Rashee Rice Thread

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Eh, I mean, they didn't even have an arrest warrant out for him at that point. His lawyer didn't have to admit publicly that he was driving the vehicle yet either. Those two things, to me, say very publicly that they are cooperating, and the only instance where that gains them anything is if they're working with prosecutors to settle this without a big showy court case. If they wanted to make an example out of him, you wouldn't see public admissions from Rice and his representation, and you probably would've seen an actual arrest warrant. You'd get a lot more no comments and shows of strength. Everything that has happened so far has all the looks of Rice and his lawyers working with prosecutors to make this easier for everyone. He won't want jail time, they won't want a long, drawn out trial with a public figure.

Could be wrong. And maybe more details come out that derail this further. But this doesn't look to me like they're going to fight tooth and nail to throw every possible charge they can find at him. They gain little from doing so, anyway.

Hope you’re right, also hope that they at some point are forthcoming with KC about it.  We know what happens when you don’t speak the truth, regardless of who you are.

Also, we might need to take a break on character issue guys. I know Andy likes to save dudes, but at some point KC needs to calm down for a bit.

14 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Hope you’re right, also hope that they at some point are forthcoming with KC about it.  We know what happens when you don’t speak the truth, regardless of who you are.

Also, we might need to take a break on character issue guys. I know Andy likes to save dudes, but at some point KC needs to calm down for a bit.

The trouble is you don't really always know. Like, Tyreek was a known thing, but that was ages ago at this point. Did Rice have any history of anything before this? Did Willie Gay have any record before beating up the vacuum cleaner? Like, Rice was much cleaner from a personal perspective as a draft prospect than like, Travis Kelce or Justin Houston, if we're being honest. It's just hard to know at that point. And the money tends to amplify any known or as of yet undiscovered personality flaws, I would say.

44 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

The trouble is you don't really always know. Like, Tyreek was a known thing, but that was ages ago at this point. Did Rice have any history of anything before this? Did Willie Gay have any record before beating up the vacuum cleaner? Like, Rice was much cleaner from a personal perspective as a draft prospect than like, Travis Kelce or Justin Houston, if we're being honest. It's just hard to know at that point. And the money tends to amplify any known or as of yet undiscovered personality flaws, I would say.

There were apparently questions about the people Rice chose to be around of the field according to one article, which could be a direct link to this occurrence but again. But you’re Right, Tyreek had far more up front issues. Which have just continued.

Can tell you one thing, I hit the lotto on Saturday and I’m never racing in Dallas streets.  I’ll never drive in a city again! Pay someone to do that noise.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

There were apparently questions about the people Rice chose to be around of the field according to one article, which could be a direct link to this occurrence but again. But you’re Right, Tyreek had far more up front issues. Which have just continued.

Can tell you one thing, I hit the lotto on Saturday and I’m never racing in Dallas streets.  I’ll never drive in a city again! Pay someone to do that noise.

Rashee will pay someone to drive him. He'll have no choice.

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents here, but I can imagine if the NFL wants to treat this as a lesson to any future draft choices or 1st. yr. players to "get yourself under control", the NFL will give RR a suspension penalty that fits the crime. I could see 4-6 games. I'd prepare for this.

Edited by mayanfootball

Coming out and owning the mistake was big.

It would have been better if he had never started the race, but the optics have been serviced. They can throw money at the civil side, ie the injured people and the damaged cars. It will serve as grease for the judicial wheels. Some plea deal will eventually occur. Look at Frank Clark last season. 

20 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Just my 2 cents here, but I can imagine if the NFL wants to treat this as a lesson to any future draft choices or 1st. yr. players to "get yourself under control", the NFL will give RR a suspension penalty that fits the crime. I could see 4-6 games. I'd prepare for this.

I am expecting the same. And that would be very justified on the NFL's side.

17 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Coming out and owning the mistake was big.

