Moretti's Spring Break Mock!

Green Bay Packers 2024 draft picks

• #25 (original 1st)
Oregon image Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
Height: 6-3. Weight: 334.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2024): 1-2.

3/9/24: It took some time over an odd journey, but eventually Powers-Johnson turned himself into an impactful player for the Ducks. Back in 2021, he was a backup who played defensive line in an emergency role to close out that season. He was back to being a backup in 2022, but took over as the starting center in 2023 and had a superb season. Powers-Johnson is a heavy center who looks like a safe pick to be a solid pro starter. He is a strong run blocker and reliable in pass protection.

usa_today_21704566.0.jpg

• #41 (Jets’ 2nd — Aaron Rodgers trade)
Alabama image Chris Braswell, DE/OLB, Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 255.
40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2024): 2-3.

3/16/24: In 2023, Braswell recorded 42 tackles, eight sacks, three forced fumbles, one interception and a pass batted. He is a fast edge rusher with upside.

092323_MFB_BraswellCh_OleMiss_OCH3415.jp

• #58 (original 2nd)
Miami image Kamren Kinchens*, S, Miami
Height: 5-11. Weight: 203.
40 Time: 4.65.

3/9/24: Kinchens was phenomenal in 2023. Despite missing time with a head/neck injury, Kinchens came back to the field and picked up where he left off in 2022 as an elite playmaker on the back end. In 2023 over 10 games played, Kinchens totaled 59 tackles, six interceptions and five passes batted. Kinchens is not a workout warrior, but he is a very good football player.

Kinchens-Kamren-Alamy-scaled.jpg?w=956&h

• #88 (original 3rd)
Yale image Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale
Height: 6-5. Weight: 323.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.
Projected Round (2024): 2-4.

3/9/24: Amegadjie impressed area scouts with his play at Yale. Along with doing well on the field, Amegadjie has an NFL body with height, weight, and long arms – 36.13 inches. Amegadjie has a good skill set to work with, but he is a developmental project who needs work in terms of his technique, footwork and instincts.

kiran-amegadjie-draft-profile-yale-ot-sc

• #91 (Bills’ 3rd — Rasul Douglas trade)
North Carolina image Cedric Gray, ILB, North Carolina
Height: 6-1. Weight: 232.
40 Time: 4.64.

3/16/24: In 2023, Gray collected 121 tackles, five sacks, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, one interception and four passes defended. Team sources have said Gray has good instincts, but he misses a lot of tackles. He’s not super athletic, but he plays downhill and runs well. Those sources said they think Gray is a very good player overall with good size, length, and great football character. Multiple team sources project Gray to go on Day 2 of the 2024 NFL Draft, but he could sneak into the first round if he runs and tests well.

9/2/23: Gray was one of the best linebackers in college football in 2022, and he was super productive for the Tar Heels. On the year, Gray recorded 144 tackles, three forced fumbles, two interceptions, six passes broken up and one sack. In 2021, he totaled 99 tackles, 2.5 sacks, two interceptions, one forced fumble and three pass breakups.

Cedric-Gray-Draft-Profile-North-Carolina

• #125 (original 4th)
Notre Dame image Marist Liufau, ILB, Notre Dame
Height: 6-2. Weight: 239.
40 Time: 4.64.
Projected Round (2024): 3-5.

3/16/24: Liufau impressed team sources in 2023, recording 44 tackles, three sacks and a forced fumble. In 2022 as a first-season starter, he totaled 51 tackles, an interception, .5 sacks and a pass defended. Liufau missed the 2021 season with an injury.

Pro evaluators say they love how Liufau is extremely fast and athletic. They labelled his instincts as good but not great, but he is very violent and can play stacked or rush the quarterback. They state he is a different kind of player with an exceptional skill set. Liufau could be a nice sleeper value pick.

3267fb_928211554c7644a0ba7fce275bb77a52~

• #168 (compensatory 5th — Allen Lazard)
Georgia image Marcus Rosemary-Jacksaint, WR, Georgia
Height: 6-1. Weight: 195.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2024): 4-6.

