UDFA

On 4/30/2024 at 4:41 PM, Just Want A Title said:

I was looking at their updated UDFA list and saw Cade Peterson from GVSU.  He actually has an interesting blend of size and stats.  I get the feeling he will at least make it to training camp.  We could do worse than take aflier on a 6'4" 220LB small school QB.  I can't find much on him with respect to draft profiles except one or two places mentioning that he has a live arm.

I graduated from the same HS as Cade and his brother Drew.....In almost fifty years of watching my alma maters sports teams, Cade is certainly the most gifted....All-stater in football, basketball & baseball his senior year....I don't pay close enough attention to know the Lions quarterback order following Goff....I figured he would go undrafted and wind up signing with Detroit....My guess is he will make the practice squad, but hoping he will do even better.....He's a hard worker....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I graduated from the same HS as Cade and his brother Drew.....In almost fifty years of watching my alma maters sports teams, Cade is certainly the most gifted....All-stater in football, basketball & baseball his senior year....I don't pay close enough attention to know the Lions quarterback order following Goff....I figured he would go undrafted and wind up signing with Detroit....My guess is he will make the practice squad, but hoping he will do even better.....He's a hard worker....

Thanks for the insight!  We can't keep signing Nate Sudfeld every year.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Thanks for the insight!  We can't keep signing Nate Sudfeld every year.

I don't think the Lions sign Sudfeld for his on field prowess. It feels like he's brought in to be almost another QB coach. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Hopefully, he can help Cade Peterson transition to the NFL.

We'll probably see at least one guy on the PS. With the 3QB rules now, I think it's less of an issue having that guy on your 53 man roster. 

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

We'll probably see at least one guy on the PS. With the 3QB rules now, I think it's less of an issue having that guy on your 53 man roster. 

I can think of dozens of better choices. He's a camp body 

5 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I can think of dozens of better choices. He's a camp body 

Sudfeld or Peterson?

Sudfeld is going to be on the 53 or PS at a minimum.

Peterson... PS at best and probably a camp arm. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Sudfeld or Peterson?

Sudfeld is going to be on the 53 or PS at a minimum.

Peterson... PS at best and probably a camp arm. 

Talking Peterson. Everyone gets infatuated with these UDFA but the terms of the contracts really tell you teams interest in keeping them 

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Talking Peterson. Everyone gets infatuated with these UDFA but the terms of the contracts really tell you teams interest in keeping them 

Yeah - he's a PS at best

45 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Theo Day has a better chance IMO as the Lions had him at the local pro day and then signed him as a UDFA. 

I don't think either have a chance of doing anything but then again, I didn't think Sudfeld, Blo0ugh or Boyle had any business being on an NFL roster either.  Both have good size and have had solid careers at small schools so you never know but I am guessing they are here for rookie camp more than anything. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think either have a chance of doing anything but then again, I didn't think Sudfeld, Blo0ugh or Boyle had any business being on an NFL roster either.  Both have good size and have had solid careers at small schools so you never know but I am guessing they are here for rookie camp more than anything. 

Agreed - I don't think they'll have a true shot at all but I would make a $1 dollar bet on Day over Peterson. 

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Agreed - I don't think they'll have a true shot at all but I would make a $1 dollar bet on Day over Peterson. 

All this talk makes me want to go buy a new game system and play madden. Reminds me of trading away all my old guys and having tons or young talent back in the day. 

Im Not even sure I'd madden has really changed in the last decade since I stopped playing 

2 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

All this talk makes me want to go buy a new game system and play madden. Reminds me of trading away all my old guys and having tons or young talent back in the day. 

Im Not even sure I'd madden has really changed in the last decade since I stopped playing 

Just wait for NCAA25 to come out....

That's basically what I'm doing. I have an XBOX360... haven't played it in probably 4 years. I plan on getting something when NCAA25 drops. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Just wait for NCAA25 to come out....

That's basically what I'm doing. I have an XBOX360... haven't played it in probably 4 years. I plan on getting something when NCAA25 drops. 

Yes I think the issue may be getting consoles then. With how many people quit playing after NCAA stopped I know of at least 6 guys I work with who need new consoles.