#4 Georgia Bulldogs Thread 1-0 | Auburn next up

coors

• 3 weeks later...

We defeated Baylor for the Sugar Bowl championship last night.  A couple takeaways from the game: 

George Pickens is a legit #1 going into next season.  This was a great coming out game for him, as he dominated the first half.  Baylor contained him in the second, but it was over.  

Zamir White took a step forward.  He was the featured back after injuries happened, and delivered with a TD, 92 yards with a 5.1 YPC average.  This is very promising after Zeus had both of his knee reconstructed in consecutive years.  

Another great performance by the defense, limiting Baylor to 14 points and under 300 yards of total offense.  The defense kept up the pressure all night and kept Baylor in long situations that they couldn't convert, and generated three turnovers (without any from us.) . 

Meanwhile, it came out on the pre-game broadcast that Jake Fromm has put his paperwork into the NFL to declare for the draft, but has not made an official decision yet.  He struggled down the stretch, but has a great final game of film.  Which worries me for Richard LeCounte- he had a fantastic game and has proved to be one of the best on the defense.  It would not surprise me to see him declare for the draft.  

On the recruiting front, Zach Evans is delaying his signing again, but from what we already have recruited and how well our RBs typically perform, if he wants to go somewhere else, let him.  

Welcome to UGA Kalee Ringo!  He is the top corner in the country.  

Richard LeCounte is returning for his senior season. 

D'Andre Swift declared for the draft 

Scott Fountain is out as special teams coach.  Current speculation is that Todd Hartley could be tapped for double duty with tight ends and special teams.  

Fromm is out, PTL!!!!

Cade Mays is out to Tennessee via the transfer portal in a very strange way.  There has to be more information than what's out there.  

Solomon Kindley is also out, meaning we could have all five starting linemen to replace next year if Ben Cleveland is indeed academically ineligible. 

LB Monty Rice is returning for his senior season

Former 4* safety Otis Reese is in the transfer portal 

Jamie Newman is in.  I think he is just what the offense needs- he's got a strong arm to move the ball downfield, and his mobility will help design some runs, but most importantly, help when the plays break down since the offensive line is going to be very green next year- barring some other moves through the transfer portal.  I also didn't know he worked with Quincy Avery, which is a huge plus in my book.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...