2024 post-draft mock

The rules are simple.

The actual draft is your 'big board'. You may pick any player still on the board when your team picked. List the pick no. and who you would have taken.
You cannot make any trades that your team didn't make, but you can reject a draft-day trade your team did make and go with the original picks.

Can you do better than your team did ? Here is a chance to re-do your teams draft and pick your personal favourites.

• Like 2

These are fun. The 49ers forum  has been running this game for a long time now. A few years ago we switched to a live version and man, that is fun. 

Nothing like taking a guy in the 4th round only to watch him go undrafted. Really kicks you in the gut. 

I can easily out do the Falcons real mock with my own mock lol. 

#8   -  Laiatu Latu - Edge

#43 - AD Mitchell - WR  - Trade up rejected i want my other 3rd round pick back

3A  -  Bralen Trice -  Edge

3B - Payton Wilson - LB

4th - T.J. Tampa - CB

5th - Johnny Wilson - WR

6a - Mekhi Wingo - DT

6b - DJ. James - CB

Grabbing 2 UDFA's as well     Omar Brown - safety and  Fabian Lovett - NT

• Like 1

Oh man, I put one of these up every year on my draft rankings so I can keep receipts.  I have the picks I would have made in a vacuum, and then the ones I would have made given the ones that the Titans already picked.  I don't use the benefit of hindsight or Wingo would have been a much later pick.

7. Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn St
38. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
106. Mekhi Wingo, DT, LSU (Cedric Gray was the want in the moment when Sweat was already the pick)
146. Edafuan Ulofoshio, LB, Washington (Malik Washington with what we already had)
182. Malik Washington, WR, Virginia
242. Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami (Beau Brade with what we already had)
252. Julian Pearl, OT, Illinois (if you don't count Brade/Taylor again)

Posted (edited)

Packers

25  C/OG Graham Barton
45  ILB Edgerrin Cooper*
58  OT Kiran Amegadjie
88  CB Jarrian Jones
91  S    Kamren Kinchens
111 ILB Jeremiah Trotter (it was him, ILB Eichenberg or  RB Jaylen Wright)
163 OC Jacob Monk*
169 S   Kitan Oladapo*
202 RB Dylan Laube
245 QB Michael Pratt*
254 DT Donovan Jennings

The Packers took plenty of players I liked this year, so several feature in my re-draft here (see those marked with a *). The Packers also picked up Jennings as a UFA. I especially wanted OT Amegadjie and slot CB Jones, liked the fast but undersized ILB Trotter at 111 and the pass-catching expertise of RB Laube.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Draft, if I would have been in that situation OTC:

2) Drake Maye, QB
50) Adonai Mitchell, WR
53) Patrick Paul, OT
67) Andru Phillips, CB
100) Theo Johnson, TE
139) Austin Booker, EDGE
161) Jaylin Simpson, S
222) Tatum Bethune, LB

• Like 1

Bengals:

18. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
49. Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington (I would have tried to trade up for Johnny Newton, but i'm sticking with picks we actually made)
80. Jermaine Burton, WR, Alabama
97. Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina
115. Mason McCormick, IOL, South Dakota State
149. Mekhi Wingo, DL, LSU
194. Brenden Rice, WR, USC
204. Jaheim Bell, TE, Florida State
224. Evan Anderson, NT, FAU
237. Matt Lee, C, Miami

Posted (edited)

There's obviously a big advantage here with hindsight of knowing who is on the board throughout the draft, but even with that, my "redraft" would be fairly similar:

14. Taliese Fuaga 

41. Kool-Aid McKinstry (torn with Adonai Mitchell on the board still, but feel there must have been weight to his character concerns for him to drop like he did)

150. Spencer Rattler

170. Johnny Wilson

175. Dylan Laube

199. Khristian Boyd

239. Dallin Holker

Edited by tyler735

On 5/2/2024 at 2:18 PM, tyler735 said:

There's obviously a big advantage here with hindsight of knowing who is on the board throughout the draft, but even with that, my "redraft" would be fairly similar:

That is true, but it is at least somewhat balanced by the teams having way more information on players than we do as fans..............and as the most fun comes from looking back at who we would have taken in a year or two, compared to who the team did pick, it is at least somewhat comparable.