I disagree on this one. Does it look “right” sure, but I certainly don’t think it proves anything. Least of all that he learned anything besides you can get around the law. Ran from police until he was at least sober. Saying through written comments exactly what his legal council is telling him too. He’s not owning up to anything. He just didn’t deny he was there.  He’s going to do what he can to make sure everyone is taken care of in terms of property damage. 

I also love the lawyer trying to go full pity party.  Sorry, he made the choice to be stupid.  Like they said in Batman Begins , “It’s not who we are underneath, but what we do that defines us.”

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 1:56 PM, mayanfootball said:

IF as some have said he come out with misdemeanor charges I could see the 6 games, but this is something I’ve been thinking about. Relate this to Henry Ruggs situation. Obviously Ruggs accident ended worse.  But was his risk higher? Do circumstances come into play. The Highway was unfortunately for Ruggs and the Lady and Dog that lost their life ALMOST completely empty at 3am or whenever it was.

Rice and Friends were doing this at 6pm on Easter Sunday the road was fairly busy, and its sheer dumb luck someone wasn’t seriously injured or worse.  We know the league/commissioners office has basically no guidelines for this type of thing and their punishments in “one off” situations vary.  That will be interesting to me.

3 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rashee-rice-faces-multiple-potential-charges-from-street-racing-crash

I know as it sounds I’m the grey cloud on this topic.  This article talks a little bit about what could happen.

Don't link to Florio, man. I get you're worried, but pick literally any other source to read regarding this team.

5 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

IF as some have said he come out with misdemeanor charges I could see the 6 games, but this is something I’ve been thinking about. Relate this to Henry Ruggs situation. Obviously Ruggs accident ended worse.  But was his risk higher? Do circumstances come into play. The Highway was unfortunately for Ruggs and the Lady and Dog that lost their life ALMOST completely empty at 3am or whenever it was.

Rice and Friends were doing this at 6pm on Easter Sunday the road was fairly busy, and its sheer dumb luck someone wasn’t seriously injured or worse.  We know the league/commissioners office has basically no guidelines for this type of thing and their punishments in “one off” situations vary.  That will be interesting to me.

The link I posted from Seth Keysor in the OP talks about this:

From a legal perspective? What “could have” happened is almost never something that’s factored in. Do you know what the difference is between a misdemeanor DWI and a felony CVO in many (maybe most) cases? Luck. Pure, stupid, blind luck. I’ve prosecuted many people who were so impaired that it felt like a miracle they didn’t kill anyone as they swerved all over the road or crashed into a building or rolled onto the sidewalk. But the law, in cases like this, generally doesn’t prosecute what “could” have happened. It only prosecutes what did happen. And in that sense, Rice may be extremely lucky from a legal standpoint (we’ll see).

Luck or not, right or wrong, this is how these things go. And this is true in a number of criminal offenses. The difference between assault and murder can similarly just be a matter of luck in the moment. The penalty, though, is based on what did happen. Not what could've, or how likely it or something else were to happen.

I honestly don’t think he’s getting that big of a suspension. I’m thinking a couple games. But they’ve been heavy handed against us lately so could see more. 

I also don’t think it’s ever smart to admit to a crime, particularly publicly, so it’s very strange that his lawyer did. I figure since his name is on the rental agreement they’re just gonna assume he was driving anyways. Must have something cooking with the prosecutor like others have alluded too, but you lose all leverage confessing right out the gate. 

Either way, this was a douchenozzle move all around. To abandon a family you crashed into on Easter is rather despicable. I get the DUI angle of it, but that just compounds the idiocy. But it’s one incident, I’m not gonna let the actions of a young 20 year old define him. Just smarten up kid, and quickly. This ship will leave the dock without you.

16 hours ago, Chiefer said:

figure since his name is on the rental agreement they’re just gonna assume he was driving anyways. Must have something cooking with the prosecutor like others have alluded too, but you lose all leverage confessing right out the gate

The video of him getting out second didn’t really leave a lot of room for interpretation either.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

The video of him getting out second didn’t really leave a lot of room for interpretation either.

Still doesn’t prove he was driving at all