2024 post-draft mock

17 minutes ago, Duluther said:

This is what every fan of every team says about their later acquisitions. "He was a day 3 pick but he wasn't a day 3 player" equates to hoping/projecting the player will reach his uppermost percentiles of outcomes - same thing I said in the post prior.

I was very high on Rattler long before he was a Saints player. I’ve remained consistent in my views on Rattler on this forum for quite some time now. Much like I’ve remained consistent on my views of Michael Penix despite him going to the Falcons. I view both very highly.

You know exactly what it means. When it comes to player character evaluation, we can only go off of what little access and reports we're given. It's harsh and faulty to do this off of so little, but there's little alternative other than throwing it out entirely, but with QBs character is too important to not consider. And while you have your reports of Rattler being a high character at SCar, there are as many reports of the opposite at Oklahoma, not stemming from a reality tv show but the team and university. We'll have to wait for hindsight to see which reports become indicitive of Rattler's long-term character; that said, reports exist that legitimize concern over his character. Feel free to dismiss this as I don't care to further widdle down this microscope on a random backup. 

I’m going to put significantly more weight on his time at South Carolina the past couple years over his time at Oklahoma/highschool. A lot can happen from teenage years to early 20’s.

Certainly. This is a good general plan of action. Of your curated group, only Dak had any character concerns (i.e., his DUI that was later dismissed) and the other four (and Dak over time) proved to be extremely high character players (if not all quirky). Weird to curate such a list when we were just talking about character concerns... in this aspect, Rattler is more akin, and in this way alone, is more likely to fit in with other late round selections: Stetson Bennet, Kellen Mond, Jake Fromm, etc. 

Agree to disagree considering our differing stances on “character concerns” with Rattler. 

It goes without saying that character is only a piece of a many piece puzzle, and I don't care to glorify it beyond reason. Outcomes exist where both of the following are true: Rattler is a low character QB; Rattler is a good+ starting QB.

He certainly could bust, and maybe there is more than meets the eye with his character. That said, even if he wasn’t drafted by the Saints, I would still be saying he isn’t your typical day 3 QB prospect as I really think he has the talent and tools to be a good NFL QB

Just now, tyler735 said:

I was very high on Rattler long before he was a Saints player. I’ve remained consistent in my views on Rattler on this forum for quite some time now. Much like I’ve remained consistent on my views of Michael Penix despite him going to the Falcons. I view both very highly.

I’m going to put significantly more weight on his time at South Carolina the past couple years over his time at Oklahoma/highschool. A lot can happen from teenage years to early 20’s.

Agree to disagree considering our differing stances on “character concerns” with Rattler. 

He certainly could bust, and maybe there is more than meets the eye with his character. That said, even if he wasn’t drafted by the Saints, I would still be saying he isn’t your typical day 3 QB prospect as I really think he has the talent and tools to be a good NFL QB

I just have never liked Rattler. Even before the Saints drafted him.

As far as character, this is where I actually agree with you, Tyler. I don't think the character concerns are warranted.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I can't take you seriously because you're a Saints troll. Rattler will be your Ridder. Have fun with him. Let your homerism let you think he can be a good starting QB like I did for Ridder.

The beauty of this is I was high on Rattler long before he was a Saints player and there is plenty of proof on this forum. I can also admit I was high on Penix as well and won’t let “homerism” get in the way when it comes to my evals on prospects.

To prove I’m not talking out my *** here:

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He still wasn't very good.

After his freshman year many thought he was going to be a future number 1 overall pick. He played very well.

20 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Minshew as a ceiling isn't a high enough ceiling for a day 2 pick. I had Rattler as a day 3 guy. (5th round grade)

I didn’t say I think that’s his “ceiling”, but a potential outcome. As in if that’s “all” he amounted to, it would still be a good use of a 5th round pick. I think Minshew would be a good QB if he had his current skillset with Rattler arm strength/talent to make off platform throws.

Edited by tyler735

18 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

This is all fair.

• Like 1