Detroit Lions Re-Draft:

Rd 1 Pick 24 - Decline trade up for Arnold.  I like him but have the CBs available ranked close and had one I have ranked higher based on his fit with our scheme. 

Rd. 1 Pick 29 - Kool-Aid Mckinstry, CB Alabama - I think he is as good or better than Arnold and we keep our third rd pick. 

Rd. 2 Pick 61 - Bralen Trice, Edge Washington - We needed to add an edge player and I really like Trice.  

Rd. 3 Pick 73 - Cooper Beebe, G TCU - He went with this pick but to Dallas because of our first round trade.  I think he could step in right away if needed and can replace Zeitler next year after his one year deal expires. 

Rd. 4 Pick 126 - I would have passed on this trade and kept our 2025 3rd rd pick.  I like Manu but seems high to draft him and even higher when we gave away a future 3rd.  

Rd. 4 Pick 132 - I would have passed on this trade as well.  I like Vaki but if we really plan to use him as a RB/returner I would rather have kept the picks late.  Especially giving up a 4th, moving down in the 6th and giving a 2025 4th.  I prefer to keep the other picks. 

Rd. 5 Pick 164 - Qwantez Stiggers - CB Toronto - Instead of taking a chance on Manu, I would have given Stiggers a shot here.  

Rd. 6 Pick 189 - I would pass on the trade up to get Wingo.  I like him but see below. 

Rd 6. Pick 201 - Christian Mahogany, OG Boston College - This is a value pick.  Don't need it with Beebe earlier but always good to improve depth on the OL. 

Rd. 6 Pick 205 - Leonard Taylor III, DT Miami - I don't see a big difference between he and Wingo and I think Taylor has more upside.  This late neither are expected to be anything but depth but always like taking high ceiling guys here. 

Rd. 7 Pick 245 - Jalen Coker, WR Holy Cross - My sleeper WR of the draft that I think will vastly outperform his UDFA status.  This pick could also be Dwight Mcglothern as he is another CB I think fits our system extremely well but given I drafted two CB's I will take the WR I really wanted.  

• Like 1

For my Giants:

6 JJ McCarthy, QB Michigan

47 Mike Sainristil, NCB Michigan

70 Christian Haynes, G UConn

107 Javon Baker, WR UCF

166 Tyrone Tracy, RB Purdue

183 Mekhi Wingo, iDL LSU

This is probably worse than the Giants actually did, but I'd take my shot at McCarthy at 6, which changes your whole draft. The value at WR wasn't really there again until round 4, for me at least. The only pick that stays from the real draft is Tyrone Tracy in the 5th, which makes sense as I think he might be the best RB value pick in the entire draft.

For the Falcons:

8 - EDGE Dallas Turner

35 - IDL Johnny Newton

74 - LB Payton Wilson

109 - IDL Brandon Dorlus

143 - CB Kris Abrams-Draine

186 - CB D.J. James

187 - WR Brendan Rice

197 - RB Cody Schrader

Doesn't waste time with a 3rd IDL that won't make the roster or a QB this year and instead adds depth to the CB room that needs it. Gets more instant impact guys like Turner and Wilson who should compete for playing time early. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2024 at 2:51 PM, MikeT14 said:

Draft, if I would have been in that situation OTC:

2) Drake Maye, QB
50) Adonai Mitchell, WR
53) Patrick Paul, OT
67) Andru Phillips, CB
100) Theo Johnson, TE

139) Austin Booker, EDGE
161) Jaylin Simpson, S
222) Tatum Bethune, LB

I thought you didn't care for what the Giants did outside of Nabers?