NCOUGHDOGGY #24 post combine mock

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Unrealistic but like a number players especially Jenkins, Rice, Coleman and Wright. Love that we get OL, WR and RB in the draft and that we target 2-3rd round as I think that’s the strength of the draft. 

I prefer Wilson to Cooper but not the first time we’ve disagreed on LBs. 🤪🍻

At least I’m not taking lbs in the 1st round 🍻I know you love when I do that

wilson didn’t really jump off the screen when I watched the games and a 40 time isn’t gonna change my opinion 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Crazy how some who sware it’s a team sport w/l aren’t on a qb but given  the opportunity would trade multiple and future picks for a qb. 🍻lol go figure 

this draft is crazy 

I would trade our last 7 FRPs combined for Caleb Williams

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I would trade our last 7 FRPs combined for Caleb Williams

The same that push trading multiple picks be the first to complain about how the qb needed a team to be successful and it’s a team game 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The same that push trading multiple picks be the first to complain about how the qb needed a team to be successful and it’s a team game 

It is a team game but which team won the superbowl last season? The team with the better overall roster or the team with an A+ QB?

Mahomes can’t do it all on his own but he’s certainly someone who can win a close game. That’s why no one was surprised that he scored a TD in overtime. 

35 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

It is a team game but which team won the superbowl last season? The team with the better overall roster or the team with an A+ QB?

Mahomes can’t do it all on his own but he’s certainly someone who can win a close game. That’s why no one was surprised that he scored a TD in overtime. 

Mahomes and the Chiefs are sort of the new/current definition of the outlook though. 

Mahomes came into a good team ready to compete and put them over the hump. He's kept them there, but each season it's getting just a bit less magical and a little harder as the team around him diminishes. 

When it stops is anyone's guess. But I think it shows that you gotta actually get to the point you're legitimately competing THEN get your stud QB and ride the wave til it breaks. Drafting a guy THEN trying to build around him takes too long and gets too pricey too quickly. It's why I'm not entirely opposed to skipping QB this year and letting our core marinate one more year, hopefully as a semi-decent competitor. 

The teams recently that have drafted the stud to build around from the ground up haven't really seen the payoff, imo. The QB stats may be good, but the overall results are pretty underwhelming. Jacksonville is going to have to pay Lawrence soon, and he has 1 playoff appearance. Kyler has 1. Both teams took the QB first approach and now what. Granted, it's far from a perfect science. Herbert walked into a grand spot and only has 1 playoff appearance as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The teams recently that have drafted the stud to build around from the ground up haven't really seen the payoff, imo. The QB stats may be good, but the overall results are pretty underwhelming. Jacksonville is going to have to pay Lawrence soon, and he has 1 playoff appearance. Kyler has 1. Both teams took the QB first approach and now what. Granted, it's far from a perfect science. Herbert walked into a grand spot and only has 1 playoff appearance as well. 

What about Burrow and Stroud?

Just now, NYRaider said:

What about Burrow and Stroud?

Burrow is a strange one. I felt like Cincy had the foundation laid, and had been solid but held onto Dalton too long. They've retooled and over time it has become more of a total rebuild, as it will. 

Stroud, I'll give you. My only caveat being I thought Houston was a lot more competitive in 2021-2022 than given credit for and they loaded up prior to the Stroud pick. Finished product, no. But they were clearly making the effort (and seemingly nailing those picks). 

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Mahomes and the Chiefs are sort of the new/current definition of the outlook though. 

Mahomes came into a good team ready to compete and put them over the hump. He's kept them there, but each season it's getting just a bit less magical and a little harder as the team around him diminishes. 

When it stops is anyone's guess. But I think it shows that you gotta actually get to the point you're legitimately competing THEN get your stud QB and ride the wave til it breaks. Drafting a guy THEN trying to build around him takes too long and gets too pricey too quickly. It's why I'm not entirely opposed to skipping QB this year and letting our core marinate one more year, hopefully as a semi-decent competitor. 

What picks did kc give up for patty

58 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Whe

59 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Pick 27+91 for #10 (patty) isn’t giving up multiple firsts 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Burrow is a strange one. I felt like Cincy had the foundation laid, and had been solid but held onto Dalton too long. They've retooled and over time it has become more of a total rebuild, as it will. 

Stroud, I'll give you. My only caveat being I thought Houston was a lot more competitive in 2021-2022 than given credit for and they loaded up prior to the Stroud pick. Finished product, no. But they were clearly making the effort (and seemingly nailing those picks). 

The thing about taking a QB early is you have to hit on the right one and you know almost immediately. The odds that you're going to be a contender without a QB and then be able to get into position to draft one are pretty slim. The Chiefs are an outlier, the 49ers tried to do the same thing and it completely backfired.