3/30/24: Rosemy-Jacksaint caught 34 passes in 2023 for 535 yards and four touchdowns. During 2022, he recorded 29 catches for 337 yards and two scores. Rosemy-Jacksaint has quality size and some quickness. He put together a solid week of practice at the Senior Bowl.

USATSI_21927428.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

• #201 (original 6th)
Ole Miss image Deantre Prince, CB, Ole Miss
Height: 6-0. Weight: 183.
40 Time: 4.38.
Projected Round (2024): 4-6.

3/9/24: Prince is a fast cornerback, but has a thin frame. In 2023, he recorded 36 tackles, an interception and five passes defended. Over The previous three seasons, he totaled five interceptions and 16 breakups.

65df95aa7d087.image.jpg?resize=1396,930

• #219 (compensatory 6th — Jarran Reed)
Texas A&M image McKinnley Jackson, DT, Texas A&M
Height: 6-1. Weight: 331.
40 Time: 5.26.
Projected Round (2024): 5-7.

3/16/24: Jackson is a heavy nose tackle who did a nice job as a run stuffer for the Aggies in 2023. He put up 27 tackles and three sacks on the year. For the NFL, Jackson is a heavy nose tackle who will probably come off the field in the sub package. He had a respectable week of practice at the Senior Bowl.

1793808222.jpg

• #245 (original 7th)
BYU image Kedon Slovis, QB, BYU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 213. Hand: 9.88.
Projected 40 Time: 4.90.
Projected Round (2024): 6-FA.

3/26/24: Slovis completed 58 percent of his passes in 2023 for 1,716 yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions. He had a nice day of throwing the ball at the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine.

kedon-slovis-pittsburgh-panthers.jpg

• #255 (compensatory 7th — Dean Lowry)
South Dakota State image Garrett Greenfield, OT, South Dakota State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 311.
40 Time: 5.22.
Projected Round (2024): 7-FA.

3/9/24: Greenfield needed to get to an all-star game and stand out. He did not receive a Senior Bowl invitation, but he held his own at the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine.

Garret-Greenfield.jpg

• Like 3

I have to agree. The players may not be the most popular, but the entire body of work is logical given our track record, but our track record also tells us that we bring in guys for a reason. Many of our Day 3 picks are guys whom we've given an invite.

God, I really shouldn't like an IOL in the first round.  But dang, JPJ would be kind of perfect.  He'd be a great pick.

Braswell?  Little small for what we like on the edge, and he is not an off ball linebacker.  Still, at that pick, there is value with that pick.

I think it is too early for Kinchens, but I could see Gute liking the kid.

I like Kiran and Gray.  

Don't know much about the others, but I see a corner, a development OT (or guard), and a QB who we should not draft 

Well thought out, like it a lot minus Braswell at that spot.  Really scratches our itches and at the same time mostly very plausible.  

I really like McKinnley Jackson and would be shocked to see him slide that far south.  He and Greenfield I see going noticeably sooner.

Edited by 15412

12 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Thank you for the comments. I really like JPJ and think he would be an instant impact player creating lanes in the run game. I have him playing RG.

I see him as an elite center.  I'm putting him there immediately and letting Myers fight it out with Rhyan for RG.

I get why you want him at RG.  That plugs a hole and then he could slide to C when/if Myers leaves.

But that man is an elite center, through and through and I want him up the middle.  If Love likes himself some Myers at center, he is going to flat out adore JPJ in that role.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I see him as an elite center.  I'm putting him there immediately and letting Myers fight it out with Rhyan for RG.

I get why you want him at RG.  That plugs a hole and then he could slide to C when/if Myers leaves.

But that man is an elite center, through and through and I want him up the middle.  If Love likes himself some Myers at center, he is going to flat out adore JPJ in that role.

With defensive tackles impacting the game so much now I can actually see Guard and Center being valued more. 

I would be happy with him at either guard or center.