NFL COMBINE Feb 29th - March 3rd.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Nice start for DT Braden Fiske (FSU). He looks explosive and controlled in the drills, and the 40 time certainly won’t hurt!

Mekhi Wingo is another guy with some heavy hands and some powerful movement.

I agree. Braden Fiske is more athletic than I thought. 

Trevor Sikkema

.@FSUFootball DT Braden Fiske

HT: 6-3 5/8 (61st percentile)
WT: 292 (16th percentile)
40: 4.78 (97th percentile)
Vert: 33.5 (91st percentile)
Broad: 9’9 (96th percentile)

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

One of the things that seems to become more and more clear is that the DT position is really quite a stacked one at this point. This is one of the concerns I voiced about signing two DTs to big contracts -- seems like there's always a lot of guys available in both FA and the draft that are very capable even-front DT types. The FA market is loaded with these guys again this year, and this group of DTs that is working out right now is showing some of that as well. Seeing a lot of guys out there who could probably be solid starters at a low cost.

EDGE Myles Cole (Tx Tech) just ran a nice 4.69 with some pop off the line. He's a really big guy (6'6, almost 280) and has vines for arms. Some of the longest arms you'll ever see in an EDGE (87-inch wingspan). I didn't really like him on tape, but I didn't watch that much. He seems like quite a lump of clay to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't think it's really possible to frame it as "good," but I don't mind it that much. It's a huge investment he made, and it's a huge decision that will affect the value of his investment. I'd like to be in that room too 😂

If I start hearing that he's giving insight on anything other than his opinions about their communication, personality, leadership, etc., then I'm concerned. I don't want him weighing in on anything football. The good news is that I think his reputation is that he's pretty much hands-off with his GMs.

9 minutes ago, e16bball said:

One of the things that seems to become more and more clear is that the DT position is really quite a stacked one at this point. This is one of the concerns I voiced about signing two DTs to big contracts -- seems like there's always a lot of guys available in both FA and the draft that are very capable even-front DT types. The FA market is loaded with these guys again this year, and this group of DTs that is working out right now is showing some of that as well. Seeing a lot of guys out there who could probably be solid starters at a low cost.

Honestly paying both Payne and Allen surprised me but drafting Phidarian Mathis in the 2nd is unforgivable to me. The dude would be like a 5th or 6th round pick with this draft class. Absolutely no chance he sees a 2nd contract here.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Based on your post J. Allen could be a trade choice. I know it’s a guess but was hearing a 2nd and a 5th

Latu, Chop, and Darius Robinson back-to-back-to-back. 

Nice first run for Latu. Maybe a little stumble but he ends up at . Pretty legit performance for a guy weighing 260, though not special in any way.

Chop making up for a little "choppy" start with a blazing 4.49. He needed that. A little short of the Parsons comp they've been pushing -- Parsons ran a 4.36, although that was at a Pro Day, so probably add about .05 to it.

Darius is not going to be a speed guy, but 4.95 feels lackluster, even at his weight. Those numbers are pretty mediocre amongst the DT group, let alone for a guy you want to be able to use on the EDGE.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly paying both Payne and Allen surprised me but drafting Phidarian Mathis in the 2nd is unforgivable to me. The dude would be like a 5th or 6th round pick with this draft class. Absolutely no chance he sees a 2nd contract here.

Impossible to argue with. It was a panic pick based on short-term roster concerns that only a coach would have made. 

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Darius is not going to be a speed guy, but 4.95 feels lackluster, even at his weight. Those numbers are pretty mediocre amongst the DT group, let alone for a guy you want to be able to use on the EDGE.

Even worse on the second try (5.02). Not too sure what to do with that. Nice vertical jump, pretty mediocre broad. The upper body explosiveness is a big part of what he brings to the table, so you won't see that in the drills -- but it's awfully hard to just manhandle NFL tackles.

I think Jared Verse is a top 10 pick. He's an animal. All of the explosion and violence you see on the film is there at the Combine too. 

Mohamed Kamara (Colorado St) is another guy who is making a nice day for himself. He's been good across the board.

I think we knew Dallas Turner was a burner, but a 4.47 is pretty good proof of that.

I'm low on Edgerrin Cooper compared to the world, but he dropped a nice time at 4.52. A little smaller than I expected.

Have been very interested to see Payton Wilson, how about a 4.44? That boy can move. 

• Like 1