seems like that money could have just gone to Johnson and then the Awuzie signing isn't needed. Unless Davis or him could kick into C but idk unless Jenkins would be traded for some reason. Honestly I'd like to see the money thrown at Connor Williams.

Would be crazy excited about the picks.

Maye is a damn good prospect

Moore, Odunze, Thomas Jr is a ridiculously talented trio, and Tyler Scott as a WR4 would be the best WR corps I've ever seen as a Bears fan.

Trice gives a powerful base end opposite of Sweat

Barton fills the biggest hole on the OL, unless switching out Connor Williams for Hint, then he becomes C2 and pushes Davis for the starting RG spot. Which would be even better imo.

Irving is a poor man's Gibbs and I think Herbert prices himself out of Chicago for 2025. So Johnson/Irving become a solid duo to run off of.

A very good Steeler draft.  I think they concentrate on fixing the trenches.  RT and Center are primary needs and you got both with Fa and the 1st round pick.

I would do Malik Washington WR or Cedric Gray LB in the 3rd but still nice.  Murphy is an interesting pick for the Steelers.  He is a pure 3 tech and the best 3 tech in the draft.  The Steelers generally do not play a 3 tech like a classic 4-3.  I think they would do better with a decent 5 tech but Murphy is too good to pass up there.

• Like 1

So chicago trades a 24 year old all-pro CB for a 1st, then doesn't select a corner the rest of the draft? i see you're an eagles fan - you at least had to give up a 3rd and a higher 1st to get AJ Brown. can't use the "we have to give him a contract" argument either because you did the same with AJ

Also, why would chicago trade JF AND a 2nd for a 2nd? that makes no sense - we would be losing a ton of value. we don't HAVE to pay someone to take him, which is what this is. I'd rather keep him for nothing than give up a day 2 pick just to get a day 2 pick back.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Because a 2nd in 2025 is worth the equivalent of an early 3rd this year.

ugh, you're so right. i only focused on the 2nd and not the 3rd in your "either/or" option. let me rephrase it

"Also,, why would chicago trade JF AND a 2nd/3rd for a 2nd?"

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

ugh, you're so right. i only focused on the 2nd and not the 3rd in your "either/or" option. let me rephrase it

"Also,, why would chicago trade JF AND a 2nd/3rd for a 2nd?"

Fields is worth a mid 3rd, imo. That's 200 points on the trade chart.
2025 2nd is worth the equivalent of pick #65 (The first pick of the 3rd round). That's worth 265 points.
That's 465 points worth of tradeable assets.
Pick #43 (The Falcons pick that Chicago receives in the trade) is worth 470 points.
Based on how I personally value Justin Fields in a trade, that trade is as even as it gets.

Edited by Jeezla