NFL COMBINE Feb 29th - March 3rd.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Thats what I'm saying though. A lot of players, including QBs, hold themselves out of their teams bowl games as well. I want guys that will do all the drills, want to prove themselves everyday. Dan Quinn is a lunch pail guy too. He specifically talked about watching tape of a QB after throwing the interception to see how hard they finished the play. I guarantee it doesn't sit well that anyone, QB or otherwise, refuses to do something.

The combine is dying. A ton of headcoaches aren’t even going anymore. It sucks but it seems to be on its way out. 

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The combine is dying. A ton of headcoaches aren’t even going anymore. It sucks but it seems to be on its way out. 

I think the drills and tests should be more functional to what they will do on a field. Essentially your judged for how well you can train for track and strengths that don’t even translate to a football field. With as many advanced metrics and all the drills trainers use you really think the combine would have gotten ahead and started introducing more translatable drills

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

Anthony Richardson made himself a lot of money last year. CJ Stroud threw at least. 

Richardson moved up from that where he was penciled in, so that was good on him. I don't remember Stroud doing THAT much, but maybe I am wrong - he was mostly seen as a Top 5er already. 

This year, it seems to be heavy that we have the three guys up high. The guy with the most to gain performing for high round 1 is McCarthy. Nix and Penix will look to solidify into the 1st.

I don't completely agree with them not doing ANYTHING, but I do kinda get where they are coming from. They probably have a better chance to lose rather than win anything this weekend. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dane Brugler

Top vertical jumps WRs:

42.5 - Jalen Coker
40 - Xavier Legette
39.5 - Anthony Gould, Ryan Flournoy
39 - Troy Franklin
38.5 - Jermaine Burton
38 - Keon Coleman
37.5 - Cornelius Johnson
37 - Jalen McMillan, Javon Baker
36 - Jacob Cowing, Luke McCaffrey, Ladd McConkey

Top broad jumps WRs:

11-4 Adonai Mitchell
11-1 Jermaine Burton
11-0 Ryan Flournoy
10-9 Anthony Gould
10-8 Jalen Coker
10-7 Keon Coleman, Cornelius Johnson, Jalen McMillan
10-6 Xavier Legette
10-4 Troy Franklin, Ladd McConkey, Tulu Griffin
10-2 Bub Means
10-1 Luke McCaffrey

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So is Jayden Daniels not even being measure and weighed at the combine? It appears both Drake and Caleb were. Drake is pretty damn tall. 

Is says 210 on his prospect page but is that from a weigh in or just the profile stuff?

Posted (edited)

Michael Florio

Fastest 40's among WRs at 2023 #NFLCombine 

- Xavier Worthy, 4.22
- Adonai Mitchell, 4.34
- Brian Thomas Jr, 4.34
- Devontez Walker, 4.36
- Jacob Cowing, 4.38
- Anthony Gould, 4.39
- Xavier Lagette, 4.39
- Ladd McConkey, 4.39
- Roman Wilson, 4.40
- Troy Franklin, 4.41

@lavar703 that’s your guy in 1st. Official time 4.21. He broke the record. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Michael Florio

Fastest 40's among WRs at 2023 #NFLCombine 

- Xavier Worthy, 4.22
- Adonai Mitchell, 4.34
- Brian Thomas Jr, 4.34
- Devontez Walker, 4.36
- Jacob Cowing, 4.38
- Anthony Gould, 4.39
- Xavier Lagette, 4.39
- Ladd McConkey, 4.39
- Roman Wilson, 4.40
- Troy Franklin, 4.41

@lavar703 that’s your guy in 1st. Official time 4.21. He broke the record. 

@ripsean21 has been on him all year as well. Worthy is so good. He’s so smooth on the field. 

• Like 1

I’d already settled on AD Mitchell as my preferred “big” WR at the top of the 2nd, over Coleman, but that probably settles it. 

Feel like there’s a 0.0% chance that Worthy gets past the Chiefs now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

Is says 210 on his prospect page but is that from a weigh in or just the profile stuff?

That's never been substantiated. Just a listed weight by LSU but there is no way that guy is 210lbs lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That's never been substantiated. Just a listed weight by LSU but there is no way that guy is 210lbs lol

That is what I was trying to determine because there is no difference in the display between the players who actually weighed in.

12 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’d already settled on AD Mitchell as my preferred “big” WR at the top of the 2nd, over Coleman, but that probably settles it. 

Coleman's 40 is going to be the big talk but he looked GREAT on the gauntlet. I'd be good with either option.