Jets trade for Hassan Reddick

adamq

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

No he is not in my opinion.

Of course you heard it by probably biased Eagles announcers.  He is very good and could become great but the best player in the draft, that is no sure thing at all.  CJ Stroud had arguably the best rookie season in NFL history at QB and Will Anderson Jr is Will Anderson Jr.  And how elite and rare those corners and running backs could become is just about as rare as finding a elite DT.  

Carter to me was super motivated last year and fell into a great position where he was able to instantly feel comfortable with that many former teammates on the roster.  But will he be able to stay that consistent and motivated, I am not sure.  If I was to bet who will be more consistent and motivated long term, it would be CJ Stroud and Will Anderson Jr not Jalen Carter.  

Sure Carter will be a Pro Bowl level or All Pro talent, but the absolute best in the 2023 draft is a stretch as is a top 5 DT next year and the years up coming.  

Heard it from all over, including probably your favorite draft analyst too. We really forgetting this stuff already? And my man, how many times do I have to explain to you I'm not talking about what happened this past year. The only point I'm trying to make by bringing up draft pedigree is his ceiling/ talent/tools in response to your belief that no DT on he Eagles can become Quinnen Williams or better. Based on what he has physically in his body, as well as his very good DT rookie year, he can certainly become a Quinnen Williams-esque player.