NCOUGHDOGGY #24 post combine mock

Its that time again

Im not trading up just to clear the air I can start in round 2 and still get a good draft.

*all these trades were from pro football mock engine that they proposed and i accepted gladly*

with the big 3 qbs gone at pick 13

-the saints call I trade #13 (latham) & #77(beau brade) and get #14 & #45

-cowboys call and I trade #14(keon coleman) and get #24, 56 and 213

-bills call and I trade #24(adonai mitchell) & #113(malik washington) and get #28 & #60

-lions call and I trade #28 (koolaid) and get #29 & #92

-ariz calls and I trade #29 (nate wiggins) & 147 (eboigbe) and get 35, 66, 224

now lets get it cookin

#35) Kingsley Suamataia / OT/ BYU

much needed Ot help 

#44) Michael Penix Jr / QB/ Washington

qb of the future def injury concerns but the talent is there and he can start  day 1

-trade #45(braswell) to rams for #52 and #99

#52) Edgerrin Cooper/ LB/ Texas a&m

solid LB complete the unit

#56) Troy Fautanu / OG/OT / Washington

oline  solidified

#60) Max Melton / CB / Rutgers

my fav cb in the draft

#66) Kris Jenkins / DT / Michigan

stout idl help

#92) Brenden Rice / WR/ Usc

my fav wr in the draft

trade #99(fiske), 224(cephus), 227(dylan mcmahon) and get #124 &#128

#124) Theo Johnson / TE / Penn St

good te depth

#128) Jaylen Wright / RB / Tenn

sleeper rb great compliment to zues

#210) Charles Turner / OC/ Lsu

great iol depth

#213) jaylin Simpson / S / Auburn

#221) Isaac Guerendo / Rb / Louisville

go ahead a roast away

Id love it if we were this active in moving down and securing what 5 second round picks. 
Penix in the second round is great value to me if we miss out on the top 3. Im still thinking someone will take him in 1st for the extra year. Who knows though.

we get an Ot, QB, LB, OG, CB and dt by early 3rd Ill be in heaven lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Id love it if we were this active in moving down and securing what 5 second round picks. 
Penix in the second round is great value to me if we miss out on the top 3. Im still thinking someone will take him in 1st for the extra year. Who knows though.

we get an Ot, QB, LB, OG, CB and dt by early 3rd Ill be in heaven lol

I think 2nd and 3rd round has some gems that aren’t to far off the big named first rounders. I wasn’t going to over draft pennix but the way the board fell jj lasted so I knew he’d be there at 44. 🍻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, true2form said:

I like the players.  So many trades isn't realistic though.

This is what I was thinking.  No way we trade back like 4-5x from the first round.  Eventually we'd stand pat and pull the trigger on someone.  Crazy luck that Penix lasted until pick 44.  I mean it's possible.  But who really knows.  We won't know until draft night whether or not 2-3 QBs go in the first, or 6-7.  Can't trust the media.  They hype up 5-10 QBs every year and then the draft plays out completely different than they anticipated.  Mel Kiper will have a top 10 player lasting until the 3rd-5th round because 32 teams didn't agree with his assessment.

But yeah, this was a neat little mock draft that wouldn't happen in a million years.  Lol.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

This is what I was thinking.  No way we trade back like 4-5x from the first round.  Eventually we'd stand pat and pull the trigger on someone.  Crazy luck that Penix lasted until pick 44.  I mean it's possible.  But who really knows.  We won't know until draft night whether or not 2-3 QBs go in the first, or 6-7.  Can't trust the media.  They hype up 5-10 QBs every year and then the draft plays out completely different than they anticipated.  Mel Kiper will have a top 10 player lasting until the 3rd-5th round because 32 teams didn't agree with his assessment.

But yeah, this was a neat little mock draft that wouldn't happen in a million years.  Lol.

Yup I wish we would trade down I wasn’t too picky about the trade values either. Everything can change easily after fa

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Thats some fun stuff rt there cough. I would definitely love this draft. Good prospects at the right positions, no reaches. Yes, we all know that many trades won't happen but damn good work nonetheless. 

Yea I think you can draft good without high picks. I love teams that trade down and still ace the draft. Imo this draft has a sweet spot in rounds 2-3 with a great collection of talent. 

• Like 1

I try to avoid trades on mock sims, but 13 is a good spot this year. 

Washington called for 13 (Daniels) and we struck: 13, 210, 221, 227 for 36, 40, 67, 103, 181 (initial offer was 36, Was 2025 1st, 3rd). 

No other trades were made and I walked off with this:

36. Michael Penix, QB Washington. I'm happy with it. It was down to Penix and Nix as expected. 

40. Jordan Morgan, OT Arizona. 

44. Leonard Taylor, DT Miami.

67. Payton Wilson, LB NCSt

77. Jalen McMillan, WR Washington 

103. Trevin Wallace, LB Kentucky 

113. Brandon Coleman, OG TCU

147. Johnny Dixon, CB Penn St

181. Blake Watson, RB Memphis 

I'm happy with it. McMillan was a luxury pick, I wanted to go CB earlier, but Wallace and Coleman got in the way as too good to pass up and need fillers. Dixon being available at 147 was a huge surprise and no-brainer. It came down to Watson or Dillon Johnson at 181 (or Mohamed Kamara, Edge Colorado St). I took Watson as insurance. 

