First & Final Steelers Mock Draft

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia (6'8'', 340, 40: 5.07)

I was between Mims or JC Latham from Alabama but I think the Steelers continue the trend of taking bulldogs in the draft. Mims has unbelievable potential with his physical traits. His only real negative is that he has limited playing experience. He has good technique, so I am not worried about the experience. Mims will give the opportunity to move Jones to LT, where he should be playing. I think Mims will take over the starting spot after 5-7 games, like Jones did.

2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia (6'3'', 313, 40: NA)

I think the Steelers have to get one of the top 3 centers in the draft. They might have to trade up in the 2nd round to get Frazier, but he is worth it. Frazier was a 4 time wrestling state champ in high school and those skills translate to the football field. He does have short arms, but he makes up for it with his tough and physical game. I think Herbig will be used as a transition center until Frazier is ready. At the end of the year, Frazier & Mims will both be starting

3A. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan (5'11'', 185, 40: 4.39)

Roman Wilson reminds me a lot of Tyler Lockett. He is a very QB-friendly WR. I think he could do a lot of things that Diontae has done the last few years, but with more reliable hands. Wilson isn't the biggest WR but he has that dawg in him. Coming from a run heavy Michigan team, he is also a very good run blocking WR. Wilson will make an immediate impact and I can see him becoming the go to guy on third down.  

3B. Mike Sainristil, CB, Michigan (5'9'', 182, 40: 4.47)

Steelers double dip from Michigan in round three with Sainristil. Mike is pretty much the defense version of Roman Wilson. He reminds me a lot of Mike Hilton, which the Steelers have missed since he left. He is a slot CB that can do it all. He is a ballhawk with 6 INTs in 2023 but he is also very good at run support. The only reason why he isn't being taken in the first round is size. He's going to be a slot only CB, but in today's NFL thats real important.

4. Justin Eboigbe, DL, Alabama (6'4'', 297, 40: 5.18)

Eboigbe has the size and length you want from a 3-4 DE but lacks the quickness to be a top end DE. I think he will provide the Steelers with depth behind Cam & Larry. 

6A. Dominique Hampton, S, Washington (6'2'', 215, 40: 4.51)

Hampton led the Huskies in tackles last year. He is a big physical SS that likes to hit. There are some questions about his pass coverage, but in the 6th round I am drafting him for special teams. I think he could be a special teams ace, like Miles

6B. Michael Barrett, ILB, Michigan (5'11'', 233, 40: NA)

Why not go for the hat trick with 3 Michigan players. Barrett is an undersized ILB, who probably won't be able to start in the NFL. Barrett plays with a physical demeanor which will translate to special teams. I pretty much used the two 6th round picks for special teams. Special teams is an important part of the game, especially with the new kickoff rule. Special teams, special plays, special players.

• Like 2

You nailed the first 5 picks, but not sure how realistic this would be.  Sainristil has been reported to be rising on draft boards, and will likely be selected in the mid-to-late 2nd Rd.  I also doubt Frazier makes it down to 51.

That said, if you 'tweak' it a bit by trading down in the 1st, and pick up an extra late 2nd or early 3rd, then trade a future pick along with, say, our 6th Rd pick, to move up in the 2nd for Frazier, then yeah, that might work.

Would love this draft, as is, and if I'm wrong, and all these players make it to where you have them drafted, then, yep!  I'd be pretty thrilled!

The first 4 picks would've been pretty good.  Too bad we didn't actually land Sainristil.  He was arguably my favorite Wolverine this last season.  Seemed he was always making plays.  Word has it he thought he was the pick at 51 if he hadn't went at pick 50.