Cousins to test the FA market

vike daddy

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

LOL every starting QB in the league who aren't on their rookie contract (minus Jordan Love) are earning over 20M. 
Kirk will get over 35M/year easily. He's not high tier but he's a FA, he's going to get paid like he was high tier anyway

I wasn't talking about what he's going to get, I'm talking about what he's worth. I realize some dumbass GM is gonna overpay him like he's the second coming of Brady.

4 hours ago, 4thandInches said:

Much like him, I think you’re in for a reality shock.

Let's remind people that Daniel Jones makes $40 million a year coming off a year he threw....15 TDs. 

All it takes is one dumb team and let's be honest there's 3-5 desperate QB teams in free agency not counting the vikings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Kirk Cousins isn't "high tier". He's not even worth half that amount.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

He's 8th all time.

Granted Jimmy G is higher than Tom Brady so take that with a grain of salt but I feel like cousins not being a "top 15" QB makes him at least high tier in terms of best QB to hit free agency since....Cousins?

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The non elite QB contracts over the last two years:

Derek Carr - 4 yr/$150M

Jimmy G - 3 yr/$73M

Baker Mayfield - 3 yr/$100M

Geno Smith - 3 yr/$105M

Yeah Kirk Cousins is better than any of those 4 by a solid margin. Injury aside the production speaks for itself.

• Like 2

Man we're still underrating Cousins??

He's a fringe top ten QB who is hitting the market. Remember what Christian Kirk (and any other insane contracts) got?

I wouldn't be shocked if someone signs him for 2 years 100 million

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xmad said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

He's 8th all time.

Granted Jimmy G is higher than Tom Brady so take that with a grain of salt but I feel like cousins not being a "top 15" QB makes him at least high tier in terms of best QB to hit free agency since....Cousins?

Yeah Kirk Cousins is better than any of those 4 by a solid margin. Injury aside the production speaks for itself.

Whoopie. Jared Goff has a higher career passer rating than Joe Montana.

Having a high passer rating isn't particularly difficult in today's NFL when defenders are more handcuffed than ever.

32 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

He's a stat sheet stuffer and little else.

as you said about yourself in one of your mocks, you really don't follow the Vikings much or understand their needs and situation. this is what you said about yourself, remember?

"Well excuse me for not being as familiar with a team over 1,000 miles from where I grew up as I am with...you know, the team that I root for."

while regarding Cousins as a stat stuffer in his earlier years with WASH might have been mostly correct, it's really not now. the last couple of years in MINN he has really ascended to be extremely capable and reliable in running complex offensive schemes. he's very accurate and moves the ball around well to a variety of receivers. Both Jefferson and Hockenson, and the rookie Addison, have had exemplary years with Cousins behind center.

i'd rather see him move on from the Vikings and we start up a new personnel gameplan moving forward, but that's because of Cousins' cost and that he only has a couple of years left in him. but he's still damn good, or at least was before his injury.

you have an outdated view of Cousins' capabilities, but that's ok. like what you were asking for before, you're excused.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

as you said about yourself in one of your mocks, you really don't follow the Vikings much or understand their needs and situation. this is what you said about yourself, remember?

"Well excuse me for not being as familiar with a team over 1,000 miles from where I grew up as I am with...you know, the team that I root for."

while regarding Cousins as a stat stuffer in his earlier years with WASH might have been mostly correct, it's really not now. the last couple of years in MINN he has really ascended to be extremely capable and reliable in running complex offensive schemes. he's very accurate and moves the ball around well to a variety of receivers. Both Jefferson and Hockenson, and the rookie Addison, have had exemplary years with Cousins behind center.

i'd rather see him move on from the Vikings and we start up a new personnel gameplan moving forward, but that's because of Cousins' cost and that he only has a couple of years left in him. but he's still damn good, or at least was before his injury.

you have an outdated view of Cousins' capabilities, but that's ok. like what you were asking for before, you're excused.

And all of this has resulted in exactly *checks notes* ONE playoff win in over a decade of playing.