How realistic? Idk. I feel like Washington could be desperate to move up though. 

Good mock Cough.  

Kinda boring, without splashy picks, however this is the type of draft that improves the team with a ton of cost controlled lunch pail guys for the future. 

I’ve warmed up to Penix quite a bit.  His combine medicals were huge, would be thrilled to have him in the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I try to avoid trades on mock sims, but 13 is a good spot this year. 

Washington called for 13 (Daniels) and we struck: 13, 210, 221, 227 for 36, 40, 67, 103, 181 (initial offer was 36, Was 2025 1st, 3rd). 

No other trades were made and I walked off with this:

36. Michael Penix, QB Washington. I'm happy with it. It was down to Penix and Nix as expected. 

40. Jordan Morgan, OT Arizona. 

44. Leonard Taylor, DT Miami.

67. Payton Wilson, LB NCSt

77. Jalen McMillan, WR Washington 

103. Trevin Wallace, LB Kentucky 

113. Brandon Coleman, OG TCU

147. Johnny Dixon, CB Penn St

181. Blake Watson, RB Memphis 

I'm happy with it. McMillan was a luxury pick, I wanted to go CB earlier, but Wallace and Coleman got in the way as too good to pass up and need fillers. Dixon being available at 147 was a huge surprise and no-brainer. It came down to Watson or Dillon Johnson at 181 (or Mohamed Kamara, Edge Colorado St). I took Watson as insurance. 

How realistic? Idk. I feel like Washington could be desperate to move up though. 

Nice I might make another more basic mock right before the draft like your thinking and selections 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Good mock Cough.  

Kinda boring, without splashy picks, however this is the type of draft that improves the team with a ton of cost controlled lunch pail guys for the future. 

I’ve warmed up to Penix quite a bit.  His combine medicals were huge, would be thrilled to have him in the 2nd. 

That’s exactly my line of thinking when I do mocks. Try to get most bang for my buck. I think rice might’ve been the only guy I over drafted but he’s a must have imo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s exactly my line of thinking when I do mocks. Try to get most bang for my buck. I think rice might’ve been the only guy I over drafted but he’s a must have imo

Same. 

I simply cannot ascribe to 1 pick being a definitive fix and franchise savior. We see guys called such all the time amd it's never true. If I can get 3 guys I really like in exchange for a guy I love, I'm almost always taking the 3. 

Or, if there's an opportunity to trade down and wind up with 2-3 borderline 1st round guys, 100% taking those odds. In mine, grabbing Penix, Morgan, and Taylor was huge for me. I didn't save it, but I was also only a pick or two away from Byron Murphy and Troy Fanutanu. I could easily foregone or moved around some of the day 3 selections to move up if trade-happy. 

I'm not opposed to trading back up for a guy. The only thing I cannot do is trade up from initial seeding by giving up a ton. Trade down and the yo-yo it to collect extra pieces, but don't go all-in. Not with how far off we still really are. 

On 3/5/2024 at 3:16 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Its that time again

Im not trading up just to clear the air I can start in round 2 and still get a good draft.

*all these trades were from pro football mock engine that they proposed and i accepted gladly*

with the big 3 qbs gone at pick 13

-the saints call I trade #13 (latham) & #77(beau brade) and get #14 & #45

-cowboys call and I trade #14(keon coleman) and get #24, 56 and 213

-bills call and I trade #24(adonai mitchell) & #113(malik washington) and get #28 & #60

-lions call and I trade #28 (koolaid) and get #29 & #92

-ariz calls and I trade #29 (nate wiggins) & 147 (eboigbe) and get 35, 66, 224

now lets get it cookin

#35) Kingsley Suamataia / OT/ BYU

much needed Ot help 

#44) Michael Penix Jr / QB/ Washington

qb of the future def injury concerns but the talent is there and he can start  day 1

-trade #45(braswell) to rams for #52 and #99

#52) Edgerrin Cooper/ LB/ Texas a&m

solid LB complete the unit

#56) Troy Fautanu / OG/OT / Washington

oline  solidified

#60) Max Melton / CB / Rutgers

my fav cb in the draft

#66) Kris Jenkins / DT / Michigan

stout idl help

#92) Brenden Rice / WR/ Usc

my fav wr in the draft

trade #99(fiske), 224(cephus), 227(dylan mcmahon) and get #124 &#128

#124) Theo Johnson / TE / Penn St

good te depth

#128) Jaylen Wright / RB / Tenn

sleeper rb great compliment to zues

#210) Charles Turner / OC/ Lsu

great iol depth

#213) jaylin Simpson / S / Auburn

#221) Isaac Guerendo / Rb / Louisville

go ahead a roast away

Unrealistic but like a number players especially Jenkins, Rice, Coleman and Wright. Love that we get OL, WR and RB in the draft and that we target 2-3rd round as I think that’s the strength of the draft. 

I prefer Wilson to Cooper but not the first time we’ve disagreed on LBs. 🤪🍻