So What Is John Dorsey Thinking Today?

Kathouse Sticks

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm not sure my Cleveland bros are ready for our Cincy beers man. Rheingeist, Madtree, Moerlein, Urban Artifact, etc.

A beer taste off between the two cities sound infinitely more fun than watching these two turds play football iyam.

I would most certainly be up for such a venture...

in columbus...

... in my Carp club house seats 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed. The talent on this roster is better than 1-29 IMO, Hue's been bad.

Until a couple weeks ago I advocated for keeping everyone and adding an offensives coordinator. Then Hue started throwing literally everyone under the bus.  I didn't hold his record against him because winning was never the primary goal for THIS season. At this point I'd rather just clean house, his terrible game plans and power hungry ways aren't worth the continuity he may bring.

Hue got impatient, and for good reason, our owner is an impatient buffoon. Haslam's lack of leadership allowed Hue to reach for power and control.  I thought the nerds made it pretty clear this was a long term rebuild, I'd have thought there's no way even our impetuous owner fired them in less than 3 years....boy was I wrong.

This team has needs, WR, qb, etc., but they also have the means by which to aquire those things this offseason.

Saying Sashi's plan wasn't working is no more correct than walking into a home halfway through a total renovation and saying the contractor wasn't doing his job well because the house wasn't livable yet.  It was never intended to be at that point. If all Jimmy wanted was immediate wins, he should have hired the contractor who was just going to throw up some new paint and replace the carpet as opposed to take things down to the studs. 

I like your main points. However, I would say Sashi, the salary cap plumber GM should not have attempted to do the electrical work of the roster building. He got his wires crossed and set the house on fire. He should have focused on what he did best. Next thing you know, the plumber is going to be trying to lay your hardwood floor and you’re going to end up with a toilet in your entryway. Sashi should have stuck to doing what he did best.  I can’t imagine any other NFL owner letting him anywhere near a GM role again.  

Has anyone ever asked or wondered how Sashi got the GM job in the first place? Snowed Haslam?  Haslam just thought it was a good idea? Sashi had inside info on the Pilot J rebate case? Sashi showed Haslam his trophy for winning his fantasy football league in Yahoo?

13 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh dear lord letsgo we can handle what you got. There’s great beer made here and many micros raising up all the time. Lets join forces. If we do this we could become our own dang country. 

We're just talking about beer, right?

Let's not ruin this with football.

8 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I like your main points. However, I would say Sashi, the salary cap plumber GM should not have attempted to do the electrical work of the roster building. He got his wires crossed and set the house on fire. He should have focused on what he did best. Next thing you know, the plumber is going to be trying to lay your hardwood floor and you’re going to end up with a toilet in your entryway. Sashi should have stuck to doing what he did best.  I can’t imagine any other NFL owner letting him anywhere near a GM role again. 

He didn't though. To take the analogy a bit further, he was just the general contractor. The work was subcontracted to guys like Berry, Grigson and Hue, guys who are supposed to be experts in their fields.

8 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Has anyone ever asked or wondered how Sashi got the GM job in the first place? Snowed Haslam?  Haslam just thought it was a good idea? Sashi had inside info on the Pilot J rebate case? Sashi showed Haslam his trophy for winning his fantasy football league in Yahoo?

He probably solid him on exactly what he wanted to do and how it would work. He acknowledged he needed time and Haslam agreed to terms. Then Haslam did what he does and got impatient and trigger happy and continued running this franchise into the ground.

Archived